Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
As of backer build v1.26.1:

There's an interesting bug/error that occurs that stops me from really getting anywhere.
When trying to advance, the 'old save detected, update by returning to your room' prompt comes up.
However after doing that and when loading the save, the scene loops back to the aforementioned throne room 'old saves' prompt and I can't really go anywhere. Same occurs if you go to a different area and/or use rollback.

Basically, a doom loop.
Yeah, I've had it happen to me when I was trying to run old save files and triest to remedy with a more direct refresh prompt. I guess it must be even more severe than I thought.

I'll try to come up with a solution soon. Thank you for reporting this!

Reactions: Crevanille

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Yeah, I've had it happen to me when I was trying to run old save files and triest to remedy with a more direct refresh prompt. I guess it must be even more severe than I thought.

I'll try to come up with a solution soon. Thank you for reporting this!
yes it happened to me on a new save 1717967304821.png

Reactions: Velvet Gene

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
As of backer build v1.26.1b:

The hard reset solution doesn't work. Or at least, it didn't work for me.

After updating the game and trying out the hard reset option and saving the game at various locations I attempted to load the newly saved files only to keep running into the whole 'throne room old save files detected' doom loop.

This effectively means that whatever progress I make pointless since it just doesn't stick.

Never ran into this problem until updating to v1.26.1 though, if that helps.
I didn't get any code error messages either. Sorry.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022

After updating the game and trying out the hard reset option and saving the game at various locations I attempted to load the newly saved files only to keep running into the whole 'throne room old save files detected' doom loop.

This effectively means that whatever progress I make pointless since it just doesn't stick.

Okay, thank you for notifying me.

In that case, I guess I'll just have to dig deeper. I'm suspecting this may not even be an issue with the old version at this point, but something about the throne room completely turning the gameplay loop on its head.

I'm really sorry about the inconvenience and I hope I find a solution for this soon.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022

Also, now that a different reset system is set, I'll try to get rid of the automatic one after loading and maybe this will work. It could be that the reset menu is ironically causing issues for the old save files.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Okay, thank you for notifying me.

In that case, I guess I'll just have to dig deeper. I'm suspecting this may not even be an issue with the old version at this point, but something about the throne room completely turning the gameplay loop on its head.

I'm really sorry about the inconvenience and I hope I find a solution for this soon.
No worries.
Bugs happen and that's what feedback is for.
I'm not one to get mad over stuff like this.
Only when there's a lack of communication.
You're good there.
Best of luck.

Last edited:

-dirtyoldman-

Jan 19, 2019
just tried it (1.26.01 compressed) and every time i select return to the palace (from the map or some location) the game freezes - maybe the compression is to blame? does anybody else having the same problem?

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
just tried it (1.26.01 compressed) and every time i select return to the palace (from the map or some location) the game freezes - maybe the compression is to blame? does anybody else having the same problem?
Ok, thank you for letting me know. I'll try to see what's wrong if I can fix it?

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
As of backer build v1.26.2:
The throne loop bug is gone, but another game crashing bug replaces it.
After getting done with court events, the screen locks up with a 'Talk to Lizette/Leave' dialogue box. Clicking on it just resets the game and you can't proceed.
I haven't tested it on other scenes yet, but there you go.

Here's my save file btw. Hope that helps.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022
After getting done with court events, the screen locks up with a 'Talk to Lizette/Leave' dialogue box. Clicking on it just resets the game and you can't proceed.

Okay, thank you so much for sending the file! I'll go check it out and see if I can come up with a solution. The fact the throne loop is gone makes me hopeful that I'm finally onto the culprit.

Velvet Gene

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2022

Quick update! I managed to get the game running again by using the "Debug" screen from the book menu before finishing the court events. After exiting the book menu, I clicked the "Hard Reset" button that appeared in the top left corner.
After the game reset to sunday morning, I talked to one of the maids, exited the conversation, used the second reset option and then the game's week loop progressed as normal (I'm pretty sure this should work even if the second menu doesn't appear though).

In the next game update, I'll try to tweak the old save update system a little and remove the second warning screen for those who have already used the Debug screen, but until then, let me know if this method worked for you.

Alternatively I could send you the fixed save file back if you want.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Quick update! I managed to get the game running again by using the "Debug" screen from the book menu before finishing the court events. After exiting the book menu, I clicked the "Hard Reset" button that appeared in the top left corner.
After the game reset to sunday morning, I talked to one of the maids, exited the conversation, used the second reset option and then the game's week loop progressed as normal (I'm pretty sure this should work even if the second menu doesn't appear though).

In the next game update, I'll try to tweak the old save update system a little and remove the second warning screen for those who have already used the Debug screen, but until then, let me know if this method worked for you.

Alternatively I could send you the fixed save file back if you want.
Thx! I'll give it a try!

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Update:
Had to do a little clicking around after your suggestion since I couldn't actually exit out of the screen error I told you about, but using an earlier sav and going from there eventually seemed to fix it. Namely the Great Cathedral where the options 'Talk with Lizette/Leave' is supposed to show seemed to do the trick. I dunno why it was showing up in other scenes, but there you go.

As for other bugs?

The usual court event graphical error.
When priestess comes to petition you and you have her ride you, she goes all ghost on you and only her hair, eyes, and mouth are visible. It's honestly kinda freaky looking.

That's all for now.

3.80 star(s) 22 Votes