Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
No there's a ton of deleted games that used to be on this forum that only appear over there now.
That's a bit overstated... it's not _that_ many... They have what they call, a 'restricted' area, now called 'Exlusive' but the 'Restricted is still in the 'Latest Updates' dropdown. It contains games that for one reason or another got banned here. (mostly due to rule 7).

On another note.

HEADS UP PEEPS!
If you get this error when trying to search for a torrent on rpdl.net...
1688857895970.png
rpdl.net's backend currently has gateway issues, so the tracker is currently dead... the site itself is accessible, with errors popping up all over the place, but login currently doesn't go through...
This is not a bug. I repeat, this is NOT a bug and will resolve itself once these issues have been solved on the backend.

EDIT: Situation has been resolved!

Last edited:

Eve777

Apr 27, 2022
Hey dude,How can I replace the English in the program with another language? I mean 'translate' your software.:oops:

May 17, 2023
Hey dude,How can I replace the English in the program with another language? I mean 'translate' your software.:oops:
Method 1. Clone repo and replace every string in `modules/*.py` files.
Method 2. Fork repo, rewrite modules using localization library, submit PR.

I suggest following second method ;)

Eve777

Apr 27, 2022
放射性葡萄干,帖子:11245084,会员:6101856 said:
方法 1. 克隆 repo 并替换 `modules/*.py` 文件中的每个字符串。
方法2. Fork repo,使用本地化库重写模块,提交PR。

我建议遵循第二种方法;)
[/引用]
Hey dude,I can't set up a coding environment here,show"ERROR: Failed building wheel for PyOpenGL-accelerate",I've already wasted an entire afternoon.Maybe you can help me out? Or do something to try in the next update? I'm not a programmer, so I'm limited in what I can do.

Eve777

Apr 27, 2022
Sir,How do I change the location of a cached file? Also I'd like to make it easier to copy the names of games that have been added. :coffee: Thank you

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
One thing I've noticed is that the barrier for entry to use the tool might be getting too high.
Personally I'd prefer to avoid that my grandma used this, but it'd be nice if she'd be able to download the tool and set it up.

A casual user won't be interested in reading a bunch about the tool. They'll only be interested in a few things:
  1. Will I benefit from this?
  2. Is the Download button clearly visible and will pressing it be all the steps I need to get started?
  3. Is it easy to set up?
Step 1 and 3 is probably as good as it gets. It's a solid tool and it's not hard to set up for its basic functionalities.
Step 2 however might be a little too fussy for someone who might be in doubt what an *.exe is.

Not everyone knows how to use github for an instance.

I might be overthinking this, I'm just concerned that people who might get good use out of F95Checker never give it a chance. I'm not positive that I'm correct in thinking this, I'll let you be the judge.

Dec 3, 2020
I'm probably just missing it, but is there a way to select multiple games and tag them all with a custom label? Also is there a way to reorder custom labels (like moving a recent entry to the top of the drop down menu).

LucasG

Jun 28, 2023
Step 2 however might be a little too fussy for someone who might be in doubt what an *.exe is.

Not everyone knows how to use github for an instance.

I might be overthinking this, I'm just concerned that people who might get good use out of F95Checker never give it a chance. I'm not positive that I'm correct in thinking this, I'll let you be the judge.
No need to 'know how to use' github if the first post literally guides you to the needed page:
Get the latest release .
If the person in question doesn't know how to operate a computer, how the heck did they get here? IE/Edge? (and many of the games here don't have an installer, so what exactly would they want to do with this tool if they can't even open any game via the explorer) [sorry if i stepped on some toes, just wanted to play out Step 2 to a extreme conclusion]

If the user isn't that dumb he/she might be able to find out what OS they use, about unpacking *.zip-files and how to start a executable file. If anything goes sideways there would be always the possibility to ask a question here.

It's good to see you thinking about people outside of this thread, but i doubt the problem for them would be starting an executable. I see people not using this tool cause:
a: ) it's in the tool-section that has to be manually visited instead of just using the 'Latest Updates'-button and
b: ) while it's function in managing (f95-listed) games is quite extensive it is no downloader, so the lazy people have no use for it.

Just a view on how i see this...
/EDIT: edited out two unwanted smilies and a few typos

Last edited:

Soulonus

Dec 23, 2021
Is there a possibility of an Android version of this? I really like this tracker but would prefer to have it on my mobile as I play most of my games on my phone

May 17, 2023
Is there a possibility of an Android version of this? I really like this tracker but would prefer to have it on my mobile as I play most of my games on my phone
Vote in a poll linked in my signature. If you know someone else who might be interested, send them link to thread so they can vote too.

Aug 9, 2021
Ok so im new to this. I have successfully added the extension and have also successfully added the game. but when pressing the refresh button, a problem appears like this
Something went wrong in an asynchronous task of a seperate thread:
AttributeError:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
More info
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\utils.py", line 77, in coro_wrapper
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 1003, in refresh
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 342, in assert_login
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 304, in is_logged_in
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

How to fix this?

LucasG

Jun 28, 2023
Ok so im new to this. I have successfully added the extension and have also successfully added the game. but when pressing the refresh button, a problem appears like this
Something went wrong in an asynchronous task of a seperate thread:
AttributeError:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
More info
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\utils.py", line 77, in coro_wrapper
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 1003, in refresh
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 342, in assert_login
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 304, in is_logged_in
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

How to fix this?
normally you should get a login-window from F95Checker at least at the first try to refresh. If you didn't get one, the extension seems to have messed up something as line 304 in the api.py is literally about a cookie that is needed for F95Checker to read thread-details (guests don't see links and such).

If you have only one game, the solution should be easy: close the checker, delete the %AppData%\f95checker directory (according to 1st post, FAQ->Where is my data), open the F95Checker and add a game manually (on the bottom, can be via game-name or thread-number (found in the end of the url, this thread is 44173 for example)). At some point, you should have to login within the checker (normal F95-Credentials, it only saves the cookies, not the pwd itself) and everything should be normal again.
(if you never get the login-window from F95Checker, you might have to run the debug variant to check if there is more to the issue)

(can't say if deleting the directory is maybe too much, but it ensures all data are gone (not much with one game, with 20+ it would be not nice to the user) and F95checker believes it's a fresh copy. I'm on linux so the files storing the cookies don't have to be named the same)
Windows-users can correct me if i'm wrong at some point

MayhemSixx

Jul 3, 2022
Hello Willy. First, thanks a bunch for the amazing tool, it gives functionalities F95 deeply lacks and is simply essential.

Quick question though : would it be possible for the tool to check the updates for mods as well? For each thread classified as "Mod" or "Cheat mod", the version number is always written as N/A and they never appear in the update list when refreshing, though I don't know if it's because of the website's coding or a choice on your part. Basically it forces you to regularly check the pages of mods you want to use, which your tool is there to avoid for games. And then there are cases like Witch Trainer: Silver Mod, which is classified as a mod (probably for historical reasons) but is actually more of a full game.

Would something be possible or not?

Thanks again for all your work :)

RomeoNesh96

Oct 23, 2017
Hello, im getting this error when im trying to open the exe file.

C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.0\x64\Lib\site-packages\glfw\__init__.py:912: GLFWError: (65543) b'WGL: OpenGL profile requested but WGL_ARB_create_context_profile is unavailable'
Could not initialize Window

Can I know how to fix this?

May 17, 2023
I can't imagine using f95 without this program anymore.

If the program isn't abandoned, I'd like to request one feature.
It would be great to be able to visually mark games on the website that catch my attention, but I might don't want to download them yet or add to the program, since there's already a vast number of games there.

I'm aware that the site offers a bookmarking option, but the issue is that these bookmarked games aren't visually indicated on the 'recent updates' tab.

I wish it was something like this. View attachment 2826548

Maybe that it would be linked to the bookmarks on the site itself, like when you add a game to your bookmarks View attachment 2826597 and the icon View attachment 2826637 appears.

Or maybe, add using the program, and then an icon will appear on the site and the game will be added to your bookmarks in the program, like this View attachment 2826563

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And separately.
I would also point that the added game icon is displayed in many places View attachment 2826793 , but it does not show the added game when search View attachment 2826794 , and also when searching by tags View attachment 2826796
This can be achieved already. You can add the game normally and assign custom label like 'triage' 'bookmark' etc. Then use filters, when you want to clean up your list.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023
Do you even understand what I requested? The main request is to have an icon displayed on the site.

in case you didn't know, these icons, of games that was added to the program, are already there(are you using the "F95Checker Browser Addon"?)
View attachment 2827571

Don't speak for others. WillyJL himself will tell if it's difficult or not, and if he's going to do it or not.
I'm not speaking on his behalf, just expressing my opinion.
And yes, I understand what you are talking about.

The thing I don't understand is why you would want 2 separate lists that basically do the same thing. When you are adding a game to Checker it means that you are interested in this game and want to follow it, "bookmarks" are no different, but you want separate icon for them?

Anyway, English is not my native language, so excuse me if my reply was too "aggressive", I probably should have worded it better. I was just curious about your usecases.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hello, im getting this error when im trying to open the exe file.

C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.0\x64\Lib\site-packages\glfw\__init__.py:912: GLFWError: (65543) b'WGL: OpenGL profile requested but WGL_ARB_create_context_profile is unavailable'
Could not initialize Window

Can I know how to fix this?
Update your gpu drivers, remove bullshit that messes with gpu / rendering (msi after burner, rivatuner and so on), and verify windows files

May 17, 2023
How I see it: For example the first release of the game, it looks good, but there is almost no content and it is clear that the next 3-4 updates devs will not add much content. I do not want to add it to my other games that it would not take up space on the hard drive and in the program library. But I want to keep an eye on it, and when this game appears in 2-3 months on the tab "recent updates" I immediately see that it is marked, and remember that this game I was interested in earlier. Very often such games are simply abandoned.

To add a separate list in the program is not necessary, I suggested as an option.

It could work so that when I add a game to the bookmarks on the site, the icon appears.

This is not a critical feature, but would be a nice bonus to the already good program.
You know what, now when I'm thinking about it, it actually makes a lot of sense.
I might try to implement that.

Reactions: simple_human
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes