PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
The problem with restarting map/sandbox games is that they are often the most grindy games - make money, buy inventory, score points with npc's, etc. So, when the developer has come up with half-a-dozen releases which force a restart, who wants to? I point to Dreaming of Dana and Max's Life as two games, whose developers have managed to write such games without forcing restarts with each release. Personally, I drop grindy games that force restarts too late in the release cycle, regardless of how much I might like them. I don't play Teachers' Pets or Summertime Saga any more (and have dropped support) for that very reason. I have too many other games to play (I have a queue of about 30 releases to get to) to waste time restarting games and redoing grinds.

I cut F.I.L.F. some slack, since the engine was just changed, and there are obviously some growing pains with that. That, and the developer has produced good product in the past. My patience, though, is not unlimited.
One thing about restarting games that use the Renpy engine, is that you can skip/fast forward the text for the stuff you've already seen and that cuts down the time it takes to get to the new stuff a lot.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
PhoenixFirefly, that's all well and good, but this game, for example, has each day broken up into 4 time periods, which involves several clicks. Plus, you have to remember what you did last time from a game you played a month ago, or have written down your own script. Then, some developers of this kind of game like to add mini-games of various shades of interest and difficulty. Some of them are truly maddening to have to replay each time a developer decides to have us restart. Nuts to that. My Cute Cousin, is an example. If the developer of that game ever forces me to restart, I just won't.

If you like to do the replays every time, whether required or not (and many do), more power to you. I just don't have the time. Cheats help, if you know how to use them, and are careful - you can wind up breaking things. I just think there are too many good games out there that don't requite repetition.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Okay, finished this release. Not a lot of content, but the game still looks very interesting, and I'm looking forward to the next release. Be sure to check out Sam's phone messages between her and Courtney, after MC has visited her twice at night. Amusing stuff.

Off to play Max's Life and My Best Friends Family, etc. Till next month. Bye!

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
mmh.. i´m stuck with Aunt. 1st and disguise visit done. But now she is pissed of. What comes next?

Moe1998

Nov 11, 2017
yo how do i get my vip card back the aunt took it and when i go to her house her room door is locked?

3.90 star(s) 103 Votes