VN Ren'Py Expectations [v0.40] [PTOLEMY]

3.30 star(s) 6 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress report

Hey

Almost there.

I think I said before, this update will be focused on Victoria.

Someone asked if you'll be able to name save games, so that people can keep track of which path they're on. That's what I'm working on right now. Not a coder, so mixed results so far :). But hoping to get it done this weekend.

After that it will be post work and some dialogue stuff.

All in all, the update should be done around the middle of next week.

See you then.

Best regards

Ptolemy

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: LizaS

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
He might have experience creating these games, but none in telling a captivating story. I felt like reading a conversation between mindless zombies while reading this one.
No one here will be disappointed if you decide to play some other game. I believe there a few around that have NOT been created by Prolemy.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Announcement from the developer at Patreon:

Release will be tomorrow

Hey

Don't know what I'm writing this, actually.

Probably just excided to have finally suceeded in the naming saves thing. Kicked my ass during the weekend. Couldn't get it done. But I finally got it done now. Just tested it and it works :D

Big thanks to Pubby for pointing me to the right documentation.

Anyway, everything else is done. That was the delay. Tomorrow afternoon I'll compile it all and make the upload.

Best regards

Ptolemy

Reactions: ucu32167

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Just started, the Dad is... interesting, best haircut ever, strange face but i like his way of thinking !
I just hope the MC will have some spine and not be the usual pushover.

Edit : After 5 minutes i encouter Charlotte and i'm already in love with her, it's a good sign!!

Last edited:

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
But I’m proud to say that I’ve completed TWO games already, DREAMING OF DANA, and LIFE WITH MARY
Dreaming of dana, yes, but life with Mary, no. (unless PTOLEMY = likesblondes) 1691319184155.png 1691319184155.png
if PTOLEMY helped/assisted/or took over in developing, it then he/she should state that, rather try to take full credit for it

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Dreaming of dana, yes, but life with Mary, no. (unless PTOLEMY = likesblondes) View attachment 2830964 View attachment 2830964
if PTOLEMY helped/assisted/or took over in developing, it then he/she should state that, rather try to take full credit for it
There is a team consisting of (at least) Likes Blondes, Ptolemy and Viitgames, who collaborate/have collaborated on a number of games under those separate names. I'm not sure that Ptolemy was in on Life with Mary though. From what I remember, he was the one who came in and peeled off Viit and another developer to create Haley's Story. But, if you look at the code for all these games, you will find amazing similarities in how they are all coded, including image naming-conventions, character building, coding conventions, etc. They also reuse the same models.

In other words, Likes Blondes is a team, as is Viitgames. Ptolemy does seem to work on games by himself, but again, there are so many similarities to those other developers.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Expectations-0.10
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Dreaming of Dana was the first complete incest game I ever played, and one I have really fond memories of; I also completed Life with Mary and remember my mixed feelings when I wrote my review; I never played Alexandra though due to the previous bad experience with LwM and its looking outdated to me.

That being said, I believe it's time for Ptolemy to up his game. The looks of the previews are decent, but in 2023 and with all the experience he has I believe he should be a bit more ambitious. Instead of working on 5 games at the same time (as stated in the OP), he should focus on improving the quality of what he makes, and perhaps that way he wouldn't have lost half the patrons that he had in the last couple of years.

3.30 star(s) 6 Votes