Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes
May 17, 2023
Thanks for your replies, i need a version of python 3.8 or less, cause in 3.9 they stopped supporting windows 7. :)
Yeah, upgrading your OS will be the best option.
But if you stuck on it for some reason you can try .
Never used them, can't recommend, just did a quick google search.

Ocwil

Dec 23, 2021
Yeah, upgrading your OS will be the best option.
But if you stuck on it for some reason you can try .
Never used them, can't recommend, just did a quick google search.
I've been down that path and i got python 3.11 working. but then i ran into the problem Qt6 doesn't support win7.
Then i tried modifying the imports to Qt5, but that got complicated really fast cause some API names got changed between Qt5 and Qt6 so... no luck there.

Anyway this looks to be a really nice tool.
Great work!

But i give up trying to run it on win7.

Saramago

Sep 23, 2017
Sorry I'm a complete noob at this, but is there a way to change where data is stored? I want to access it on both my laptop and desktop (and prevent losing all data if my SSD dies) so I moved the main folder to my google drive but the data won't be shared since the data is on the roaming folder.

shmanzu

Aug 3, 2020
To run this on wayland you have to pass it the environment variable
Bash:
QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb

I run it like this:

Bash:
QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb ./F95Checker

Nonetheless, I get this when trying to open links:
WARNING: QApplication was not created in the main() thread.

(F95Checker-Debug:87707): GLib-CRITICAL **: 09:53:01.104: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context' failed

Last edited:
May 17, 2023
Sorry I'm a complete noob at this, but is there a way to change where data is stored? I want to access it on both my laptop and desktop (and prevent losing all data if my SSD dies) so I moved the main folder to my google drive but the data won't be shared since the data is on the roaming folder.
You can download Google Drive on your devices, create syncronized folder, and then create a symbolic link.
Here is how you can do that with Powershell (run it as administrator):
Code:
New-Item -ItemType SymbolicLink -Path "$env:APPDATA\f95checker" -Target "<FULL PATH TO YOUR SYNCED F95CHECKER FOLDER>"

Last edited:

Saramago

Sep 23, 2017
You can download Google Drive on your devices, create syncronized folder, and then create a symbolic link.
Here is how you can do that with Powershell (run it as administrator):
Code:
New-Item -ItemType SymbolicLink -Path "$env:APPDATA\f95checker" -Target "<FULL PATH TO YOUR SYNCED F95CHECKER FOLDER>"
I don't think PowerShell likes me, all I get are red error messages :KEK:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tried adding \Roaming\ between appdata and f95checker... red.
Tried changing the -Path part to the full path as well but... red again.
Tried to set the Target to an empty folder... red.

PS: I meant One Drive, not Google Drive. But that shouldn't make a difference, I think?

May 17, 2023
I don't think PowerShell likes me, all I get are red error messages :KEK:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tried adding \Roaming\ between appdata and f95checker... red.
Tried changing the -Path part to the full path as well but... red again.
Tried to set the Target to an empty folder... red.

PS: I meant One Drive, not Google Drive. But that shouldn't make a difference, I think?
As long as you can sync your cloud files to your PC it doesn't matter which cloud provider you are using.
The error tells you that folder "$env:APPDATA\f95checker" already exists as it should if you previously used F95Checker on this PC.
Just delete the "C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\f95checker" folder, and run command again, it should work.
THIS WILL DELETE YOUR DATA, I'M ASSUMING YOU HAVE THIS FOLDER BACKED UP TO ONEDRIVE ALREADY.

You should only change Target path and leave the rest of the command intact.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Very OT, but try ;) No messing with complicated commandlines... just right-clicks.
Seconded, been using it for years. Just stick to symlinks for directories. Junctions have some (IMO) undesirable behaviour.

Also even further OT but anyone who makes heavy use of links may find useful.

Reactions: ascsd

JanForShort

Jul 17, 2020
this is too selfish it can run only on hardware with opengl and external gpu...how about integrated graphics with directx10 only capable gpu user like me???

• Angry
Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
this is too selfish it can run only on hardware with opengl and external gpu...how about integrated graphics with directx10 only capable gpu user like me???
Who said anything about external gpu? Fix your integrated gpu drivers mate.

JanForShort

Jul 17, 2020
Who said anything about external gpu? Fix your integrated gpu drivers mate.
it's up to date intel hd 3000 on windows 11...i don't know if was compatibility but looking on log files in was OPENGL error my IG is not capable of "WGL_ARB_create_context_profile"

TLDR: i think this is not for me or not older gpu/ig friendly.
*and sorry for being instant judge sudden mean

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
it's up to date intel hd 3000 on windows 11...i don't know if was compatibility but looking on log files in was OPENGL error my IG is not capable of "WGL_ARB_create_context_profile"

TLDR: i think this is not for me or not older gpu/ig friendly.
*and sorry for being instant judge sudden mean
You're using a cpu from 2011, that's 12 years ago... how is this my fault? You're asking for it lmfao
How do you even run games on it :WaitWhat:

Reactions: JanForShort
May 1, 2018
Hi, WillyJL How are you man? Hope you have a good day. Recently I've lost all the thread links in app, so I redownload again from fresh and now when I try to import through Thread links or F95 bookmarks, it tries to login and after that it lags so much and it couldn't do import. Can you help me please with this?

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes