thatoneguy256

Aug 8, 2018
That's odd. For me and other guys all works just fine - I specifically asked them to double-check.

Tried again today and it looks like it worked haha I'm sorry to worry you! Maybe something on my end. But in there now, so can't wait to see the community grow and what you create. Excited for this June's release

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: PipPoad

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
That's odd. For me and other guys all works just fine - I specifically asked them to double-check.
When will be the next update? I want to give the game a try but if the update is around the corner I will wait,its been 5 months so big is the next patch?

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Official must be this June.
Yeah, you better to wait for the new version because of one feature. And it's gonna be ~3 times bigger then the first one.
Good to hear,Waiting for the update and I hope I wont be dissapointed because this game could be something unique.

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Agreed! The potential for this game is immense. Can't wait for the update and hoping it lives up to the hype. Excitement levels through the roof!
Same just a word of advice dont get too hyped,its a lose-lose scenario,1 its that the game dissapoints or 2 the game is good but not as good as you imagined so dissapoiting.Maintain what I like to call cautious optimism.

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Same just a word of advice dont get too hyped,its a lose-lose scenario,1 its that the game dissapoints or 2 the game is good but not as good as you imagined so dissapoiting.Maintain what I like to call cautious optimism.
I've found myself many times disappointed by games made by famous developers with enormous credibility. So yes, overhyping on a project that is made by essentially one person and easy is hell to fuck up is pretty reckless :geek:

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
I've found myself many times disappointed by games made by famous developers with enormous credibility. So yes, overhyping on a project that is made by essentially one person and easy is hell to fuck up is pretty reckless :geek:
Im saying this because its very important and SHOULD be common sense not because im pesimistic as some might say,this overhype is hurting both sides (devs and players).

I know all too well what you mean,do you have a certain example of a game you hope for and dissapointed you? For me because of overhype it might be Dead Island 2 and to a certain degree Dying Light 2 though its not just overhype.

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Im saying this because its very important and SHOULD be common sense not because im pesimistic as some might say,this overhype is hurting both sides (devs and players).

I know all too well what you mean,do you have a certain example of a game you hope for and dissapointed you? For me because of overhype it might be Dead Island 2 and to a certain degree Dying Light 2 though its not just overhype.
Mae.gif
Sure. Cyberpunk 2077, Overwatch 2, Fallout 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Total War Warhammer 3 (at the launch), Dark Souls: Remastered. Maybe something else that my brain chose to simply forget for the safety of my sanity.

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
View attachment 2706587
Sure. Cyberpunk 2077, Overwatch 2, Fallout 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Total War Warhammer 3 (at the launch), Dark Souls: Remastered. Maybe something else that my brain chose to simply forget for the safety of my sanity.
Cyberpunk by this point is a burning dumpster and its better to just avoid it,Overwatch has a toxic community,Fallout 4? That game is great,I finished it and havent regretted a second,dont know the rest so. Maybe it will get better or not.

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Cyberpunk by this point is a burning dumpster and its better to just avoid it,Overwatch has a toxic community,Fallout 4? That game is great,I finished it and havent regretted a second,dont know the rest so. Maybe it will get better or not.
My problem with F4 was lack of actuall role play. After Fallout New Vegas with a tones of interesting dialogues, speech checks and unique answers based on your perks and reputation, dialogues in F4 with a "Yes" "No" "What" and "Sarcasm" player's answers is just a joke (and there was a lot of memes about it). Graphics are okay (although such a bright and juicy color palette in a post-apocalyptic world is rather dubious), the shooting is good, the relationship progression with the companions are made very well. But for me, the inability to play a certain character and solve problems in different ways depending on your build was the main reason why I gave it up. Even a bunch of mods did not save the situation (hello Skyrim, which I played until 2018)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And Overwatch - it's just a failure and the greates example of how money-hungry and lazy developers can ruin a great franchise made by talented people who, unfortunately, have long since left the Blizzard. The last AAA game I really enjoyed was Elden Ring, and now indie projects give me much more joy and emotion than a half-working crap in a beautiful wrapper for full price (and which I can not even buy in my country officially, ahah)

Reactions: mikel8519 and exter

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
My problem with F4 was lack of actuall role play. After Fallout New Vegas with a tones of interesting dialogues, speech checks and unique answers based on your perks and reputation, dialogues in F4 with a "Yes" "No" "What" and "Sarcasm" player's answers is just a joke (and there was a lot of memes about it). Graphics are okay (although such a bright and juicy color palette in a post-apocalyptic world is rather dubious), the shooting is good, the relationship progression with the companions are made very well. But for me, the inability to play a certain character and solve problems in different ways depending on your build was the main reason why I gave it up. Even a bunch of mods did not save the situation (hello Skyrim, which I played until 2018)
And Overwatch - it's just a failure and the greates example of how money-hungry and lazy developers can ruin a great franchise made by talented people who, unfortunately, have long since left the Blizzard. The last AAA game I really enjoyed was Elden Ring, and now indie projects give me much more joy and emotion than a half-working crap in a beautiful wrapper for full price (and which I can not even buy in my country officially, ahah)
Blizzard, Activision, Ubisoft. All the big names are going the same way as the big film franchises and streaming services. Promoting their political narratives and insulting the fan base if they don't agree with said narrative. Personally, I've ditched the lot. I prefer to support small devs with early access. I'm playing Spacebourne II at the moment and really enjoying it. Ok, it's not a polished game such as the aforementioned houses bring out. But the dev (just one) updates weekly, is very proactive and that means we; the players, are part of the development journey. Plus you don't pay a bunch of money for a half complete game and then have to constantly shell out more for DLC. Which is really just getting you to pay for the rest of the game.

My drives breathed a sigh of relief when I deleted all the CoD files. My steam library looks so much better since I totally uninstalled all CoD titles.

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Im aware of the dialogue mess they made,not defending the lazy frauds at Bethesda but you gotta take into consideration that Fallout 3 was a mess,Fallout 1 and 2 and NV were made by different Obisidan people so you cant expect Bethesda to make the game the same way,I played FNV aswell and it was great in the story department but felt lacking in many areas like combat,items,map and area development,quests were more deep than fallout 4 or the unspeakable horror released recently but it still wasnt what I was looking for,outside of the dialogue like you said items,companions,map and combat and for me even quests were great,true still not enough for me but thats about 90% of games,Obsidian made recently the outer worlds game and its not as deep as you'd expect from them or well crafted,I dont know what is going with them.

The color palette is something I liked actually,the first ones and FNV were good in their own way for having the old world blues style of nostalgia but in my view it wasnt gonna work for Fallout 4 which was over 200 years after the great war and I think past the events of FN 1,2 and FNV,the bright colors and vibrant enviroment were supposed to give off the feeling of a brave new world and hope that humanity is rebuilding and you can change the world somewhat,it gave me energy and small hope and it should be like that 200 years after.

Dont know about you but Im not doing multiple plays of game usually including Fallout,im usually messing around and exploring as much as I can in the first,sad to hear that mods didnt work for you I heard that there are many fantastics mods and they can fix the game for Alter Kampfer.

Overwatch was ones good? By the time it got my attention it was a mediocre,toxic and over sexualized pile of trash,Team Fortress 2 is and was always superior in every way.

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
I prefer to support small devs with early access. I'm playing Spacebourne II at the moment and really enjoying it. Ok, it's not a polished game such as the aforementioned houses bring out. But the dev (just one) updates weekly, is very proactive and that means we; the players, are part of the development journey. Plus you don't pay a bunch of money for a half complete game and then have to constantly shell out more for DLC. Which is really just getting you to pay for the rest of the game.
Nice! Many small developers deserve to be supported.

My drives breathed a sigh of relief when I deleted all the CoD files. My steam library looks so much better since I totally uninstalled all CoD titles.
Great decision, CoD became silly and outdated money grubber a long time ago.

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Im aware of the dialogue mess they made,not defending the lazy frauds at Bethesda but you gotta take into consideration that Fallout 3 was a mess,Fallout 1 and 2 and NV were made by different Obisidan people so you cant expect Bethesda to make the game the same way,I played FNV aswell and it was great in the story department but felt lacking in many areas like combat,items,map and area development,quests were more deep than fallout 4 or the unspeakable horror released recently but it still wasnt what I was looking for,outside of the dialogue like you said items,companions,map and combat and for me even quests were great,true still not enough for me but thats about 90% of games,Obsidian made recently the outer worlds game and its not as deep as you'd expect from them or well crafted,I dont know what is going with them.
Sometimes it's just not your thing, like new super cool movie that everyone love, but you don't. But I can understand why a lot of people like F4 - it's not a bad game, and waaaaaaaaay better some trash released in 2023.

The color palette is something I liked actually,the first ones and FNV were good in their own way for having the old world blues style of nostalgia but in my view it wasnt gonna work for Fallout 4 which was over 200 years after the great war and I think past the events of FN 1,2 and FNV,the bright colors and vibrant enviroment were supposed to give off the feeling of a brave new world and hope that humanity is rebuilding and you can change the world somewhat,it gave me energy and small hope and it should be like that 200 years after.
Understandable. I just love dark and depressing colors\style, haha.

Dont know about you but Im not doing multiple plays of game usually including Fallout,im usually messing around and exploring as much as I can in the first,sad to hear that mods didnt work for you I heard that there are many fantastics mods and they can fix the game for Alter Kampfer.
I would give F4 a second chance with mods, but when it first came out, I was at university and had plenty of free time to fool around. Now, unfortunately, I won't be able to make time for it.

Overwatch was ones good? By the time it got my attention it was a mediocre,toxic and over sexualized pile of trash,Team Fortress 2 is and was always superior in every way.
"Over sexualized" and "Blizzard" looking funny together, especially after they started taking away character's necklines and changing "sexy" cards's arts in Hearstone.

4.30 star(s) 18 Votes