excessm new games YUMESAM/ HAGOKORO

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I had no idea I'd get such a toxic response after sharing, which was really disappointing to see.
Let me clarify: humor is rough in this neck of the woods. Don't take it at heart - 1st, many lurkers thank you (probably - they're called lurkers for a reason), 2nd, Decker stated the main qualms (see below).

Do as you will, but you're not unwelcome here (I think?) - it's just that we have very good reasons to be wary about Patreon. Cloud Swamps or Monmusu Island Prolick as prime examples.
1. [Excess M's] personal thanks for the translation.
You should really, really make an TNReadme.txt with that written down, so as to clarify. I was a bit shocked to see that, as I thought it was an initiative of your own.
2. The translation does not break the game
decker2 I think that's on excessM, if you mean the missing missions and the broken, unresponsive buttons that pop up (talk around town, missions that should be there but aren't, blacksmith, etc.).
I'll need to look into some stuff between brackets that should have been left in Jap... maybe? but if you try the original version, including in Japanese, you'll notice the same bugs.
edit: missing names, like the item shop sometimes, are on the translation, though.

3. The translation is made to be as accurate as possible to the Japanese text.
other translations may leave stuff out maybe, but when I translate something, I keep everything in and as accurate as possible.
Actually, I'd be against that. It's 97% impossible to get proper English sticking too close to the original language. It'd be like translating a French daddy joke or a Mexican joke about Spanish tortillas - you'd need to convey the idea precisely, not the original words used.

Last edited:

Giratena

Mar 11, 2018
Thanks for explaining all that. Again I'm not used to this kind of community so I appreciate it very much.

That is a good point. In hindsight I should have made that clearer. I talked in depth on Ulmf and on patreon how Excess M's help was indispensable to the accuracy of the translation, but never thought to mention it on here. I'll update the patreon post with that information. Thanks!

And yes, you're absolutely right. When translating Japanese, it's important not to just directly translate the meaning of a sentence, you also need to translate for sentence feeling and context. This is actually why machine translations suck at translating Japanese, because in most cases the sentences need to be rewritten for context and emotional feeling, as well as other things haha

Last edited:

Doko56

Oct 18, 2018
Decker really be out there going "How dare you make a translation for people to use" and thinking everyone with a patreon is a scammer. Ok buddy.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Decker really be out there going "How dare you make a translation for people to use" and thinking everyone with a patreon is a scammer. Ok buddy.
i was just wondering why he would translate a buggy demo
(he also put in a patreon link...)

Doko56

Oct 18, 2018
i was just wondering why he would translate a buggy demo
(he also put in a patreon link...)
Because it's a little side project they did while working on another (full) translation? If you had bothered to click the patreon link you'd have seen the words "side translation" pretty much immediately.
You'd have also seen that's it's 100% free, and not locked behind actually subscribing to said patreon. Would you have prefered he put it on a slow as hell download site like uploaded, or one that just *loves* to delete h-game files like Mega?
can we just pretend that part didn't happen?
it'd be unfortunate to prolong any potential inflammation.
I'm sorry but no! When someone like Giratena, who keeps pumping out some seriously high quality translations for succubus senki and still finds the time to do cool side stuff like this gets toxic as hell responses for the terrible crime of just sharing their side stuff, people are gonna be upset.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
for the terrible crime of just sharing their side stuff, people are gonna be upset.
Nah, people get upset because, since the github is linked to a Patreon, any and all potential help/proofreading/refinement of said translation, in the github for example, would 100% be free labor towards the benefits of a single person.

That clarified, yup it's nice to show back to Japanese devs some well-deserved love. Aaand it's not like there are hundreds of potential helpers either, nor is Giratena begging for help/support AFAIK.

All things considered, the only thing that matters in the end is translation quality. Anything that goes towards that goal should be encouraged - while upholding the proper etiquette, of course.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Nah, people get upset because, since the github is linked to a Patreon,
putting in a patreon link is enough promotion to get me triggered:cautious:

anyway since the direct download of the demo keeps getting reset i just up it on mega

Giratena

Mar 11, 2018
Nah, people get upset because, since the github is linked to a Patreon, any and all potential help/proofreading/refinement of said translation, in the github for example, would 100% be free labor towards the benefits of a single person.
I don't want to re-tread this topic because it's upsetting to me, but I do want to point out that I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about because the GitHub is not linked to patreon. Both the succubus senki and hagokoro translation is open source, so if one person edits it, everyone should benefit and be able to see that change.

Again, to everyone who has been enjoying the translation-- You're very welcome and thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

Heyo, just wanted to bring this here and say I tried to attempt a manual translation of the game for everyone. It should be a few steps up from the already present machine translation.

Hope you all enjoy ^^;

Installation is pretty easy, but I did include instructions just in case. You'll also need the latest demo itself from cien or somewhere else.
Thank you so much for making this free translation for the community! This is the kind of good will that gives me hope in humanity.