Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
any idea what might be causing this?
View attachment 2313253
It's the only one that shows like this, all the other updated games have the yellow icon...

EDIT: I know why the icon doesn't show (update == 0), but don't know why it ended up this way
was your (indirect) request to have them separated from installed markers...
it surely was there when the update came in, if it came in after you updated to a beta implementing the feature.
my best guess is you accidentally middle clicked on it, which clears it.
could also be that youre not on the latest beta, i was messing with how game information is synced to db to make it easier and less error prone, but i didnt get it right on the first build, so that might be it (although unlikely, looking at commits it seems proper since i added updated vars)

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
my best guess is you accidentally middle clicked on it, which clears it.
Ohhh???!!! :eek: damn.... I need to start reading more carefully or better said, mousehover more on elements. That one completely passed by without noticing. And given that I have one freakishly annoying cat that has on numerous occasions caused me to missclick, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Ohhh???!!! :eek: damn.... I need to start reading more carefully or better said, mousehover more on elements. That one completely passed by without noticing. And given that I have one freakishly annoying cat that has on numerous occasions caused me to missclick, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.
mistery solved then :D
yea it is a bit easy to trigger, but then again if it is untied from the installed checkbox it needs a way to remove / acknoiwledge the update marker, and middle click seemed the most appropriate considering how most other widgets act with mouse inputs

Crazy-San

Apr 3, 2020
So I'm sure this has been answered, but I wasn't able to find it. Will this tool let me know somehow if a game has an update? I know it won't download the update for me, but will the installed checkbox untick or anthing?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
So I'm sure this has been answered, but I wasn't able to find it. Will this tool let me know somehow if a game has an update? I know it won't download the update for me, but will the installed checkbox untick or anthing?
FAQ. yes, the main purpose of this tool is knowing when a game receives an update. you check updates by refreshing. when a refresh finds updates, it shows a popup with those updates, and the updated games will have their played checkbox unchecked and the installed checkbox half-set (if it was installed before, read more in FAQ) and also will have an update marker next to their name

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
isn't there a feature where you can just click and drag the game so it auto sets the exe path?
is it possible to have a window that appears on hover to explain that?
1674118111837.png

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
What does the quick filters option do? I cant figure it out.
you can hover the question marks
1674174191528.png
example: click on game type to filter by that type. a agme is completed? click on completed icon to add a filter by completed status...

fire2244

Nov 18, 2020
Sorry but I maybe needing some beginners help.

I just downloaded the linux version, added a game and clicked refresh. However the refresh rate seems to be stuck at 0%.

I'm running with ubuntu.
I added the game using its link

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019

I just downloaded the linux version, added a game and clicked refresh. However the refresh rate seems to be stuck at 0%.

I'm running with ubuntu.
how old of a ubuntu is it

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Hi Willy,
I have 1500 threads. I do rechecks daily and regularly. Is it madness or unnecessary to do a full rechecks or should I do it at a more or rarer frequency?

unroot

Aug 14, 2019

I'm running with ubuntu.
I would advice to try to start everything that's not working under linux through a terminal, sometime a program might say you outright what's wrong or at least give you a line you could google (other search engines allowed too).
F95Checker has two binaries, a normal one and a debug. I don't really know the differences, but starting F95Checker-debug via terminal is a good start to look for information. There may be even a log-file (again not sure in which cases those are generated)
It helps the dev (or other users that could help or have the same issue) if such information is added (Had my share of "not working" as a description of failure...).
Every OS is different, and sometimes even the next version of an OS is different (Example: Win7 vs. Win 8)

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I would advice to try to start everything that's not working under linux through a terminal, sometime a program might say you outright what's wrong or at least give you a line you could google (other search engines allowed too).
F95Checker has two binaries, a normal one and a debug. I don't really know the differences, but starting F95Checker-debug via terminal is a good start to look for information. There may be even a log-file (again not sure in which cases those are generated)
It helps the dev (or other users that could help or have the same issue) if such information is added (Had my share of "not working" as a description of failure...).
Every OS is different, and sometimes even the next version of an OS is different (Example: Win7 vs. Win 8)
difference is quite simple really! f95checker is coded in python, so some underlying code will try to log directly to console and i cannot override that, so making it log to file through python will not log everything, but having a console show all the time is not a good idea. so F95Checker will log to file, but might not log everything (especially critical logs are usually missed), while F95Checker-Debug will keep the console stream as normal, so the log file is ignored by the debug binary and everything shows in console as normal.

so yeah fire2244 try to start it in terminal using the F95Checker-Debug binary and see what output it gives. otherwise try to run a system update to like 22.04 or whatever

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi Willy,
I have 1500 threads. I do rechecks daily and regularly. Is it madness or unnecessary to do a full rechecks or should I do it at a more or rarer frequency?
full rechecks are done only to sync the game data. but that already happens automatically when a title change is detected, so game updates are mostly covered by that since game versions are in the title. however running full rechecks is useful for catching status changes (abandoned, completed), new download links, tag changes, changelog changes, description, and so on, you get the picture. so yeah running full rechecks should happen every so often regardless of title changes to keep game data relatively synced to the forum. however, there is no need to do it yourself! each game has its own timer of sorts, that when you run a *normal* refresh (just press the button) if it notices this game has not had a full recheck in longer than a week, then it will force a full check for it. so yes, what you are doing is over the top, and probably just stressing on the forum servers haha. just run normal refreshes and youll be fine. worst case scenario is you are 1 week late to knowing a game has been abandoned.

Reactions: GAB
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes