Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

aappje

Sep 30, 2017
Hey Willy,

If you're still taking ideas to add to the checker, I think I have a nice one.

It would be amazing if we had te possibility of multiple tabs of the mains screen with all the games where you can apply filters and save those.
That way you don't have to reapply them every time.

Keep up the amazing work, I love the tool!

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
found what I think is considered a glitch. if you have 2 filters (in my case: a type filter and a tag filter) you can't right click the column header
View attachment 2289510
I’ve had it since day one, but it’s kinda minor so I just deal with it. It’s not that specific, really it’s completely random. Sometimes right click on the headers stop working for some reason, you just need to left click on a header then right click works again.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hey Willy,

If you're still taking ideas to add to the checker, I think I have a nice one.

It would be amazing if we had te possibility of multiple tabs of the mains screen with all the games where you can apply filters and save those.
That way you don't have to reapply them every time.

Keep up the amazing work, I love the tool!
Eh... not too sold on that one I’m afraid...

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021
Eh... not too sold on that one I’m afraid...
I think he means, what if you could add labels in bulk? Think of it like marking 12 games in the list , then you could add the label to all at once..?
Maybe middle mouse could be used to select, or Ctrl+leftclick or whatever. Just like a folder on your computer. Then right-click to open up the little menu, but instead of just the one game you click on, it opens for all the selected.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud at this point. Hell, maybe it's already possible, and I just missed it.. Like the 'note sorting'. :)

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
what if you could add labels in bulk? Think of it like marking 12 games in the list , then you could add the label to all at once..?
I actually was interested in that features and was hoping it was possible
I have 1k+ game on my list and got uninterested when I couldn't select multiple threads at the same time for labels

Reactions: WakamoSato

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021
I actually was interested in that features and was hoping it was possible
I have 1k+ game on my list and got uninterested when I couldn't select multiple threads at the same time for labels
I would love it too, if it's possible. I 'only' got 864 on the list, 600'ish is added before labels where a thing, I used notes to keep track of different stuff, like what mods and IC patches I used, even what computer I played the game on, since I play on a Win desktop and a Mac laptop.

I'm still using notes, but now I'm also adding labels, whenever a game updates or I add a new game, I put labels on them. Labels make it really easy to filter the list, into whatever you're looking for. But that 'bulk add', would just be so sweet.

Pistol

Jan 22, 2018
Any chance you can add ability to manually input URI to F95checker? Specifically I am using Playnight to manage my collection but atm it does not seems possible to add something like playnite://playnite/start/208a534f-7c53-4084-b0ec-ccc8ffad5759 as a link to start a game..

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Any chance you can add ability to manually input URI to F95checker? Specifically I am using Playnight to manage my collection but atm it does not seems possible to add something like playnite://playnite/start/208a534f-7c53-4084-b0ec-ccc8ffad5759 as a link to start a game..
Paste it in the textbox provided at the bottom of the screen. Same place you would search for the name of the game. (In list view)

Pistol

Jan 22, 2018
Doesn't seem to work. On paste list clears (as one would expect i guess) and on hitting enter after quick search "No results" displayed.

PS You may be mistaking URI for URL, adding games in F95Checker via f95 forum links works just fine, but what I want is a rather different thing.

Last edited:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Doesn't seem to work. On paste list clears (as one would expect i guess) and on hitting enter after quick search "No results" displayed.

PS You may be mistaking URI for URL, adding games in F95Checker via f95 forum links works just fine, but what I want is a rather different thing.
Hmmm...it does seem that I went cross-eyed when I saw URI. Somehow, I don't think adding games from another gaming service is going to happen.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I'm not sure what you mean, but guessing from the start in that URI, I take it you're wanting to launch a playnite managed game using that URI from within F95Checker instead of calling the exe?

this makes me want to ask two questions...
Why, with PlayNite's features in mind, do you want to run a VN from within F95Checker if you've got it already managed in PlayNite? (since it allows you to start a VN like any other managed game)
And if you do want it to run from within F95Checker, why not just add the exe? (although I guess because this way PlayNite won't track statistics )

Reactions: GrammerCop

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I think he means
very different things, but anyway

what if you could add labels in bulk? Think of it like marking 12 games in the list , then you could add the label to all at once..?
Maybe middle mouse could be used to select, or Ctrl+leftclick or whatever. Just like a folder on your computer. Then right-click to open up the little menu, but instead of just the one game you click on, it opens for all the selected.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud at this point. Hell, maybe it's already possible, and I just missed it.. Like the 'note sorting'. :)
maybe, at some point. and no, its not possible yet :D

Reactions: WakamoSato

Pistol

Jan 22, 2018
No, I want it the other way around. This link brings up Playnite entry, which is what I would like to happen when I hit "Play" button in F95Checker. And from there I could actually start playing or update/modify entry or whatever..

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
hm, you do pose an interesting problem here. executables entirely revolve around files for now... i also needed a link (to a webpage) for a game, but its not on f95 so i told me "ill implement custom games and make it possible to add custom webpage links" but then it wont work for f95 games. ill figure something out

Hmmm...it does seem that I went cross-eyed when I saw URI. Somehow, I don't think adding games from another gaming service is going to happen.
only talking about another way to launch games. indeed, youre right, i wont add other platforms, while i will add the possibility to add custom games, as in games untied from f95, but they wont get updates and will be managed completely by you. anyway they were talking about another way to launch a game, and what they were asking is not currently possible but i dont see a problem implementing it

I'm not sure what you mean, but guessing from the start in that URI, I take it you're wanting to launch a playnite managed game using that URI from within F95Checker instead of calling the exe?

this makes me want to ask two questions...
Why, with PlayNite's features in mind, do you want to run a VN from within F95Checker if you've got it already managed in PlayNite? (since it allows you to start a VN like any other managed game)
And if you do want it to run from within F95Checker, why not just add the exe? (although I guess because this way PlayNite won't track statistics )
i agree with most of what youre saying here lol. but the root issue for this user is not being able to use URIs as launch options, which i dont see a problem implementing, so ill let them do it how they want to

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Pistol you NEED to learn to use quotes AND read them when others use them. youre not the center of attention. sometimes people are talking to you, many other times they are NOT talking to you

No, I want it the other way around. This link brings up Playnite entry, which is what I would like to happen when I hit "Play" button in F95Checker. And from there I could actually start playing or update/modify entry or whatever..
i will assume you are replying to what FaceCrap said here. he understood what you meant perfectly and was proposing some questions, as in "why would you use 2 different programs to manage the same games?". f95checker notifies you of updates, so then why also use playnite?. anyway i personally dont have a problem with what you want to do, and i doubt facecrap does. he was just posing some questions for you to think about.

oh well.. sad, but thanks for clarifying that anyway.. :)
I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU. i was talking to WakamoSato. that is why i used a QUOTE and QUOTED what THEY were saying. I then, in ANOTHER comment, replied to you.
i SAID, TO YOU, that i intend to implement what YOU wanted. i said, to WakamoSato, that also will implement what they were asking for.

YOUR request of launching games with URIs is heard loud and clear, and will become a reality at some point. in the meantime LEARN TO USE AND READ QUOTES

EDIT: now that i think about it, you can make a shortcut file to the playnite URI, and make f95checker use the shortcut. you can use this workaround until i make it official

Last edited:

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
If i understand it correctly, you would have to find out what happens in windows if a URI of that type is called and expand it in a .cmd file for each entry (seems F95Checker 10 only supports files as executable without arguments).
As indicates, it should be possible to reverse the URI into a correct argument line for the playnite.exe

First clue for the detective: Find out what that playnite:// protocoll points at. Somewhere is a program on your system that waits for that handler

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyJL

Pistol

Jan 22, 2018
EDIT: now that i think about it, you can make a shortcut file to the playnite URI, and make f95checker use the shortcut. you can use this workaround until i make it official
Thank you, that worked. Will be waiting for URI support implementation, but meanwhile this method, even if cumbersome, it does it's job..

Not sure where all the confusion stems from but I will try to explain it again.
In a nutshell

was proposing some questions, as in "why would you use 2 different programs to manage the same games?"
it is precisely because I already have a program (Playnite) to manage my games what I don't need F95Checker to do that. Instead I would prefer for F95Checker to redirect me to game's Playnite entry on the occasion when game I'm interested in gets updated and from there I will continue to update said entry, manually install new version etc..
I would like to point out two things:
first - while it's a bit underdocumented feature, it is possible to bring up game's enty in Playnite without launching game itself. (playnite://playnite/showgame/f5928268-1f18-4032-b346-e116a6201c66 vs. playnite://playnite/start/f5928268-1f18-4032-b346-e116a6201c66)
second - I make a pretty extensive use of Playnite's support for emulators both for RPGM games and as a way to launch Twine games in different browser (which in turn allows me to track playtime), so I would obviously prefer to use already fine tuned system rather then switch to a new one..
I hope this helps to clarify why proposed feature would be helpful not just for me but for expanding F95Checker usecases in general..

Reactions: WillyJL

Pistol

Jan 22, 2018
If i understand it correctly, you would have to find out what happens in windows if a URI of that type is called and expand it in a .cmd file for each entry (seems F95Checker 10 only supports files as executable without arguments).
As indicates, it should be possible to reverse the URI into a correct argument line for the playnite.exe

First clue for the detective: Find out what that playnite:// protocoll points at. Somewhere is a program on your system that waits for that handler
Sorry for the confusion, as was pointed out earlier, I messed up who I as replying to (( My post has nothing to do with batches.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
My post has nothing to do with batches.
It has nothing to do with shortcuts either, but both are adequate solutions for making a file that launches a URI, and would both be usable as a temporary workaround

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes