Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
1: A way to import/export the games list from the GUI (So you don't have to dig it out of the config file)
at some point for sure
2: A new toggle to let the list sort when you add a new game.
when i get to making the sorting work ill see what i can do
3: A way to ONLY refresh the data of newly added games. (Basically only fetch data for games that currently have no data saved at all)
idk about that, we'll see
- Instead of using that giant section for refresh, you could have it show the game's banner image?
wanted to keep this small and lightweight, so images are out of the question imo
- A status column would be great to show games on our list that are completed, on hold, abandoned..etc.
at some point for sure
- Instead of having multiple buttons for the browser, have the user specify the browser they use.
wdym?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
The new design looks great!
ty, btw it will be fully customizable: background color, alternating background color, accent color, button hover color, button border color and also corner radius for all items (in that vid its set to the max i could achieve universally, so you could hve it like that or lower or even off and have squared edges everywhere)

SmurfyBlue

Ex Patch Maker
Aug 6, 2016
ty, btw it will be fully customizable: background color, alternating background color, accent color, button hover color, button border color and also corner radius for all items (in that vid its set to the max i could achieve universally, so you could hve it like that or lower or even off and have squared edges everywhere)
Oooh. Interesting! I'm pretty boring tho, so except for changing blue into red (making it resemble the default f95 skin a little more) I probably wont change TOO much about it.

Btw, did you have a change to look at the code I send you for the storing of the games list?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Oooh. Interesting! I'm pretty boring tho, so except for changing blue into red (making it resemble the default f95 skin a little more) I probably wont change TOO much about it.

Btw, did you have a change to look at the code I send you for the storing of the games list?
yea i did, already implemented it :D

Reactions: SmurfyBlue

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
There's a button for each web browser which IMO is a waste of UI space. Instead you could make it so the user select their browser so there's only the one button.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
There's a button for each web browser which IMO is a waste of UI space. Instead you could make it so the user select their browser so there's only the one button.
ah i get what you mean... meh its not that big of an issue right now imo, if i add other options and stuff becomes quite cluttered ill change it for a combobox like the sorting one

bitogno

May 9, 2018
Hi,
First, good job. This tool is really useful and quite easy to use.

Would it be possible to add more information on the games/collections/... (from the webpage like tags, engine, type, dev/artist and from the user like a mark for the game and whether or not you've played the game until the end).

If you need help for something, you can ask :)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi,
First, good job. This tool is really useful and quite easy to use.

Would it be possible to add more information on the games/collections/... (from the webpage like tags, engine, type, dev/artist and from the user like a mark for the game and whether or not you've played the game until the end).

If you need help for something, you can ask :)
Tags are definitely doable (you mean the genre section right?)
Idk about engine, cos it’s not it’s standalone section but rather a thread tag, might manually add engine types from thread tags but I’m not promising anything atm
Same goes for type, probs less likely to get added tbh but we’ll see
Dev/creator definitely doable
Finished checkboxes already requested and they’re coming

Ty btw

SiegfriedBauer1212

Jan 10, 2018
I do get this file and to be honest, i have no idea what to do now in order to get those assets. I tried installing the 3.8 python, i tried 3.8.5 and the current 3.9 and also that microsot thing that was mentioned if it still isn't working. So i don't know what to do.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I do get this file and to be honest, i have no idea what to do now in order to get those assets. I tried installing the 3.8 python, i tried 3.8.5 and the current 3.9 and also that microsot thing that was mentioned if it still isn't working. So i don't know what to do.
try running these commands in an admin command prompt:
Code:
pip install requests
pip install bs4
pip install numpy
pip install Pillow
pip install pystray
and if that doesnt work try the same commands but with pip3 instead of pip

Reactions: SiegfriedBauer1212

itslydiabxtch

Aug 4, 2019
I reset my PC the other day and the install of the tool doesn't work anymore.

Processing c:\users\deadr\downloads\f95checkerv6.9h1\assets\win10toast
Collecting requests
Using cached requests-2.24.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (61 kB)
Collecting bs4
Using cached bs4-0.0.1.tar.gz (1.1 kB)
Collecting numpy
Using cached numpy-1.19.2.zip (7.3 MB)
Installing build dependencies: started
Installing build dependencies: finished with status 'done'
Getting requirements to build wheel: started
Getting requirements to build wheel: finished with status 'done'
Preparing wheel metadata: started
Preparing wheel metadata: finished with status 'error'

EDIT: Downgraded to Python 3.8, works fine now.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyJL

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but you did extract the contents from the file, right?

bitogno

May 9, 2018
Tags are definitely doable (you mean the genre section right?)
Idk about engine, cos it’s not it’s standalone section but rather a thread tag, might manually add engine types from thread tags but I’m not promising anything atm
Same goes for type, probs less likely to get added tbh but we’ll see
Dev/creator definitely doable
Finished checkboxes already requested and they’re coming

Ty btw
image.png

For example, in this image, the tags would be "3dcg, animated, ....
After checking, it's going to be hard to differentiate engine, game type, ... but just fetching them (as basically "super tags") should be doable.
For this example, you could have "normal tags" be "3dcg, ..." and "super tags" be "renpy, vn".

I'll try to implement something a bit later if you're interested.

bitogno

May 9, 2018
I read quickly part of the code and I have to say that it's hard to read. The code would benefit a lot from some refactoring to avoid functions taking multiple screens and avoid so many globals.

SiegfriedBauer1212

Jan 10, 2018
try running these commands in an admin command prompt:
Code:
pip install requests
pip install bs4
pip install numpy
pip install Pillow
pip install pystray
and if that doesnt work try the same commands but with pip3 instead of pip
I did try this but i still get an error while trying to install numpy. Something like this: "Preparing wheel metadata ... error" and many red code lines underneath. I did put them in a file attatched to this reply.

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but you did extract the contents from the file, right?
Yes sir, i did extract the contents before i asked for help.

Reactions: GrammerCop

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I read quickly part of the code and I have to say that it's hard to read. The code would benefit a lot from some refactoring to avoid functions taking multiple screens and avoid so many globals.
im aware of that, 7.0 is basically a full rewrite so should be somewhat readable by the time i release 7.0

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I did try this but i still get an error while trying to install numpy. Something like this: "Preparing wheel metadata ... error" and many red code lines underneath. I did put them in a file attatched to this reply.

Yes sir, i did extract the contents before i asked for help.
saw this in the error log
OSError: Cython needs to be installed in Python as a module
try running
pip install Cython
and then
pip install numpy

Reactions: SiegfriedBauer1212
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes