Neoptolemos

May 25, 2017
Yeah Neoptolemos made it with the minutes, i like that version. Sorry skybarbie :) Maybe you get it in yours?
just to clarify. My minutes "mod" was made in the hotfix 1 game file. So nobody has to do anything. I just hope noobtrain will incorporate / use the "minutes mod" if he decides to continue with Evil 2. Again he'll probably will need to do some finetuning to make all timings to his liking but i'm fine with it as long as every action doesn't take 1 or more full hours. Let's face it, 1 hour for just shaving your face is kind of rediculous :p

For clarification that it is hotfix 1 I've attached my evil 2 game file again but named it properly.

Neoptolemos

May 25, 2017
Not happening. Too great of a chance of causing issues. Time is changed in all areas of the game.
I apreciate your concern but I'm very sure no issues will be caused (unless i did a typo somewhere :cool:). I did the same and even more with the last jessicajones version for myself and played that a lot without experiencing any issues. Now I did only the minutes in noobtrain's version and decided to share it here cause I really think it makes the game much more enjoyable to play. Also a bit easier cause dealing drugs in the club now also takes less time so you can earn money faster now.

Neoptolemos

May 25, 2017
I like your change very much but a few bugs or "time jumps" are happening.

example:
Nightclub - The time sets back when it gets 23 oclock

It appears a few other parts too but all in all it doesn´t bug ME :) Your change is MORE positive then NEGATIV and i got no crashes at all. Just finished Family Story on the college/boxer path
Weird. I just tried and can't seem to replicate it. At time 22:55 I did the dance action which takes 10 minutes and ended at 23:05 like it should be :unsure: even after leaving the club and moving to other areas the time just ads up with the set minutes without strange behaviour. Also same when I do the dance act at 22:50, it ends at 23:00.

I also don't see any reason in the code why it should act like that.

gandalf15 did you by any chance made yourself "tester"?

Last edited:

Gakko_dev

Vice President
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2019
I killed him in my last game... You just need a elite sniper hit-man with a sniper rifle, and 50.000$.

Back in the original game, when you killed Mabuta the nigerian band was hostile to you, but it doesn't seem to happen in the current version.

So yes, It's the best solution...
How do you find an elit sniper?

Neoptolemos

May 25, 2017
We are all tester, no? :)
I play with your changes since and know somewhere was the "time reset" at a few points in the game. I will write you when i found it.

I made some changes (some minor) too and test it now. But it seems to be working but not ready to put it here.
Yes and No :p

Yes we are all testers by playing the game. But I should have been more clear. One of the devs incorporated a piece of code to get some benefits when variable tester=1 is set.

This is important because the only places in the code I can see where time is manipulated with hour-= to get a set back in time are 2 occasions where one of the devs decided to go either -1 hour or -4 hour but only when tester=1 is true. The 3rd occasion is when you enable the cheats and can choose -1 hour to set back time 1 hour.

But if you can give me the exact situation when it happens i can look more into it.

Also sometimes when changes are made and you start a saved game then the changes only work properly at the next day after sleep. So if you can't reproduce the time jumps anymore that might be the reason.

OrphanOrphan

Jun 9, 2019
How do you find an elit sniper?
The elite sniper is the highest level of shooting... if you train one of your gang members with army experience in shooting for a few weeks, he will end being an elite sniper.

Given time, I suppose than any gang member should be able to get this level of shooting, but with army veterans should be faster.

Joshego

Donor
Aug 7, 2016
Is there any other story besides the family narrative? It's one of a kind good story and all, enjoyed it deeply, but I'm stuck in the daily sleep and earn loop now.
Maybe some war between crimelords? a constant battlefield for business takeover and whores, build weapon factory to arm your gang, bodyguards, and maids? f their wife/mom/sis/daughter if you invade their mansion? Some extra quest to keep going?

Last edited:

Gizmoman

Jan 27, 2018
Victor Volkogonov is the teacher which you had in your contacs since start of the game. He is an Sniper and in my Gang the Leader.
How do you get to talk with him btw? I've not managed to get any development with him as a male character (He was involved with girls and sissies in the old game)

playa2

Jan 21, 2021
Never been able to talk to him :/
you can't talk to him ,the only way to befriend him is to offer him drugs ,in my last game he accepted them and i got him in my gang ,in a new game he refuses them and shows me the middle finger ,a quick check with qgen shows that an npc with more than 70 dominance will refuse drugs .

Gizmoman

Jan 27, 2018
you can't talk to him ,the only way to befriend him is to offer him drugs ,in my last game he accepted them and i got him in my gang ,in a new game he refuses them and shows me the middle finger ,a quick check with qgen shows that an npc with more than 70 dominance will refuse drugs .
And he got 100 dom, so it's literally impossible.

skybarbie

Aug 18, 2022
Weird. I just tried and can't seem to replicate it. At time 22:55 I did the dance action which takes 10 minutes and ended at 23:05 like it should be :unsure: even after leaving the club and moving to other areas the time just ads up with the set minutes without strange behaviour. Also same when I do the dance act at 22:50, it ends at 23:00.

I also don't see any reason in the code why it should act like that.

gandalf15 did you by any chance made yourself "tester"?
We are all tester, no? :)
I play with your changes since and know somewhere was the "time reset" at a few points in the game. I will write you when i found it.

I made some changes (some minor) too and test it now. But it seems to be working but not ready to put it here.
noobtrain made a mistake and added all of the tester cheats (which are hidden) to the 'dynamic $d_pimp_me' console cheat. He probably either intended for that cheat to be unpublished or he made a mistake in adding the tester cheats. So, several players out there are probably using tester cheats without knowing it. I did fix this bug (removed the tester cheats) from that console command in one of my hotfixes.

skybarbie

Aug 18, 2022
Is there any other story besides the family narrative? It's one of a kind good story and all, enjoyed it deeply, but I'm stuck in the daily sleep and earn loop now.
Maybe some war between crimelords? a constant battlefield for business takeover and whores, build weapon factory to arm your gang, bodyguards, and maids? f their wife/mom/sis/daughter if you invade their mansion? Some extra quest to keep going?
There are 5 random events in addition to the family story.

Those are all great suggestions but the last three developers have been chased off by this community.

Reactions: Joshego

ginger

Mar 17, 2017
Hi,
Just completed the Late game 'Family Trouble' and can I say its well worth it, Brilliant work. I really enjoyed that RPG style you have put into it. The pictures and video's of both girls help develop the story of your families corruption.
Tiny negative is the music that seems to play now, can't seem to swith it off and hear thier moans louder.
Are you thinking of other characters you could develop along the same lines?
I'd love the idea of 'Dominating the Dom' with a capture and control of Mistress Dominique. 1- for sexual gratification and 2-to have Slave breaker and 3 International slave selling market where you sell 'Targets' Age, hair colour, looks for a high amount!
Just thoughts, loving your work and excited to see where you take us next. Thank you!

skybarbie

Aug 18, 2022
Hi,
Just completed the Late game 'Family Trouble' and can I say its well worth it, Brilliant work. I really enjoyed that RPG style you have put into it. The pictures and video's of both girls help develop the story of your families corruption.
Tiny negative is the music that seems to play now, can't seem to swith it off and hear thier moans louder.
Are you thinking of other characters you could develop along the same lines?
I'd love the idea of 'Dominating the Dom' with a capture and control of Mistress Dominique. 1- for sexual gratification and 2-to have Slave breaker and 3 International slave selling market where you sell 'Targets' Age, hair colour, looks for a high amount!
Just thoughts, loving your work and excited to see where you take us next. Thank you!
To disable music: disable_music=1 (use the spectre1viper command injector)

If more players would have provided positive feedback like this, perhaps the dev wouldn't have left.

Reactions: ginger

ginger

Mar 17, 2017
To disable music: disable_music=1 (use the spectre1viper command injector)

If more players would have provided positive feedback like this, perhaps the dev wouldn't have left.
The disable_music=1 did not work for me. Although thank you for the suggestion
What I found worked was to go into
Evil2/Evil/Sound and zip file all the music (don't delete) The videos with Mum and Sis play with sound but without the music.

wei270

Jul 29, 2020
ok so what is the stats of the npc need for them to become your courier after you talk to them in the club, i can't male npc to help me with my drug problem lol, do i need to talk to them more before they can ?is it a corruption thing or a relation thing?

Neoptolemos

May 25, 2017
The disable_music=1 did not work for me. Although thank you for the suggestion
What I found worked was to go into
Evil2/Evil/Sound and zip file all the music (don't delete) The videos with Mum and Sis play with sound but without the music.
If you use the QSP player which comes with the game (Quest Soft Player 5) you can simply change it in the settings/Sound volume menu or use a combination ALT-1 to ALT-5 where 1 is no sound

3.90 star(s) 27 Votes