hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
findWebm() will select a random .webm from a list according to the _tag u've asked (that's where you put the name of the .webm file) :
I tried this, added several new vids with the correct name, but no random choice is made. Only the first one is shown for all actions.

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
After you have the WTM system using renpy's movie system. The _tag here is passed to findWebm() as "find me whatever .webm fits this action"

findWebm() will select a random .webm from a list according to the _tag u've asked (that's where you put the name of the .webm file) :
This is why you should never use ren'py to write code. Can do this in like 1 or 2 lines in C#, and never have to change the code when you add more files.

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
This is why you should never use ren'py to write code. Can do this in like 1 or 2 lines in C#, and never have to change the code when you add more files.
But : the game is in renpy :LOL:
Python can do the same as C#, same I/O calls can be made. Tbh, the img system is almost all automated.
I'm keeping a list for vids bc it's WIP + some vids are reused between different tags.

I tried this, added several new vids with the correct name, but no random choice is made. Only the first one is shown for all actions.
It works. Screen me your findWebm() function and your vids folder.

Last edited:

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
The game will crash if you have added and/or renames images/vids while loading a saved game. Somehow the list is not refreshed at game start, but only at init.
As I said, file path are present in the clothing class to avoid redoing an I/O check every time.
Changing file paths will make them falsy, crashing the game. An update function would be necessary for that case.

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
As I said, file path are present in the clothing class to avoid redoing an I/O check every time.
Okay, so here we have a difference of expectation.
I was expecting that a list was generated from a read action. This is easily done in python/renpy. Then select the items from tags. See eg Brothel King ( )

But now I realise it is hardcoded....

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Changing file paths will make them falsy, crashing the game. An update function would be necessary for that case.
Never coded python and don't know what falsy is, but IMO it shouldn't be a great task to dynamically check the folders each time the game starts and construct a list of available files for reference later. Hard-coding the available files/tags is very limiting and harder to update going forward.

Reactions: hotmike

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
Okay, so here we have a difference of expectation.
I was expecting that a list was generated from a read action. This is easily done in python/renpy. Then select the items from tags. See eg Brothel King ( )

But now I realise it is hardcoded....
It's obv hardcoded, I'm already using renpy.list_files() for some I/O code, in the context is better than doing a python lisdir() I guess. Clothing classes are using it at init bc it's possible.
But when u need to list things you want: harcode, doing config file or whatever, it needs to be specified somewhere at some point ><

Never coded python and don't know what falsy is, but IMO it shouldn't be a great task to dynamically check the folders each time the game starts and construct a list of available files for reference later. Hard-coding the available files/tags is very limiting and harder to update going forward.
Pain for nothing. Doing a "dynamic" system don't really mean anything and is just not efficient in term of time spent.
Modders are supposed to jiggle files for testing purposes, players don't.
I still encourages you to upload a .py script checking for broken paths in saved girl's wardrobe clothings for modders tho-.

I don't see how can you specify that you want 'fuck_pussy*' files but also 'fuck1' and 'fuck3' and 'fuck_ass8' to be display for that specific event without coding it somwhere somehow ?

imetus

Aug 29, 2017
Great game. Simple but addictive. When we get more variations in, it'll be even better.

Some suggestions:
1) Allow the MC to "extend" the exam by a fixed amount so that it's both an opportunity and a risk factor.
2) Add a maso stat or an anal stat to reduce pain (getting numbers in the hundreds here).
3) Change the dialogue for the sex addicts so they're not always scared or rejecting.

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
Ninoss HelotGames I will leave the coding to you. For now, the system is to hard to add stuff to easily (modable). I assume you also do not have a git repo so others can work together?

So, don't want to loose my hours of searching for pics/vids: how can I share it with you? It was quite a bit of work, looking for faceless videos.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Ninoss HelotGames

Kind of noticed some of the "start fucking her ass" scenes are somewhat lacking in anal, so here's a little something that i hope will be of use.

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
Ninoss HelotGames I will leave the coding to you. For now, the system is to hard to add stuff to easily (modable). I assume you also do not have a git repo so others can work together?

So, don't want to loose my hours of searching for pics/vids: how can I share it with you? It was quite a bit of work, looking for faceless videos.
Just dump me the .webm ;)
Send me your github infos in MP for me to add u

Last edited:

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
I like this game, the original and also the modded version.

I didn't expect it to be that good, I mean it's really simple game but "addicting" and better in some ways than some AAA games :ROFLMAO:

The only problem is... when I play too much it starts to give plenty of errors (like it's saying "enough play for today" :LOL:).

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Ninoss HelotGames

Added lots of additions:

• One piece swimsuit. View attachment 1pswim.webp Includes default pics, exam pics, and which I didn't know how to incorporate. Maybe you could help me out or write a few lines in animations.py to include them?
  • Know issues: I'm not sure exactly what to do; when a girl is wearing only the 1pswim, you can still access her ass and vag as if there were no clothes there. I think the 1pswim should act like a panty and a bra, but I'm not sure how. I used Sexy Open Body as my template for 1pswim.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • Garter Socks (3 varieties). View attachment ribbon_garter.webp
  • Turtleneck sweater (outer clothes slot). View attachment tneck.webp
  • A couple of sexier variants of vanilla clothes. (tshirt, buttonup, hoodie) tanktop.webp
  • A couple of vids that I throught were sexier than what was in-game already.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • I wanted to add vids for strip_bra and strip_1p_swimsuit, but i really don't know how to go about it. Any Tips would be great!

Last edited:
Reactions: hotmike

neoridon

Jul 21, 2017
Very nice game HelotGames!

I've created a little cheat for the game with the RenPy Cheat Generator of Aziien

HelotGames: Please, let me know if you do not approve, and I will delete the post. - OR - if you prefer me to post it in the MODs sections to give more visibility to your game.

Download: View attachment neoCheat.rpy

Instructions:
  1. Place the neoCheat.rpy file in the Game folder (inside the ExaminationDay-0.1.2-pc folder).
  2. Once in the game press "k" and you will be able to change the Amount of Rounds and Requested Answer
* The cheat only works in a loaded/started game. Do not try it in the main menu because you will get an error.

neoCheat.png

HelotGames

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2022
Very nice game HelotGames!

I've created a little cheat for the game with the RenPy Cheat Generator of Aziien

HelotGames: Please, let me know if you do not approve, and I will delete the post. - OR - if you prefer me to post it in the MODs sections to give more visibility to your game.

Download: View attachment 1785875

Instructions:
  1. Place the neoCheat.rpy file in the Game folder (inside the ExaminationDay-0.1.2-pc folder).
  2. Once in the game press "k" and you will be able to change the Amount of Rounds and Requested Answer
* The cheat only works in a loaded/started game. Do not try it in the main menu because you will get an error.

View attachment 1785822
You're free to make any sorts of configs, cheats and/or mods :)

I'm more interested in the game being fun and..... Nice... for everyone involved, rather than having complete ownership and dictating other people's fun.

Cheers :)

4.20 star(s) 23 Votes