Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

corkui

Oct 22, 2022
I'm getting the same error during application start. What I have been doing is to close and restart the tool. This (for me) usually fixes it.

If I still get the error, I close all other programs and then try again. Other than that, can't help.
does not help for me at all

• Sad
Reactions: GrammerCop

damianea103

Mar 8, 2018
EDIT: Solved, for some reason the window to login opens way off screen. Still, is there any fix for this? I don't have a multi monitor setup, and this is the only app that has ever done this.

Hello, just installed the program and not really sure how to use it. If i try and search anything it just gets stuck at the "logging in" stage, with no place to actually log in. All it does is open a blank window in the background which i can't see. I've tried changing browsers in the browser tab but each one has the same result. Is there any fix for this?

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteVanDaycare

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
EDIT: Solved, for some reason the window to login opens way off screen. Still, is there any fix for this? I don't have a multi monitor setup, and this is the only app that has ever done this.

Hello, just installed the program and not really sure how to use it. If i try and search anything it just gets stuck at the "logging in" stage, with no place to actually log in. All it does is open a blank window in the background which i can't see. I've tried changing browsers in the browser tab but each one has the same result. Is there any fix for this?
Not too sure. I haven't been on for a while. I use full screen for the app and it pops up in the middle for me.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Constantly getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\threading.py", line 1038, in _bootstrap_inner
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\threading.py", line 975, in run
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\sync_thread.py", line 19, in run_loop
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\imagehelper.py", line 112, in reload
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\Image.py", line 3277, in open
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\Image.py", line 3263, in _open_core
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\ImageFile.py", line 117, in __init__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\PngImagePlugin.py", line 734, in _open
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\PngImagePlugin.py", line 203, in call
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\PngImagePlugin.py", line 569, in chunk_zTXt
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\PngImagePlugin.py", line 150, in _safe_zlib_decompress
ValueError: Decompressed Data Too Large

and many, many games with blank or Invalid image?

Any fix for these issues?
I tried something. I highlighted the games slowly one by one until I found one that triggered the error. You try and see if you can identify the game.

Edit: FYI - I posted to the issue in GitHub.

Reactions: WillyJL

Legenden

Oct 11, 2018
I'm getting this error when I click on refresh.

File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\api.py", line 512, in fast_check
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 346, in loads
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 337, in decode
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
I can't add the check_broken.bin file so I added it as a .rar file.
1705425136750.png

I have had this error for a few days. Do you know how to solve this?

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
today started getting same error as post above - check_broken and Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

fds7s56d4f56s546

Jan 18, 2024
Hi,

I wanted to use the software to manage and launch games (mainly HTML) but I have a problem.
How do I open HTML files in the built-in browser? I managed to configure the games by putting the .html (as if it was an .exe) but this opens the html in the default software of the operating system.
Is it me, or is it not possible to open HTML in the F95Checker browser?

Alternatively, allow copying the full path of the "executable" to the clipboard, example: "C:\games\Random_Game\Random_Games_v3\index.html"
To easily paste it manually into the desired browser (like a private browser session).

r37r05p3C7

Nov 8, 2023
No, you are correct; it's not possible to open games in the built-in browser. As a workaround, you can create a wrapper script that launches your games using your preferred browser in incognito mode, and then set this script as executable for your game.

If you are a Windows user, I'm sorry you can put something like this in a .bat file:
Firefox: start firefox -private whatever.html
Chrome, or derivatives: start chrome -incognito whatever.html

If you are on linux I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Reactions: fds7s56d4f56s546

fds7s56d4f56s546

Jan 18, 2024
Ok thanks for the confirmation. Too bad the functionality to open in the built-in browser doesn't exist. I thought it was partly integrated for that. Thank you all the same for the idea of the batch script.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Please can someone help me? It started out of nowhere. From a certain position it stops loading images and reports this error. The fault is not always in the same place. I have all the pictures. I am sorry for my English. Google translation. If this problem already exists, I'm sorry ... I didn't find ...
I've tested solution suggested in and it appears to have resolved the issue(at least with thread mentioned above).
WillyJL, please consider increasing MAX_TEXT_CHUNK to a more reasonable value.
Yup, fixed in beta now

Reactions: BrockLanders

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Constantly getting this error:

File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\threading.py", line 1038, in _bootstrap_inner
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\threading.py", line 975, in run
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\sync_thread.py", line 19, in run_loop
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\imagehelper.py", line 112, in reload
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\Image.py", line 3277, in open
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\Image.py", line 3263, in _open_core
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\ImageFile.py", line 117, in __init__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\PngImagePlugin.py", line 734, in _open
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\PngImagePlugin.py", line 203, in call
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\PngImagePlugin.py", line 569, in chunk_zTXt
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.2\x64\Lib\site-packages\PIL\PngImagePlugin.py", line 150, in _safe_zlib_decompress
ValueError: Decompressed Data Too Large

and many, many games with blank or Invalid image?

Any fix for these issues?
I'm getting the same error during application start. What I have been doing is to close and restart the tool. This (for me) usually fixes it.

If I still get the error, I close all other programs and then try again. Other than that, can't help.
Same goes here, fixed in latest beta

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi,

I wanted to use the software to manage and launch games (mainly HTML) but I have a problem.
How do I open HTML files in the built-in browser? I managed to configure the games by putting the .html (as if it was an .exe) but this opens the html in the default software of the operating system.

Alternatively, allow copying the full path of the "executable" to the clipboard, example: "C:\games\Random_Game\Random_Games_v3\index.html"
To easily paste it manually into the desired browser (like a private browser session).
Correct. The built in browser is quite limited, I'm not too sure it would even run those games properly. And anyway it's not currently configured to open them. I can try to do that tho, shouldn't be too difficult

Reactions: BrockLanders

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Not sure anymore who suggested it long ago, think it was a couple people atleast.

now game executables are saved relatively to the exe dir you set, if they are inside that folder. So later on you can move the folder, change the exe dir setting, and they all still work

let me know how it goes in the latest beta

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi,

implemented in latest beta i made just a few minutes ago, give it a try. seems to open normal html files just fine. note that if you have things opening new tabs or some very complex scripts it might not behave correctly

Reactions: fds7s56d4f56s546

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I'm getting this error when I click on refresh.

I can't add the check_broken.bin file so I added it as a .rar file.
View attachment 3268932

I have had this error for a few days. Do you know how to solve this?
today started getting same error as post above - check_broken and Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
i would say that was a temporary issue? seems like the fast check dedicated API was returning no response for a bit? say if it keeps happening, i personally havent seen it

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
As I said above, you can already choose a default game directory. Why not add the option to make game paths relative to that directory instead of setting direct paths.
making the exe dir the default path for all games upon you can enter a relative path to the exe itself. This way it'll be possible to move all games to a bigger hard drive without re-entering all path to the games again.
see this:

Not sure anymore who suggested it long ago, think it was a couple people atleast.

now game executables are saved relatively to the exe dir you set, if they are inside that folder. So later on you can move the folder, change the exe dir setting, and they all still work

let me know how it goes in the latest beta

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes