Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Just a FYI for WillyJL Build 1081 on Ubuntu 23.10. While the current stable build works well enough, in spite of what I assume is Wayland issues, this latest build is a little uncooperative in that I can't move the window or right-click to bring up a menu to quit.

fds7s56d4f56s546

Jan 18, 2024
I just figured it out from reading the OP. I couldn't download the builds because I wasn't connected to github ^^

I just tested on a few games:
  • The games tested open well (including paths with problematic characters).
  • However there is a lack of fluidity (when scrolling for example, there is a kind of latency which does not exist in other browsers).
  • I also had a curious problem with the game "Young Maria" which offers an online and offline version (to access the game images).
    • Both versions work well in Chrome
    • Only the offline version works on the F95checker browser (although the software has internet access because it can access the F95 forum).
    • This doesn't pose a problem for me personally, but I'm pointing it out.
I'll try testing more games to see if certain image/video/sound formats/codecs cause problems.

Otherwise, the paths "relatively to the exe dir" are a good thing!

Would it be possible, as for the URL to the f95 thread and the thread id, to add a button to copy the full path of the game to the clipboard?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
However there is a lack of fluidity (when scrolling for example, there is a kind of latency which does not exist in other browsers).
if you mean the stutter scrolling instead of smooth scrolling, that is because it is not implemented in the bare chromium engine, which this uses through qt webengine. full browsers add smooth scrolling on top.
if instead you mean that it is kinda laggy, it might be because the integrated browser does not use hardware acceleration, so it runs off of cpu instead of gpu, which might be problematic for heavier games. the purpose of this was just for login originally, and enabling hardware acceleration only caused issues for some users, and provided no benefit. not gonna change that.

Only the offline version works on the F95checker browser (although the software has internet access because it can access the F95 forum).
i would assume this is something that this game in particular does, by checking what kind of browser it is in, or by requiring non-standard browser features.

add a button to copy the full path of the game to the clipboard?
possible yeah, but not sure on the need for it... theres a open folder button lol

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Just a FYI for WillyJL Build 1081 on Ubuntu 23.10. While the current stable build works well enough, in spite of what I assume is Wayland issues, this latest build is a little uncooperative in that I can't move the window or right-click to bring up a menu to quit.
hmmm could you go back a bit and try to see from which beta it starts breaking?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Only the offline version works on the F95checker browser (although the software has internet access because it can access the F95 forum).
actually just found something while tinkering with the integrated browser...
app.window.webview.page.settings().testAttribute(QtWebEngineCore.QWebEngineSettings.WebAttribute.LocalContentCanAccessFileUrls) = True
app.window.webview.page.settings().testAttribute(QtWebEngineCore.QWebEngineSettings.WebAttribute.LocalContentCanAccessRemoteUrls) = False
local files dont have access to external urls... so if it is a local saved html file that is trying to load from a remote URL, that is what is failing.

Reactions: hu lover

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
if instead you mean that it is kinda laggy, it might be because the integrated browser does not use hardware acceleration, so it runs off of cpu instead of gpu, which might be problematic for heavier games. the purpose of this was just for login originally, and enabling hardware acceleration only caused issues for some users, and provided no benefit. not gonna change that.
instead looks like i will.
i made it into a setting, now uses hardware acceleration by default, can be disabled (as in, enabling the software webview toggle) for those that have issues.

back in the day when this was brought up it was blackop and Kalros6000 that had issues with the login page being empty. maybe let me know how it goes on latest build

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
hmmm could you go back a bit and try to see from which beta it starts breaking?
The earliest I could download, that hadn't expired on Github, was 1072, though that one wouldn't even run. 1073 runs but already has the problem. Just to be very clear, this is what the tool looks like now. It's the grey 'bar' on top I interact with when moving and closing the app.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

fds7s56d4f56s546

Jan 18, 2024
fds7s56d4f56s546 i made the changes above, and also fixed the extension in integrated browser. let me know how it goes
I want to test but having local compilation problems I only go through github, and it seems that there is also a problem compiling the latest Windows builds

if you mean the stutter scrolling instead of smooth scrolling, that is because it is not implemented in the bare chromium engine, which this uses through qt webengine. full browsers add smooth scrolling on top.
I think this is indeed the problem. I understand that solving this problem could lead to many changes quite far from the initial interest of the software.
I will test with hardware acceleration when I have access to a build.

possible yeah, but not sure on the need for it... theres a open folder button lol
Having the path in the clipboard is also very useful for loading the saves of the game that you have exported.
Either because the backups are in the same folder (or close to it).
Either by playing with batch scripts (what I want to do) to transform the contents of the clipboard , for example:
"Z:\game\game_1\game_1-v0.1\index.html"
"Z:\game_saves\game_1\"
At worst, yes, there is the alternative by opening the folder and then copying the path.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I want to test but having local compilation problems I only go through github, and it seems that there is also a problem compiling the latest Windows builds
Damn yeah something broke in cxfreeze

I think this is indeed the problem. I understand that solving this problem could lead to many changes quite far from the initial interest of the software.
I will test with hardware acceleration when I have access to a build.
I actually found out it's in chromium, just needs to be enabled. There's smooth scrolling now. And as I said in another post, gpu acceleration too

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
fds7s56d4f56s546 i have got it to build now, let me know how it goes with the integrated browser.

to do that, i bumped the python and cx_Freeze versions. and there were also some changes to do with gpu acceleration for the intergrated/login browser.
LucasG Kalros6000 das1234 fanzonz blackop dave082 bitogno Jarulf shmanzu kitkat102 zweistein batblue U330661 tonyalfonso7 Pendrell Josephkink_2H AmBush-UK im pinging you guys as i see you mentioned issues with linux/macos in the past. would love to know if the latest beta build runs for you considering those changes.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Feature request: Save the last played version of the game alongside the last played date.

Sometimes a game has an update but the version just changed from "0.17.6" to "0.17.8" which is a minor change and for certain games I'm only interested in major version changes. Having the last played version would be beyond great.
Version tracking is one of the biggest reason i use this tool

what i do is, dont check "downloaded" until you start playing (or finish) that version of the game. That way my "last downloaded" version is technically my "last played version".

And I keep a note for each game eg: 0.1 meaning wait till 1 major update or 0.0.3 meaning wait for atleast 3 minor updates for enough content to play. Then i just look at those 2 before i download, if the update is a minor one, ill just check "played", and have my games sorted by "played" status
im working on this right now. i have it setup where it will simply remember the game's installed version whenever you enable the played checkbox, inside a finished version variable. i dont want any complex logic like what installed has. i just want the played/finished checkbox to be a checkbox, and when you mark it as played it will remember the version you had installed at that time.

what i am split on is how to show this finished version. first of all, definitely dont want it to show if it is marked as played, like the installed box does, it doesnt show the installed version if it matches the current latest version. the question is where to show the finished/played version when it is not marked as played. one option would be to add it to the normal version text. if the game is outdated, show installed version and latest version. once it is installed and updated, show played vs current version. this has the possible issue of hiding the played version when the game updates, because you will see installed and current versions. but showing all 3 versions in the same text string is too much...

one option is to remove the installed version from the normal version text. leave the version text for the latest version. show the installed version when you hover over the installed checkboxes. same goes for played/finished version, show it when hovering over the played checkboxes. and by this i mean when these are not checked, so you get a hover popup for installed version when the game is not installed on latest version, and you get last played version hover popup when the played checkbox is unselected.

then theres also the naming problem. "played version" would sound associated with "last played", but last played is when you clicked play, not when you marked the game as finished playing. but the "played" checkbox indicates finishing playing, not having played it in any amount. so i am thinking of renaming "played" to "finished", so then we have "finished version" and "last played". i think this makes more sense for naming.

also ping FaceCrap GrammerCop GAB estrada777 for thoughts as "power users"

EDIT: actually would make more sense to again do something similar to the installed checkbox for the finished checkbox.
unselected when not finished ever. half selected when finished version doesnt match latest version, but it was finished in the past. full selected when finished version matches latest version.

i explained it better here

Last edited:

picey

Nov 7, 2019
I also confirm for my part that the "Young Maria" problem of accessing an external URL from a local file has been corrected.

However there seems to be a new error when launching some games (the game crashes on launch).

Example The Company - https://f95zone.to/threads/the-company-v5-8-0-public-westane.4153/
logs :
doh set to "" -- SystemOnly
js: Config.saves.onSave has been deprecated, use the Save.onSave API instead
js: Config.saves.onLoad has been deprecated, use the Save.onLoad API instead
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\webview.py", line 138, in handle
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'encode'

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I also confirm for my part that the "Young Maria" problem of accessing an external URL from a local file has been corrected.

However there seems to be a new error when launching some games (the game crashes on launch).

Example The Company - https://f95zone.to/threads/the-company-v5-8-0-public-westane.4153/
logs :
doh set to "" -- SystemOnly
js: Config.saves.onSave has been deprecated, use the Save.onSave API instead
js: Config.saves.onLoad has been deprecated, use the Save.onLoad API instead
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\webview.py", line 138, in handle
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'encode'
thats very weird... that part of code is used to handle RPC now... previously the integrated browser directly connected to f95checker on localhost, but since the integrated browser doesnt support extensions, the extension code is injected into the website directly and has to abide by the website policies, which recently changed and forbade the RPC from connecting to localhost. so i changed it to use qt webchannels which should work separately of web security policies. but the issue here is that the RPC handler is fed list data, when it should only receive strings or bytes. this RPC handler should only be called from the integrated extension javascript, and in there it only passes string data to the RPC handler... this leads me to believe that this game might be doing very weird things to other scripts it sees injected into the page, trying to probe them with random data...

apsentibus

Jun 22, 2019
Update: I just checked and confirmed that the proxy service I'm using doesn't include a dedicated VPN server, so technically I'm not using a VPN.
To people in the same situation as mine: this tool will not work with proxies without a VPN server.

Original post:
Due to regional restrictions I have to use a VPN to access F95, and sadly this tool doesn't work for me (v10.2). The connection request to F95Zone always fails, although with my (paid) VPN on I could always access F95 on my browser smoothly without problem.
I restarted my PC, toggled my VPN on before running F95checker, set workers to 1, and it's always 0% after I press refresh and before it shows connection failure.
I'm not familiar with coding. Could the reason be their accessing actions are based on different internet protocol layers? Just like I cannot access f95zone.to with ping command in CMD even with my VPN on, because VPN is based on SOCKS which is on Session Layer (layer 5) while cmd ping action is based on ICMP on Network Layer (layer 3).

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
EDIT: actually would make more sense to again do something similar to the installed checkbox for the finished checkbox.
unselected when not finished ever. half selected when finished version doesnt match latest version, but it was finished in the past. full selected when finished version matches latest version.
to better explain what i mean, this is how i made it work

before
1705893765311.png

theres an update
1705893861011.png

installed the update
1705893883124.png

finished the update
1705893896789.png

version text will only show latest as per the forum, everywhere (grid, kanban...). installed and finished version shows only in these popups.

Reactions: GAB

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Could the reason be their accessing actions are based on different internet protocol layers? Just like I cannot access f95zone.to with ping command in CMD even with my VPN on, because VPN is based on SOCKS which is on Session Layer (layer 5) while cmd ping action is based on ICMP on Network Layer (layer 3).
very possible. and thats why as far as i know, SOCKS stuff is not a VPN, but a proxy. proxy needs to be implemented in application layer, which i dont do and dont plan on doing. VPN works at OS layer

Reactions: apsentibus

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
to better explain what i mean, this is how i made it work

before
View attachment 3285461

theres an update
View attachment 3285465

installed the update
View attachment 3285467

finished the update
View attachment 3285468

version text will only show latest as per the forum, everywhere (grid, kanban...). installed and finished version shows only in these popups.
Not gonna lie, I don't think the behavior of those buttons does anything for me. Granted my use case for your app is probably waaaay different than everybody else's.

Reactions: WillyJL

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I tried both 1085 and 1088.
The first runs mostly correctly, but still has the Wayland issues. I'm wondering if this is something wrong with QT/Wayland/whatever on my system rather than anything to do with F95Checker

1088 won't run.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes