4.60 star(s) 91 Votes

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
I get your point however the built in choices allow you to remove those parts as per the players determination. Given that is an option the need to remove it at the start seems moot.
and that's usually the best approach, because I for example not a fan of gay stuff, I usually don't engage with that because that's not my thing.... but after seeing Tahir and interacting with him I though he was actually kinda cute...and not only in the looks but his personality was quite charming, and the combination of those factors made me actually commit to him as my main love interest and now Im a massive Tahir simp, now, if I had the option to avoid all gay stuff in the beginning of the game I would miss an incredible journey with a great character. So that's why I believe the best way is having the option to choose in a case by case basis.

Also people who want the option at the beginning of the game usually want that because they are afraid they might choose poorly and end up seeing something they don't like, but that should not be an issue because all games are usually pretty clear when you are choosing a non straight option, so the only way you might choose wrong is if you skip the text and all the context just to get quickly to the sexy bits and those people are the scum of the earth and don't deserve to be catered at when designing a game :)

GroupSession

Sep 28, 2021
I saw this game in someone's signature and looked for it, and in the reviews I read that you can avoid gay content, which apparently is true, but when playing it seemed to me that this was the focus of the game.

Playing the game I felt like the goal was to try not to be gay, pretty much every "choice" is about being gay or not.

I know there are people here who like this, but it's not for me, what I expected when downloading the game was to have an "option" where I could disable gay content, and it would let me play the game in a heterosexual way, many games do that, give you the option to "hide" content that you don't want to see, in the "choices" of this game you've already done that, why not create a variable to disable it completely instead of having to do it in almost every scene?

I won't put this opinion of mine in the reviews because I played very little of the game, enough that I didn't want to see more, and it's possible that the focus of the game is really gay content, if that's the case, so I was the one who chose the wrong game.

But here's a tip for the developer, adding an option to disable certain content worked very well in other games, you could offer this here and it would increase the audience of your games.

I know no one likes criticism, but see my opinion as constructive criticism.
Good idea. Then nobody can complain about a certain content unless they specifically chose to see it.

Reactions: hisstoryman

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
I saw this game in someone's signature and looked for it, and in the reviews I read that you can avoid gay content, which apparently is true, but when playing it seemed to me that this was the focus of the game.

Playing the game I felt like the goal was to try not to be gay, pretty much every "choice" is about being gay or not.

I know there are people here who like this, but it's not for me, what I expected when downloading the game was to have an "option" where I could disable gay content, and it would let me play the game in a heterosexual way, many games do that, give you the option to "hide" content that you don't want to see, in the "choices" of this game you've already done that, why not create a variable to disable it completely instead of having to do it in almost every scene?

I won't put this opinion of mine in the reviews because I played very little of the game, enough that I didn't want to see more, and it's possible that the focus of the game is really gay content, if that's the case, so I was the one who chose the wrong game.

But here's a tip for the developer, adding an option to disable certain content worked very well in other games, you could offer this here and it would increase the audience of your games.

I know no one likes criticism, but see my opinion as constructive criticism.
You were respectful with your words, so I'll give you the same courtesy. I don't see how it would benefit the game and author to 'disable' content. Not only (in my poor knowledge) it would require extra scripting and rework, but why would you want this if you already have the choice to say yay or nay?
You're not forced to sleep with Tahir or anyone you don't like, you simply can ignore it. Part of what I found fascinating about the game is how MC deals with the people he has rejected if he's not interested: The interactions make everything look more relatable and human.

There are so many games here in this site where you can disable certain stuff you don't like. I personally wouldn't like the author to change their unique style just because a really small minority don't wanna have to deal with Tahir's content (When, again, you can just choose to not be interested in it).

Besides, maybe a bit off topic, but I've seen other devs changing things because they tried to 'please' a vocal minority or because they tried to 'gain more audience', but their decisions ended up biting them in the ass because they already had a loyal community who was invested in what they've already created. Some people might already know about the recent scandal with 'Free Pass' and how the dev comepletely rebooted and changed the original story. What happened? The dev is going back to the original story because her loyal fans didn't like the chances, turns out dev listened to a small minority who wanted changes and introduced changes she thought 'everyone liked'. Yeah, that didn't work out.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
F95 rules:
Rule 1: 3 months of silence = marked abandoned.
Rule 2: 18 months of no game update = marked abandoned regardless of the developers posts.

Timepants is pretty talkative so rule 1 is not applied.
Its been 13 months and the last time I checked 13 is less than 18 so rule 2 is not applied.

Conclusion: Not abandoned.

Thank you for calling F95 customer help support. Have a nice day.

monk456

Apr 3, 2018
Nobody was asking the dev to change anything though. Simply providing an option to hide certain choices is not the same as trying to get the dev to change the story or dev time/effort into something else. I think the dev should stick to their vision no matter what it is but I dont think giving more options is ever a bad thing especially if adding it is low effort.

If you get curious and want the gay content then you can simply go back to the preferences and enable it again.
I get what you're saying, but the fact that everything in the game is optional would make your suggestion redundant, if you don't wanna see anything gay, don't pick those options. Besides, most characters in this game have at least two paths, so hiding stuff based on preferences/settings would add quite a bit of work for the dev

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I mean by rejecting Tahir and not picking the clearly gay sex options you’re essentially disabling his content. But rather than just simply excising interaction with him from the game with a disable switch I want you to actually make the choice. And Tahir reacts accordingly rather than simply never interacting with you. Like if I’m real life you had a gay friend who was into you and you made it clear you weren’t interested rather than simply ignoring them entirely. I treat the characters like real people with their own agency. Not sex bots that only serve as wank material without any actual plot or story arc of their own. And rejecting Tahir will change his character trajectory. If I simply disabled all interactions he’d just kind of be there in the background. The OP said he hadn’t played much at all though so I assume he got introduced to Tahir, saw the “not interested” option and immediately decided the whole thing was some sort of cat and mouse gay conversion game. I wonder if he met kadijah. Or if the poisoning plot is somehow a choice between being gay or not.

Last edited:

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
If I simply disabled all interactions he’d just kind of be there in the background. The OP said he hadn’t played much at all though so I assume he got introduced to Tahir, saw the “not interested” option and immediately decided the whole thing was some sort of cat and mouse gay conversion game. I wonder if he met kadijah. Or if the poisoning plot is somehow a choice between being gay or not.
I've noticed that some people who play the games on this site seem to have a complete inability to use common sense and pick choices that are obviously there to reject a LI and instead need a walk through mod to tell them what choice to pick or they end up like this:

6md7q8.jpg

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
I've noticed that some people who play the games on this site seem to have a complete inability to use common sense and pick choices that are obviously there to reject a LI and instead need a walk through mod to tell them what choice to pick or they end up like this:

View attachment 1918559
It's so true. There is a lot of idiots on here, I mean a lot. I don't know if their instant gratification hormones are over loading their brains or their assholes or what. But yes, you are correct, but that can be said about many of the humans these days.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017

View attachment 1918559
God, this so much on this freaking website

I have to mention a bit different example: I, someone who hates NTR follow a game in which all extremely, i mean extremely obviously bad end options and paths result in some very graphic NTR scenes since it does have fans and the author themself enjoy making those scenes too which i don't mind or rather care since they are completely optional

And yet other NTR haters constantly trigger them and 4/5 of that game's thread are just endless NTR debates while i just facepalm at it and i enjoy my regular game path which features none of it but instead tons of titties and ass

I also follow completely linear VN games and people demand fully completed saves and detailed walkthoughts too
Like i can understand wanting a save from the previous version if your own save was wiped out but a full one, including the new content for a linear VN with no option to roll back?

I sometimes think half of them are just people shitposting and making fun of the other half ... i hope so at least

Jo0obin

Aug 18, 2018
Has anyone used one of the android downloads? I couldn't figure out how to run the anonfiles one and the workupload one can run, but asks for all file access and I dont know why.

LucioLupo

Aug 14, 2021
I had the impression that this game is a bit more developed on the gay (femboy more than gay) side, like the writing is better etc.

However overall the script is exceptional so it's actually a very good narrative choice.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I had the impression that this game is a bit more developed on the gay (femboy more than gay) side, like the writing is better etc.

However overall the script is exceptional so it's actually a very good narrative choice.
Thanks. A lot of people just assume it's a "gay game" because it has gay content that's well thought out and developed. I put the same amount of effort into all the characters though. I want people of all orientations to be able to play the game and think they had a well done romance and story. It's just some people see any hints of a gay character and immediately write it off. I'm usually subjected to people's idea that by having literally have the cast of main love interests be female and half of them be male, somehow the game is 100% gay for some reason. Apparently the only way to not have a gay game is if 99% of the relationships are straight and then maybe have 1% be hinted at as gay. Then it will be "even" in their eyes.

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Thanks. A lot of people just assume it's a "gay game" because it has gay content that's well thought out and developed. I put the same amount of effort into all the characters though. I want people of all orientations to be able to play the game and think they had a well done romance and story. It's just some people see any hints of a gay character and immediately write it off. I'm usually subjected to people's idea that by having literally have the cast of main love interests be female and half of them be male, somehow the game is 100% gay for some reason. Apparently the only way to not have a gay game is if 99% of the relationships are straight and then maybe have 1% be hinted at as gay. Then it will be "even" in their eyes.
As long as we finally get more scenes with Aislinn in the next update you can add as many gay scenes as you want. :BootyTime:

Reactions: monk456
4.60 star(s) 91 Votes