RPGM Abandoned Ethereal [v0.6.4] [Fishbone Labs]

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
I will try to update later today with details, changes and full build including the extra dlc.

Some bugs were reported, so working on them before releasing a new build.

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018

Changes:
Two new maps added
New monster: Desert Scorpion
New character introduced: Alia "CherryBomb" Blackwell
Lag fixes.
Quests difficulty adjusted: Only 5 items for mech scraps and scorpion venom required to be found.
Fights menus simplified a little, less repeating actions.
Adult scenes added.

Known bugs:
The character could lag badly on some maps when using mouse (solution: wait a little to clear the pathfinding queue or use the keyboard).
The character could get stuck in some objects/corners etc. As a temporary solution use keyboard directional keys to "escape".
The camera is not following the character when using the keyboard directional keys.
Scorpion stridulating sound almost can't be heard.
Adult video not playing.

Notes:
In order to unlock the adult scenes, the separate dlc file (extra_dlc.asar) and must be copied inside the EtherealDemo_0.6.3\resources folder near the other asar files.

Download the

Reactions: bernthal

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Updated again.

Download new update:

Changes:

The camera is now following the character when using the keyboard directional keys. [bug-fix]
Scorpion stridulating sound fixed. [bug-fix]
Adult video should play. [bug-fix]
Scrap Scanner works faster.
Two new maps added
New monster: Desert Scorpion
New character introduced: Alia "CherryBomb" Blackwell
Lag fixes.
Quests difficulty adjusted: Only 5 items for mech scraps and scorpion venom required to be found.
Fights menus simplified a little, less repeating actions.
Adult scenes added.

Known bugs:
The character could lag badly on some maps when using mouse (solution: wait a little to clear the pathfinding queue or use the keyboard).
The character could get stuck in some objects/corners etc. As a temporary solution use keyboard directional keys to "escape".

Notes:
In order to unlock the adult scenes, the separate dlc file (extra_dlc.asar) and must be copied inside the EtherealDemo_0.6.3\resources folder near the other asar files.

Download the

Reactions: bernthal

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
It seems this is something we failed badly with it.
The difficulty was decreased multiple times, from 10 scraps we dropped to only 5 (that is like half), then from 1 single scrap switched to an interval 1 up to 4 so you should actually get 2.5 more scaps. And the scanner text speed was increased so... overall getting the tasks done should be easy. (This is valid for current build version 0.6.4)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: MrZang and bernthal

pletoxxx

May 18, 2017
probably there was diamond in it, if you were already attract this much haters.. just had to try harder to find it lol

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Pushing forward with development, just wrote this Friday's game progress, if you have time please feel free to read about and provide feedback.
Don't be shy and let us know what you think, just don't start bashing on everything with the "MV sucks, I hate it" hammer.

Necrow

Jun 4, 2017
Pushing forward with development, just wrote this Friday's game progress, if you have time please feel free to read about and provide feedback.
Don't be shy and let us know what you think, just don't start bashing on everything with the "MV sucks, I hate it" hammer.
I don't believe in bashing the engine the game was made on, as long as its not like all the others. Ex. RPGM games are mostly made the same way. Take for example, completely different way from most of the others.
I however would like to give this game some more time to grow, don't want to try it too early. Definitely adding to my watch list.

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Yes, an interesting approach, I've been thinking on something similar for some time now. Funny enough, but Boomatica seems to have switched from MV to Tyranobuilder and at some point will probably land in the Ren'Py side.

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Another update on the development progress.
The battle system we are working on is based on the Match3 randomness mechanics, we have a lot of hopes on this one.

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
Another Friday update, showing the current implementation of the new Battle System (work in progress).
We still to do proper animations/effects/sounds, some UI changes.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Fixed up the OP (My god was it a mess). @FishboneGamingLabs is this still in development? It seems all recent posts on patreon have been about Iron Scraps.

FishboneGamingLabs

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
@Retro
As it is now, no. There are some resources we are missing to do what we initially had in plan, so Ethereal was closed.
There will be other games based on it probably, but in a different format.