Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
transferred the app data folder and I've gotten this. appears while in background mode several times and on every recheck 1697102140532.png
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\utils.py", line 77, in coro_wrapper
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 1028, in refresh
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 592, in full_check
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\structs.py", line 111, in __enter__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\multiprocessing\process.py", line 121, in start
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\multiprocessing\context.py", line 224, in _Popen
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\multiprocessing\context.py", line 336, in _Popen
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\multiprocessing\popen_spawn_win32.py", line 74, in __init__
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] Le fichier spécifié est introuvable
Last line is french for "file not found"

May 17, 2023
transferred the app data folder and I've gotten this. appears while in background mode several times and on every recheck View attachment 2999578
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\utils.py", line 77, in coro_wrapper
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 1028, in refresh
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 592, in full_check
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\structs.py", line 111, in __enter__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\multiprocessing\process.py", line 121, in start
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\multiprocessing\context.py", line 224, in _Popen
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\multiprocessing\context.py", line 336, in _Popen
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\multiprocessing\popen_spawn_win32.py", line 74, in __init__
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] Le fichier spécifié est introuvable
Last line is french for "file not found"
Try reinstalling F95Checker, your current install might be corrupted.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Try reinstalling F95Checker, your current install might be corrupted.
I just downloaded from github last night. Not sure how it happened

turns out i did the mistake of moving the .exe instead of making a shortcut :LUL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ascsd

LucasG

Jun 28, 2023
hello? id like to aks again if i can make it work with a different desktop enviroment and or distro
From my machine i can say F95Checker 10.2 integrated browser doesn't work with Devuan 4 Chimaera (oldstable, based on Debian 11 Bullseye) with XFCE 4.16
No problems with a Firefox-based custom browser.
Code:
$ F95Checker-Debug
Attribute Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts must be set before QCoreApplication is created.
WARNING: QApplication was not created in the main() thread.

(F95Checker-Debug:29303): GLib-CRITICAL **: 0X:08:10.387: g_main_context_push_thread_default: assertion 'acquired_context' failed
Exited with code 0, press [Enter] to quit...

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
might be a feature already asked before but how do I see the game ratings in the checker? all I see is the personal ratings and I can't be bothered with ratings 1k of them

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
one more question: Is there a way to hide the massive amount of error screens when I let checker in the background and make the computer go to sleep or deep sleep? Cause like "Yes I know you couldn't connect to the internet because of some programming error and connection issue, mf you were sleeping from 9pm to 7am what would you expect to happen at 2am??"

or alternate solution, lemme spam the Esc key to dismiss them all already.

Mar 23, 2021
one more question: Is there a way to hide the massive amount of error screens when I let checker in the background and make the computer go to sleep or deep sleep? Cause like "Yes I know you couldn't connect to the internet because of some programming error and connection issue, mf you were sleeping from 9pm to 7am what would you expect to happen at 2am??"

My solution was to force quit it and restart it.

May 17, 2023

Which errors you get exactly and how many? I usually get 2 windows with following error: ClientConnectorError: Cannot connect to host f95zone.to:443 ssl:False [Temporary failure in name resolution]

Same for you?

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Same for you?
Can't tell for sure at the moment. I know there's large and small ones alternating between warning and error ones but I can,t remember the exact code of error or message it gave. I know this comment doesn't help much but give me a day, at most, and I'll update on my findings

a8dj2d9

Mar 22, 2021
For two days now whenever I refresh I see this error:

Screenshot.png

I tried re-installing the app, no improvement.
Only change is now (because nothing's cached) it errors out at 1% instead of 95%.

If I right click/Full Recheck a specific game it gets stuck here. I tried several and always the same result:

Screenshot.png

It's as if there's a problem with the site but I'm posting now from the same computer so it's clearly reachable.
The log file's empty and there are no printouts to the console in debug mode...

Is anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:
May 17, 2023
I tried re-installing the app, no improvement.
What do you mean by re-installing? Deleting app and downloading it again from github does nothing by itself. Did you delete %APPDATA%/f95checker directory? If not, try clearing cookies by clicking Manage > Clear > All cookies. You will have to login again after doing that.

Reactions: a8dj2d9

a8dj2d9

Mar 22, 2021
Did you delete %APPDATA%/f95checker directory?
I did - I had to import my list, re-login, etc.

If not, try clearing cookies by clicking Manage > Clear > All cookies.
I did this now (again) just in case. Did a full-recheck on single game, prompted to log in, hangs at 50% (as in my screenshot above) then shows the Server Not Available popup.

The checker's always worked reliably for me.
Nothing's changed on my end but apparently I'm the only one affected - strange.

Mar 23, 2021
I did - I had to import my list, re-login, etc.

I did this now (again) just in case. Did a full-recheck on single game, prompted to log in, hangs at 50% (as in my screenshot above) then shows the Server Not Available popup.

The checker's always worked reliably for me.
Nothing's changed on my end but apparently I'm the only one affected - strange.
I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago, turned out to be an update to my AV (Kaspersky). Try deactivating your AV then running a recheck to see if it works, if so you will have to add an exception for the Checker.

Reactions: a8dj2d9

a8dj2d9

Mar 22, 2021
Darn, disabling virus protection and firewall didn't fix it.
I even restored an image (it's a VM) from weeks ago when it worked fine - same problem.

It's almost like DOS protection kicking in - frustrating.
Thanks for the tips though.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Which errors you get exactly and how many? I usually get 2 windows with following error: ClientConnectorError: Cannot connect to host f95zone.to:443 ssl:False [Temporary failure in name resolution]

Same for you?
Here is the view i get after sleeping my computer and waking it up a few hours later
1698099474898.png

in more details:
1698099458339.png 1698099441791.png
I'm not worried about those because I know the issue is something like "hey i want to check if the thread updated" but the computer is like "nah bro we sleepin' " so the checker is like "wtf I'm gonna write a complaint" but I just want to quickly dismiss those messages <.<

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes