2.90 star(s) 7 Votes

Rekka_X

Feb 13, 2020
This is relative to Nw.js, which is the engine of the game (i.e. )

First of all, this is just a "warning"; so it's a bit annoying but it doesn't really matter when you are playing the game.

Now for the origin of this message:

By default, RPG Maker MV (and MZ) games use Nw.js for their engine. And, by default this application stores some internal data (they are not relative to the game itself nor to your game save files, just "internal") in specific directories:
- both in %LOCALAPPDATA%\nwjs
- and in %LOCALAPPDATA%\User Data.

The problem is that RPG maker MV (and eventually MZ, but in a lesser way) uses a very old version of Nw.js. Which is really problematic for some displays, for rendering movies, and so on ...

So some game programmers (for instance for this game: https://f95zone.to/threads/peasants-quest-v2-51-tinkerer.1717/) use a more recent version of Nw.js for their game.

And, as by default the directories for these internal data are usually the same for all these games, there may have some "incompatibilities" when different versions of Nw.js (RPG Maker engine) are used on the same computer. The older ones complain when they detect more recent internal data that they don't support; this is the origin of your warning message.

How to fix it:

You can delete both the "nwjs" and "User Data" sudirectories inside your %LOCALAPPDATA% directory before starting the game: be VERY VERY CAUTIOUS with that. Data inside %LOCALAPPDATA% are extremely important for Windows and all the programs installed on your computer: messing incorrectly with them could load to a very big problem (or worse !). You've been warned.

These internal data (and these 2 subdirectories) are re-created automatically when a RPG Maker game is started, so it's not a problem for deleting them.

Of course, the next time that you'll start a RPG Maker game with a recent version of Nw.js and then a RPG Maker game with an old/standard one, you'll get again this warning.

To fix it more definitively, the solution is to store these data in different subdirectories, in order new ones don't interfere with old ones. At least for games with a more recent version of Nw.js; as they are much less frequent than old/standard ones.

This is done via the "package.json" file which is present in the main directory of the RPG Maker game. It's a text file which can be edited with any text editor (NOT with a word processor): even the Windows notepad should be OK.

The entry to modify in this text file is the "name" field: usually it's blank (i.e. "name": ""), so it means that the above by-default subdirectories are used. But, if you specify a name here, a specific subdirectory with this name will be created and used in %LOCALAPPDATA% .

Use only basic alphanumeric characters for this name, as "non-standard" characters are not supported: see .

For instance, if you modify the name field as this:
JSON:
{
    "name": "anewname_forthisgame",
The internal Nw.js data for this game will be stored/used in the "anewname_forthisgame" subdirectory of the %LOCALAPPDATA% directory; and not by the other RPG Maker games. This way, no more interferences and no more any warning message ...

Of course, it would be even better if the game programmer do the modification himself; at least for the ones using a more recent version of Nw.js. You could eventully introduce a request to them in order they do it by themselves, to avoid this warning message on users' computer.

A final word: if all of this looks too complicated, just ignore the warning message.
My brain goes Poof... I can't comprehanded what you're trying to explain, BUT... Thank you for explaining!:HideThePain:(y)

pcnop

Jun 26, 2018
My brain goes Poof... I can't comprehanded what you're trying to explain, BUT... Thank you for explaining!:HideThePain:(y)
Sorry ...

As this warning message is not specific to you nor to this game, I've tried to make a detailed answer in order it can serve to somebody else too. Furthermore, I guess it will be more and more frequent in the future (the version of Nw.js coming by default with RPG Maker games is really outdated, indeed).

Well, you now know that it's only a warning message and that you can just ignore it: that's the more important.

ABDLfan

Mar 11, 2020
Here's the map that i screen-shot. I did some teleport connecting points in the floor 4 (there are still some points that i didn't mark but still ok). Hope it can help someone out there. Thank you Bluefox23 for helping me completing B4 map because it's really helpful. ^^
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
How to get 16?

ABDLfan

Mar 11, 2020
16395871230084987861753920048399.jpg How do I get the goblins scenes ... What direction I should take?

B3 to B4 but where?

Directions please?

Pedro Soares

Jan 24, 2022
there is a place I can't go to complete the missions that are "defeat the unicorn" and "behind the seal...", I spent a lot of time looking and finding out what I have to do, can you help me?

drakosdz1

Jul 28, 2022
Here is a 100% save including DLC all unlocked! All Monster Encyclopedia unlocked! You can use the save file and put all powerful equipment into storage and start a new game from the Blue Crystal at the Tavern if you like!
tks u so much, im so lazy and dont have much time to play. :love:

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
like the story itself? or is it full of bugs?
or translation is bad?
or lack of content?

what makes it very bad mate?
None of those, the game is great. It's not a game you can fap at though, it's more a dungeon scrolling rpg, and a good one.

2.90 star(s) 7 Votes