Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
I just downloaded the program and it's working pretty well so far, aside from one issue: when I try to import my bookmarks (f95 bookmarks, not browser ones), it only imports the first 100. Is there any way to import all my bookmarks?
Might be related to this pull request
If you have a lot of bookmarks you should consider downloading "source" version of the latest release, editing the code yourself according to , running your import and switching back to compiled release after that.

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
Some requests I have are for there to be a portable mode/portable version of the program. I don't like to leave any traces of "this side of the internet" on my PC, and I see it has data saved in %appdata%.
You can easily achieve that with one simple symbolic link.
Or, you can make it fully portable yourself, if you are willing to recompile.
Warning: Do NOT use auto updater with this patch, unless you want your data to be purged by the update. Or backup data folder before each update manually.
Clone repo, download attached patch, apply it, and build.
All your files will be stored under "data" folder next to the executable.
Git patch command: git apply patch.txt
Build command: python setup.py build

Last edited:
Reactions: skirt.

skirt.

Nov 21, 2021
Or, you can make it fully portable yourself, if you are willing to recompile.
Fully portable would be the preferred way, but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about github and compiling. I'll have a quick google search, but I'm thinking my best bet is to just wait as I can be really hopeless at this stuff. Thanks for the information tho! I'll give it a try

Edit: Yeah I got no clue what I'm doing

Last edited:

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
All your files will be stored under "data" folder next to the executable.
Even though you probably wouldn't mean to auto-update with a patched build, this is a bit dangerous. Because everything in the folder containing the .exe is deleted on an update IIRC.

Edit: Yeah I got no clue what I'm doing
Just go with a symlink. With F95Checker closed, move the folder where you want it. Just not to the folder where with F95Checker.exe. Then open command prompt (on Win10 you need to run it as Admin) and run:
Code:
mklink /D 'C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\F95Checker' '<Full path to moved folder>'
The moved directory doesn't need to have the same name as the link. For example, I make heavy use of directory symlinks so mine is named 'A-R-F95Checker'. That reminds me it's the target of a symlink and the original location.

skirt.

Nov 21, 2021
I had just started looking into making a symlink after failing to make compiling work and was confused even at that, so this is perfect timing thank you!

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Hello I'm back after a very long time.
Working on getting my PC setup again. Currently using my phone to post this and using a restricted WiFi.

I have a question that was probably already answered and if it was then I apologize for the pollution.

Is there a way to export my list from an older version of the tool (~ a year) to the latest version? Edit: ...on another pc?

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
Is there a way to export my list from an older version of the tool (~ a year) to the latest version?
Copy data folder to your new pc, your database should be automatically updated.
Markdown (GitHub flavored):
  F95Checker stores all it's data at:

- `%APPDATA%\f95checker\` on Windows
    (usually `C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\f95checker\`)
  - `~/.config/f95checker/` on Linux
    (usually `/home/username/.config/f95checker/`)
  - `~/Library/Application Support/f95checker/` on MacOS
    (usually `/Users/username/Library/Application Support/f95checker/`)

Reactions: GrammerCop

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Copy data folder to your new pc, your database should be automatically updated.
Markdown (GitHub flavored):
  F95Checker stores all it's data at:

- `%APPDATA%\f95checker\` on Windows
    (usually `C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\f95checker\`)
  - `~/.config/f95checker/` on Linux
    (usually `/home/username/.config/f95checker/`)
  - `~/Library/Application Support/f95checker/` on MacOS
    (usually `/Users/username/Library/Application Support/f95checker/`)
So I should install the current version of the tool on the new computer then copy the appdata folder from the old computer and replace the appdata folder on the new computer.

The reason I'm asking is the old computer is a version that is about a year old. Not sure which version yet.

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
So I should install the current version of the tool on the new computer then copy the appdata folder from the old computer and replace the appdata folder on the new computer.
Yes
The reason I'm asking is the old computer is a version that is about a year old.
As long as it is v9.0+ you should be good to go
It's good idea to keep a backup of your data anyway, like always during such manipulations

Reactions: GrammerCop

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Well I have it installed on my pos laptop and run into the opengl error 65543. Checked and all video drivers up to date, dx 12, oh well.

Guess I'm going to be doing this the old fashioned way.

Hmmm...wonder where I put my pencils?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Well I have it installed on my pos laptop and run into the opengl error 65543. Checked and all video drivers up to date, dx 12, oh well.

Guess I'm going to be doing this the old fashioned way.

Hmmm...wonder where I put my pencils?
Do you have any kind of overlay program installed? Something that would inject a dll into a gpu accelerated process? Like msi afterburner, riva tuner statistics server, discord overlay...?

Also what OS and what GPU are you using?

feeling_blue

Sep 20, 2021
Hi! The operating system I use is Windows 11, with a resolution of 3072 x 1920 and a scaling of 175%. The text on the interface is extremely small. How can I adjust the font size settings?

EDIT: never mind, I found the interface-scale option

1703407421723.png

Last edited:

feeling_blue

Sep 20, 2021
I am using clash for windows for proxying with global mode, relaunched the checker, but still got the timeout error. :cry:

aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientConnectorError: Cannot connect to host f95zone.to:443 ssl:False [The semaphore timeout period has expired]

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I am using clash for windows for proxying with global mode, relaunched the checker, but still got the timeout error. :cry:

aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientConnectorError: Cannot connect to host f95zone.to:443 ssl:False [The semaphore timeout period has expired]
There is a setting to ignore semaphore timeouts. They are random.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes