4.60 star(s) 91 Votes

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
Whereas Tahir and Astrid have just sort of become my default love interests simply by virtue of being so damned sincere.
Absolutely this, I still go for every route but Tahir is my main one because of how honest he is, and with the shared past he has with the MC it just makes sense.

Though I think Kadijah gets it a bit worse than she deserves, she's pretty nice when you get her to open up, and you kinda have to respect how she won't let anything get in the way of what she wants, the unfortunate (or maybe fortunate?) side effect being we get caught up in it.

Reactions: Sbren and timepants

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Absolutely this, I still go for every route but Tahir is my main one because of how honest he is, and with the shared past he has with the MC it just makes sense.

Though I think Kadijah gets it a bit worse than she deserves, she's pretty nice when you get her to open up, and you kinda have to respect how she won't let anything get in the way of what she wants, the unfortunate (or maybe fortunate?) side effect being we get caught up in it.
Allow me to repost an old conversation

Oh god, I hope that Tahir and Astrid won't be jealous of each other. If only I could compartmentalize my relationships.

Ashur: Tahir, you're the only guy for me!

Tahir: Well, what about this muscle slut?!
Astrid: Bitch, what the fuck did you say?

Ashur: You're my BOYFRIEND, and she's my GIRLFRIEND.

Tahir: Hmmm
Astrid: Hmmmmm

Tahir and Astrid: Well, what the hell is Khadijah to you?!
Ashur: Side bitch :D
Next morning:

Fishermen found a body floating in the river outside the city. Investigators say they believe the young man fall into a open sewer grate, broke his neck and his body was carried by the current until the river. :devilish: :LOL:

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
Allow me to repost an old conversation
Hey now, there's no cheating in the saves I use for the routes, the MCs life is already in enough risk as it is.
As for that one save where I slut around... sleeping with one eye open might be a wise choice.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Though I think Kadijah gets it a bit worse than she deserves, she's pretty nice when you get her to open up
Oh, I'd agree - but she runs into the problem that most tsunderes run into when there's choice involved. Namely, when your first impression of someone is "Wow, what an asshole", you may never have the motivation to ever get past their exterior. When there are already way friendlier or affectionate options pretty much throwing themselves at you, why bother to keep trying to headbutt your way through the wall in the hopes that there's something better on the other side?

Obviously players who are going out of their way to do multiple runs to try and experience every possible scenario and going to go out of their way to see what she has to offer, but players who are mostly only sticking to one run - or mainly just trying to do a run where they react naturally the way they would if they were in the MC's shoes - are likely to pass on her in favor of other options.

Kadijah is basically introduced having a very strong agenda (understandable), trying to use sex appeal as a weapon (understandable), to rope you into killing someone you have no real quarrel against (and where you will be in the absolute deepest of shit if things go wrong). And then tries to essentially force you into becoming an unwilling accomplice anyway even if you tell her no. From the player's perspective her motives are relatively noble and her actions are potentially forgivable, but from the MC's perspective, there are a ton of reasons to distrust her and nope the fuck out.

Later on she starts to mellow out a bit, but by then I'm already cuddling with Tahir and domming Astrid (and mourning Abel), and hoping that doesn't turn into a mess later on. Ain't got no time for high-maintenance princesses!

I'm not adverse to side-flings, but when there's choice involved, I know who I'm picking.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Kadijah is basically introduced having a very strong agenda (understandable), trying to use sex appeal as a weapon (understandable), to rope you into killing someone you have no real quarrel against (and where you will be in the absolute deepest of shit if things go wrong).
She's introduced, when the game starts out with a sex scene and your very first choice is between having her as a friend or a lover... Idk, this seems like a big clue that she's not all bad. This could even be considered as spoiling the fact that she's actually pretty nice.
She's also not only nice to look at, she's pretty attractive all around. She's intelligent and capable, mysterious, has strong convictions, humour and virtues. And the next thing you know her tough exterior cracks in the cutest way by telling her a mildly sad story about a cat.

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
I'm not adverse to side-flings, but when there's choice involved, I know who I'm picking.
To be honest, you probably described most of the problems people have with her, and I do wonder if there was a better way of introducing her to players that want to stick to one route.

What keeps me interested is the fact that we basically meet her while she's in the middle of planning a very big move and, besides those small moments, probably doesn't care to get too attached.
Now I want to see what she's like when she's not trying to kill a sultan and planning an escape.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Will there be "another" transgender female?
This is the list of love interests Timepants posted before.
Love interests:
1. Tahir
2. Astrid
3. Kadijah
4. Aislinn
5. Zilv
6. Sonya
7. Egyptrap
8. Secret/it’s complicated…
So there may be a chance with Sonya and Secret character between the love interests.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Probably, dicks are kind of a theme in this game.......

Wasn't Silence supposed to be a LI as well or am I misremembering again?
People constantly beg me to make her one but it’s not really the story I have mapped out for her. You will have some romance options with her but obviously the people she’s aligned with sort of makes a full blown romance/love interest arc difficultl.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
People constantly beg me to make her one but it’s not really the story I have mapped out for her. You will have some romance options with her but obviously the people she’s aligned with sort of makes a full blown romance/love interest arc difficultl.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, my memory is the butt of jokes in the goldfish community....

4.60 star(s) 91 Votes