Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
The OP mentions how to try beta dev builds
Hi WillyJL. Super duper cool program you made.

I tried the version of the program made by littleraisins and I VERY much liked a couple of the features, very useful:

1 Different lists
2.png 4.png

2 Display links with added games
3.png 6.png 9.png

Will you be adding this features? I would really like it.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021
Hi WillyJL. Super duper cool program you made.

I tried the version of the program made by littleraisins and I VERY much liked a couple of the features, very useful:

1 Different lists
View attachment 3153816 View attachment 3153830

2 Display links with added games
View attachment 3153848 View attachment 3153847 View attachment 3153852

Will you be adding this features? I would really like it.
Also would be nice if you can save tags as a list so you can turn a set on and off easily.

Prj3tC

Feb 8, 2020
"Was" is the correct tense. Like the poster before me already noticed, the repo of the person who developed the extended version is gone.
Which also means that there are no official downloads anymore.
Sorry to pollute the thread, but is this repo the continuation of CheckerX?

I don't want to export/import my whole library to the original Checker and possibly dwelve into database reformatting and such...

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Sorry to pollute the thread, but is this repo the continuation of CheckerX?

I don't want to export/import my whole library to the original Checker and possibly dwelve into database reformatting and such...
It's a fork of WillyJL's version. There is a branch (currently set as default) which has a copy of littleraisin's last version, plus some small modifications done by me.
I won't create releases for the foreseeable future as I'm not able to test on other platforms. Also, I really don't want to continue publishing a separate version.
I only created the branch to allow me to experiment with the code. So there could be changes that will alter the database structure or functionality in unforeseen ways.
I strongly advise against using it as a replacement. It may contain bugs I haven't encountered yet or introduce bugs resulting from my experiments.
If you do decide to use it, you will be doing so at your own risk. Plus you will either need to run it from source or build your own executable.

EDIT: Which reminds me, updated the README to reflect that the version in my repo is a use at your own risk version (see the disclaimer).

Last edited:

Prj3tC

Feb 8, 2020
It's a fork of WillyJL's version. There is a branch (currently set as default) which has a copy of littleraisin's last version, plus some small modifications done by me.
I won't create releases for the foreseeable future as I'm not able to test on other platforms. Also, I really don't want to continue publishing a separate version.
I only created the branch to allow me to experiment with the code. So there could be changes that will alter the database structure or functionality in unforeseen ways.
I strongly advise against using it as a replacement. It may contain bugs I haven't encountered yet or introduce bugs resulting from my experiments.
If you do decide to use it, you will be doing so at your own risk. Plus you will either need to run it from source or build your own executable.

EDIT: Which reminds me, updated the README to reflect that the version in my repo is a use at your own risk version (see the disclaimer).
(y)
All right, thanks for the info.

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023

How do I download your version? it's just, the original program: follow the link, download the archive, unzip it, use it. I want to try your version, but can't find the "download" button, or figure out how to download it.
can you, pls, give me a link to download the archive?

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
There is now actual downloadlink, and you need to do a bit more than just downloading, since there's no exe file.
It's not just download archive, unzip it, use it.
Like I said earlier, you would need to run it from source code, meaning you will need to have at a minimum Python 3.10.x installed.
Then you would need to install the required modules, meaning you need to be able to use pip.
And to download the source code, you need to click the green Code button and select download zip.

Also, there is no easy way going back to the original version once you have the data imported.
So better think twice before you commit yourself.

• Sad
Reactions: Sober-man

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
There is now actual downloadlink, and you need to do a bit more than just downloading, since there's no exe file.
It's not just download archive, unzip it, use it.
Like I said earlier, you would need to run it from source code, meaning you will need to have at a minimum Python 3.10.x installed.
Then you would need to install the required modules, meaning you need to be able to use pip.
And to download the source code, you need to click the green Code button and select download zip.

Also, there is no easy way going back to the original version once you have the data imported.
So better think twice before you commit yourself.
That's sad.
I wish there was an archive like the original program. Because everything you just said to me sounds like abra-cadabra.
I'm not afraid of data loss because I often make a copy of the data.
I use the version made by littleraisins, there is also a complicated installation, but I was given a link to the archive (as the original program). I liked it, and since littleraisins is gone, it means there will be no improvements. With all due respect to WillyJL it looks like he doesn't want to continue either, activity is down a lot, last update was when, spring?

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
With all due respect to WillyJL it looks like he doesn't want to continue either, activity is down a lot, last update was when, spring?
It's not a question of not wanting, it's a question of resources. He's currently the lead developer in another major project. This leaves him very little free time, so for the moment F95Checker is in stasis.

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
Have you considered doing a simple install by any chance? I was trying to figure out how to install from github, and googled, but couldn't figure out how to do it.
I second this; FaceCrap it looks like you have the full copy of littleraisin's repository with workflow files. You can just enable actions and publish a release. It should be free for public repos I think.

EDIT: Never mind, workflows are from the original WillyJL's repo. Still possible, maybe?

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Have you considered doing a simple install by any chance? I was trying to figure out how to install from github, and googled, but couldn't figure out how to do it.
I second this; FaceCrap it looks like you have the full copy of littleraisin's repository with workflow files. You can just enable actions and publish a release. It should be free for public repos I think.
It's the full copy, yes, am I willing to continue publishing compiled binaries, no, at least not for the moment.
I know that's not something you guys want to here, but I need to be realistic here.

For one, I am not in a position to test if the binaries would work on other platforms, which is a minimum requirement.
For another, I am also not proficient enough in Python to do support if folks run into issues.

I don't know a thing about *nix and MacOS, if I change or add something that works on Windows, it's totally outside my expertise to know if that would be true for *nix and MacOS.
I just don't want to be responsible for folks experiencing issues I can't solve. It took me already since the demise of littleraisins' repo to just get two changes working as I intended.
And I'm not even sure if there didn't creep in some unforeseen situation that would f... it up if it would get out in the wild.

The thing is, this version only came to be for the reason I mentioned earlier. WillyJL being neck deep in other commitments.
The plan was that somewhere down the line, the current additions in the X version would become part of WillyJL's version.
I'm still hoping for that to become fact, but it's not up to me.

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\asyncio\windows_events.py", line 494, in finish_recv
OSError: [WinError 64] The specified network name is no longer available

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\connector.py", line 980, in _wrap_create_connection
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\asyncio\base_events.py", line 1112, in create_connection
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\asyncio\base_events.py", line 1145, in _create_connection_transport
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\asyncio\proactor_events.py", line 286, in _loop_reading
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\asyncio\windows_events.py", line 846, in _poll
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\asyncio\windows_events.py", line 498, in finish_recv
ConnectionResetError: [WinError 64] The specified network name is no longer available

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\utils.py", line 77, in coro_wrapper
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 1003, in refresh
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 342, in assert_login
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 284, in is_logged_in
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\contextlib.py", line 204, in __aenter__
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 120, in request
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\client.py", line 1141, in __aenter__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\client.py", line 536, in _request
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\connector.py", line 540, in connect
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\connector.py", line 901, in _create_connection
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\connector.py", line 1206, in _create_direct_connection
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\connector.py", line 1175, in _create_direct_connection
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\connector.py", line 988, in _wrap_create_connection
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientConnectorError: Cannot connect to host f95zone.to:443 ssl:False [The specified network name is no longer available]

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
If you're still having this issue, in the sidebar open the Manage section, then click on Clear and choose All cookies.

Confirm the prompt(s), exit F95Checker and restart it, then hit the Refresh button. This should popup a login window for F95zone.
NOTE: It may take a bit for the popup to show, so don't give up too quickly.

No guarantee this solves it, but the error seems familiar and doing this solved at least the error I had then

skirt.

Nov 21, 2021
Love the program, for more than just an f95zone game updates program. I hadn't even ever checked for game updates, purely because of how much time and effort it would take, but now it's a piece of cake so thank you!

Some requests I have are for there to be a portable mode/portable version of the program. I don't like to leave any traces of "this side of the internet" on my PC, and I see it has data saved in %appdata%.
Lastly, and I'm nitpicking with this one, the label app view is very handy but as someone with not many labels, the empty space leftover bothers me. It would be cool if the contents of available labels would scale depending on how few there are.

(Quick little bug report, using the custom browser setting for OperaGXPortable the browser opens "file:///H:/<folder>/<folder>/F95Checker-Windows/https:/f95zone.to/threads/the-night-of-the-sexual-beast-and-the-fallen-saint-final-lyric-box.70844/" I'm unsure if simply the "OperaGX" option works, as that always tries to use my main browser which I dont want.)

That's it, cant believe I hadn't found this sooner, thank you!

Last edited:

DJAutismo

Jan 29, 2018
I just downloaded the program and it's working pretty well so far, aside from one issue: when I try to import my bookmarks (f95 bookmarks, not browser ones), it only imports the first 100. After that, I only get the following message: image_2023-12-19_223601415.png
Is there any way to import all my bookmarks?

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes