Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Display download progress for Inregrated Browser
Meh, I added that download functionality purely for it to exist, didn't intend for it to be actually used... maybe, idk

making the exe dir the default path for all games upon you can enter a relative path to the exe itself. This way it'll be possible to move all games to a bigger hard drive without re-entering all path to the games again.
Planned

Grabbing local version of the game from file title
No, the idea is that you keep folders with just game name so that when you udpate you swap the files but the executable path is the same, so play button still works

Remember Filter from last session
Implemented in beta version

Batch download game banners
It already does that, it gets the banners for every game you have added. I plan to eventually support all game images, but banners are already a thing

Being able to set completed status to imported apps outside of f95zone
Implemented in beta

Reactions: Savor

HGBX

Jan 19, 2018
I'm on Linux Mint 21.2 and nothing happens when trying to run the binary, except this log file being created:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Running the Debug binary through terminal results in the same error message. I also tried installing and running from source but it has a very similar but slightly different error, I can post that too if you'd like.

LucasG

Jun 28, 2023
configparser.DuplicateOptionError: While reading from PosixPath('/usr/share/applications/librewolf.desktop') [line 9]: option 'type' in section 'Desktop Entry' already exists
Seems your default browser, LibreWolf, is slightly misconfigured. If you look into that file (cat or nano or whatever) you will most likely find two (or more) lines starting with Type where only one is expected. For an executable it should have only one line Type=Application .
Other than .lnk shortcuts from windows, .desktop files have way more payload.

Reactions: WillyJL and HGBX

HGBX

Jan 19, 2018
Seems your default browser, LibreWolf, is slightly misconfigured. If you look into that file (cat or nano or whatever) you will most likely find two (or more) lines starting with Type where only one is expected. For an executable it should have only one line Type=Application .
Other than .lnk shortcuts from windows, .desktop files have way more payload.
Just like you said, there was a duplicate Type as well as a Comment, deleted those and now it seems to work fine. Thanks! Honestly the solution seems obvious in hindsight but I didn't think to open an executable file in a text editor.

Last edited:
Reactions: LucasG

savingtemp

Sep 19, 2021
Would it be possible to add a permanent version of the update screen(the one wich shows the version or status changes after a refresh)?
Essentially just a copy of what already exists, in a dedicated tab or screen.
The goal would be to have a update history that is also provides a better overview.
Thoughts on this?

amandaoneill

Mar 10, 2018
so, i got the same error as someone a couple of pages ago but i didnt see any answers

"(F95Checker-Debug:147701): GLib-CRITICAL **: 18:39:31.742: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context' failed"

im running endeavouros

May 17, 2023
i dont use gnome, im running cinnamon
Cinnamon is a fork of Gnome. You are getting this error because you are running on Wayland(Mutter, Muffin, whatever), and there is no good solution yet. The only thing you can do is run X server instead of Wayland compositor. I know it's possible to switch between them on the login screen in Gnome, maybe you can do that in Cinnamon too.

amandaoneill

Mar 10, 2018
Cinnamon is a fork of Gnome. You are getting this error because you are running on Wayland(Mutter, Muffin, whatever), and there is no good solution yet. The only thing you can do is run X server instead of Wayland compositor. I know it's possible to switch between them on the login screen in Gnome, maybe you can do that in Cinnamon too.
what other DEs would work than?

May 17, 2023
I've managed to recreate it, it only happens when I'm trying to open an integrated browser. However, the login window opens and functions just fine, which is weird because it's also using Qt. Can you confirm that it's only happening when you are trying to open integrated browser window? Have you been able to log in?

amandaoneill

Mar 10, 2018
the integrated browser aint working (which makes the program unusable since it doesnt display anything), login is fine

amandaoneill

Mar 10, 2018
Then I guess your only option is to switch to an external browser for now, until this issue is resolved. Thank you for providing good feedback, I was convinced that this problem was connected to the Wayland in some way up until now.
guess ill stay wiht the browser for now and check up on the next version, thanks (how about the whole DE thing? anyhting else that could possible work?)

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
part 2 of me migrating to a new computer, I'm trying to understand how to transfer my data from f95checker and, from memory, I think I can just transfer the content of D:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\f95checker so it will contain the data of the game and images. Kind of better than only the thread links from the Manage option on the app itself.

Is there anything that would be missing and would have to be done manually like Notes, Tags, Exes directory or custom games?

May 17, 2023
part 2 of me migrating to a new computer, I'm trying to understand how to transfer my data from f95checker and, from memory, I think I can just transfer the content of D:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\f95checker so it will contain the data of the game and images. Kind of better than only the thread links from the Manage option on the app itself.

Is there anything that would be missing and would have to be done manually like Notes, Tags, Exes directory or custom games?
No, nothing will be missing, everything is stored in 'f95checker' folder

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: GAB
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes