Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Hey, just found out about this today and have been using Game List for years at this point but there has been little to no communication with the dev there and bugs being an issue for years.

Would really love to replace GL with Checker, having a good time so far. Need some features for the power user though!
Missing my game file management/installing

https://f95zone.to/threads/9574/

Got some weird UI quirks that is fixable but that install feature is huge. I really dont want to manually navigate my thousands of game folders by hand and also map the exe file too it. I can accept it once as a first starter cost but on-going sounds a bit rough.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hey, just found out about this today and have been using Game List for years at this point but there has been little to no communication with the dev there and bugs being an issue for years.

Would really love to replace GL with Checker, having a good time so far. Need some features for the power user though!
Missing my game file management/installing

https://f95zone.to/threads/9574/

Got some weird UI quirks that is fixable but that install feature is huge. I really dont want to manually navigate my thousands of game folders by hand and also map the exe file too it. I can accept it once as a first starter cost but on-going sounds a bit rough.
If it sounds a bit rough as ongoing, then you’re seeing it wrong (at least in my eyes). Yes, the first struggle is there, setup the folders and select the EXEs, but then on each update what I do is: open download tab, middle click download link (I have Jdownloader in background that listens for copying f95zone mirrors), when download is done (Jdownloader also extracts by itself) I just middle click the play button in f95checker to open the folder, delete everything, double click in Jdownloader to open the extracted download, move files, then delete download from Jdownloader. The executable is still selected, it’s just a matter of setting up folders the first time, then each update it’s just “download, delete, move”. Anyway if that setup is still not good enough for you, as I replied on GitHub and mentioned in the FAQ, I am not going to add file management for f95checker, not having it is it’s sole reason for existing (as in me creating it). If you want to add it or commission someone else to do it, f95checker is fully open source, I’m not going to stop you, just saying that I am personally not going to do it or add it to my release of f95checker

hiropher

Jul 29, 2017
is anyone having trouble with the app? it doesnt refresh (always in 0%), and when i try to search a new thread, it says "Status; logging", and it freezes there...

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
is anyone having trouble with the app? it doesnt refresh (always in 0%), and when i try to search a new thread, it says "Status; logging", and it freezes there...
Try clearing cookies in sidebar or restarting the pc or rrestarting your router

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
Very simplistic and intuitive program. After typing my social security number and last three digits of my credit card registration went smoothly. I am now in process of making a coinbase account as per request. Later i am going to buy some google play cards and finish my registration in this software.
My PC slowed down a little and process btcmnr.exe eats some resources but i am sure it will be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: WillyJL and RPDL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
And manual additions? even easier, since you don't need to fetch websites databases.
That's my last question, i know the proposition of this tool is to make f95 easier to use and i don't want to bother you anymore
also FaceCrap , i remember you recently had an issue with a privated game. now available in latest build.

1673467916183.png

1673467932512.png

1673467946667.png

1673468192945.png

EDIT: forgot to mention the image, just right click the image space in the info popup to set a custom image (also for f95zone games) :D
1673471238730.png

Last edited:

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
I'm gonna leave the commands here in case anyone else needs them.

Executable: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Arguments: --profile-directory="Profile 1"

You can use Profile 2, 3, 4, etc. instead of "Profile 1" depending on what profile you wanna use. Btw your first profile is called "Default". Profile 1 is the second profile.

Reactions: WillyJL

IMNoob

Nov 19, 2016
How the hell did I miss that?

Kudos on this work my friend.

I noticed that viewing games in List Mode in the "Name" label we get the game name + version, shouldn't it be separated? or the "latest version" is checked compared to "Last Updated" ?

Sorry if it is a dumb question and not going into the code but just wondered why it is represented this way.
Plus if there are issues that you need help with, I can land a hand in my non existent free time on the weekend :).

(I'll visit the github repo tomorrow and have a looksie)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
How the hell did I miss that?

Kudos on this work my friend.

I noticed that viewing games in List Mode in the "Name" label we get the game name + version, shouldn't it be separated? or the "latest version" is checked compared to "Last Updated" ?

Sorry if it is a dumb question and not going into the code but just wondered why it is represented this way.
Plus if there are issues that you need help with, I can land a hand in my non existent free time on the weekend :).

(I'll visit the github repo tomorrow and have a looksie)
no real reason to sort by version, so being its own column isnt necessary. and if it were its own column, it would cause sizing issues since versions and names are usually the longest strings of text, so aligning them all would take up more space and leave lots of other empty space, so in my eyes its better this way. also the name column houses all the important information, like name, update icons, custom labels and (by default, but can be changed) status icons, so version fits in that category of important information of the game. but still can be disabled if you dont want to see it

EDIT: and before you ask about the developer names, well developer names are usually closer in average length, are usually less essential to see at a glance, and they actually make sense to sort by so they need their own column

Reactions: IMNoob

IMNoob

Nov 19, 2016
no real reason to sort by version, so being its own column isnt necessary. and if it were its own column, it would cause sizing issues since versions and names are usually the longest strings of text, so aligning them all would take up more space and leave lots of other empty space, so in my eyes its better this way. also the name column houses all the important information, like name, update icons, custom labels and (by default, but can be changed) status icons, so version fits in that category of important information of the game. but still can be disabled if you dont want to see it

EDIT: and before you ask about the developer names, well developer names are usually closer in average length, are usually less essential to see at a glance, and they actually make sense to sort by so they need their own column
Seems reasonable.
Probably because I don't really see all the icons is probably why I thought it was a bit "empty" or "not connected".

This is probably one of the best finds I ever had in f95, and I've been around for long (maybe not in commenting and sorts bit in spirituality :))

• Red Heart
Nov 28, 2019
From one of the last versions 7 until around 9.8 or 9.9 I got the same error as Brine_Basilisk posted here, then, for reasons unknown to me it started working again. Unfortunately trhat changed three or four betas ago and the popup followed by a crash is back. Using any final 9er or 10er that used to work before does not anymore. I backed up my F95Checker program and roaming folder, looked for every F95Checker related fike my system via Everything search and deleted everything, then cleared all caches. Still: Error persists, even with a completely fresh program.

Screenshot_20230114_121915.jpg

"cx_Freeze: Python error in main script" leading to the grand finale of (translated from German) "OSError: [Winerror 1326] The username or password is incorrect: "V:\\"

My F95Checker is on drive D:, in a folder accessible by all users, no special permissions necessary. I am not a developer, but from what little I was able to understand googling for "winerror 1326", there seems to be an issue with a different user is being used to access functions and/or temporary modules (ramdrives ??). The system thinks the last user logged off and requests the same login credentials from the new one... probably sounds quite stupid to someone who actually understands Python, but I thought I'd mention my understanding anyway. Hope ir didn't hurt reading it :D.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
any idea what might be causing this?
1673797495964.png
It's the only one that shows like this, all the other updated games have the yellow icon...

EDIT: I know why the icon doesn't show (update == 0), but don't know why it ended up this way

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
not working for me View attachment 2310471
what can I do ?
i can already tell from the button text that your system language is not english, and so probably also yours isnt. Qt can have issues with non-ascii characters in the path to the application, so if your username contains non-ascii characters (anything other than english alphabet, even accent letters are non-ascii) and you put f95checker on the desktop it becomes C:\Users\Non-Ascii-Characters\Desktop\F95Checker. Also spaces can cause issues in some rare cases. Try putting the tool in C:\F95Checker. or in another drive

Reactions: sss121

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
From one of the last versions 7 until around 9.8 or 9.9 I got the same error as Brine_Basilisk posted here, then, for reasons unknown to me it started working again. Unfortunately trhat changed three or four betas ago and the popup followed by a crash is back. Using any final 9er or 10er that used to work before does not anymore. I backed up my F95Checker program and roaming folder, looked for every F95Checker related fike my system via Everything search and deleted everything, then cleared all caches. Still: Error persists, even with a completely fresh program.

View attachment 2310496

"cx_Freeze: Python error in main script" leading to the grand finale of (translated from German) "OSError: [Winerror 1326] The username or password is incorrect: "V:\\"

My F95Checker is on drive D:, in a folder accessible by all users, no special permissions necessary. I am not a developer, but from what little I was able to understand googling for "winerror 1326", there seems to be an issue with a different user is being used to access functions and/or temporary modules (ramdrives ??). The system thinks the last user logged off and requests the same login credentials from the new one... probably sounds quite stupid to someone who actually understands Python, but I thought I'd mention my understanding anyway. Hope ir didn't hurt reading it :D.
and indeed it seems to be the same error as them. reading your comment initially it sounded like you were having a crash on start, but thats clearly not the case. as i already explained to the other user, the issue is with the filepicker testing to see what other drives exist on the system to show a dropdown allowing you to switch between them. i had not done extensive testing on it, being a linux user and not having drive letters, so it turned out it could have permission errors. as i mentioned here it is fixed and will be released soon-ish. i suggest you just get the latest beta build

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes