Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
When an update comes out, I like that the installed and played checkboxes are changed. When I download, extract, etc., I check the installed box. When I get around to playing it, I check the played box.

I think it is a bit much to keep track of the last played version except perhaps as an additional display field. I also think it would lead to confusion down the road. For instance, when you check the played checkbox, which version did you play? And how to select that version? You would need an additional table to keep track of the versions.
the screenshots i posted after show the intended usage of it. as for the finished checkbox, it will always indicate whether the installed version has been played to finish. once an update comes, what is installed is still finished, so plaed remains. but installed is not latest, so installed checkbox is half set. next, mark as fully installed, now it knows that what is installed is not the version you played to finish, so the finished checkbox is half set. i have explained it more in the updated FAQ on github, will port it here once the update is out.

i know change is annoying to get used to, but after that step i feel like this will be a lot better and more intuitive. or at the very least, provide with more useful info to remember how much you played and how much content you have yet to play.

A slight nitpick is that I usually have my games sort desc by "Finished" so I can keep the unfinished games at the top.
Now the unfinished games are split in the list where the old ones that have not been updated since upgrading to this new system are completely unchecked and at the top of the list, and the half-checked ones are at the bottom of the list with the finished in the middle of them. Tried to filter by finished and it only shows unchecked and invert shows half & full checked which doesn't help
Not a big deal, it'll eventually get sorted out over time (hopefully not too long or i might just go through and edit the db directly), just a minor inconvenience
i hear you on that, and i have a similar issue myself. i use multisort with (in order) installed, finished, last updated, all 3 in ascending (triangle pointing up) order.
previously, this had games that i need to update at the very top, then games that are installed but not yet played, then installed and played.
now however, it means that i have in order:
- not finished, needs update
- half finished, installed
- finished, installed
- not finished, installed
ideally, the last one would be in second place. that would being it back to the same usage as i had before.
but while thinking about this, i noticed that changing it to this behavior would mean that by sorting just by finished, you get in order not finished, half finished, fully finished. which is more correct than the current order of half finished, fully finished, not finished.
however, the same issue applies to the installed column. there, it sorts in order of half installed, fully installed, not installed.
but changing installed to be "correct" and do in order not installed, half installed, fully installed, would completely make my old setup impossible with the new system...
so yeah not sure yet what to do

Also I went through and clicked downloaded for all the games i have downloaded but since i didnt have them marked as played i lost the last version :cry:
yeah it will take some getting used to, but its for the best

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I mean, if like @jeff100 said, the current version goes from 0.17.6 -> 0.17.8, and 0.17.6 is the last played version... why on earth would you then muck with the checkboxes? Leave them as-is and when the next major update comes around, the listview AND the info popup will still show the last played (better said, currently installed) version as 0.17.6
EXACTLY. i think you misunderstood what i meant.
say you install 17.6, mark as installed. play it, mark as played. now installed = 17.6, played = 17.6. an update comes, version = 17.8.
however, still installed = 17.6 and played = 17.6, so the checkboxes now are "finished = fully checked" (because you finished playing what is installed), and "installed = half checked" (because what is installed is not the latest). so then you leave it like that for a while since it was a minor update. another update comes around, version = 18.0. this you want to play, so download and mark as installed, installed = 18.0, finished = 17.6. checkboxes are now "finished = half checked" and "installed = fully checked". right now, hovering over the finished checkbox will show you the finished vs installed version numbers.

at the end of the day, this change means *less* fucking around with checkboxes, since they dont have a mind of their own. or if it really bothers you that it knows the latest isnt installed, then you can mark it as fully installed, then click the finished one right after, and they both become fully checked again.

look at the screenshots i sent, and read the FAQ on github that i changed yesterday

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
EXACTLY. i think you misunderstood what i meant.
say you install 17.6, mark as installed. play it, mark as played. now installed = 17.6, played = 17.6. an update comes, version = 17.8.
however, still installed = 17.6 and played = 17.6, so the checkboxes now are "finished = fully checked" (because you finished playing what is installed), and "installed = half checked" (because what is installed is not the latest). so then you leave it like that for a while since it was a minor update. another update comes around, version = 18.0. this you want to play, so download and mark as installed, installed = 18.0, finished = 17.6. checkboxes are now "finished = half checked" and "installed = fully checked". right now, hovering over the finished checkbox will show you the finished vs installed version numbers.

at the end of the day, this change means *less* fucking around with checkboxes, since they dont have a mind of their own. or if it really bothers you that it knows the latest isnt installed, then you can mark it as fully installed, then click the finished one right after, and they both become fully checked again.

look at the screenshots i sent, and read the FAQ on github that i changed yesterday
Truth be told, I only synced the repo last saturday, didn't even downloaded a new version yet. I just came home again an hour ago, since I was at my son's baby sitting as the father of his 'wife' was terminal and they wanted to be there.
I'll have a look and see how they act but from what you just said, I take it the checkbox behavior is slightly changed.

EDIT: Crap, you've been busy... 19 commits behind...

EDIT2: Damn, even a database change... ok, I see I've got some catching up to do... gonna take some time to get all this actualized in my play version.

EDIT3: Hmmm... Listview now only shows one version and the icons are gone... that's going to take some getting used to, since I can't see which version I actually have installed anymore in one glance. Now only after hovering the yellow star icon...

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
but from what you just said, I take it the checkbox behavior is slightly changed.
changed, yes. for the better, i think so. less cumbersome than before, i think so too. annoying to adapt to, definitely.

Damn, even a database change...
yeah mostly for the played->finished checkbox rename and behavior change. stores strings now instead of bool. also added a new setting for software webview

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
And the option to force "Software mode" is disabled when integrated browser is selected, yet enabled when any other browser is selected.
fixed that just now

With the integrated browser, when opening a thread and the page fully loads, it just freezes then closes.
i suspect thats a problem with the new RPC method... got any crash logs?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
1. Display links with added games ! (most helpful feature)

3.png 3.png (It would be nice to be able to choose the colour and the icon symbol)

6.png 6.png 9.png
already adds icons next to game you have added, so i take this request is about changing the colors for them. not so sure about that to be honest
if it doesnt do that for you i think its because it was made to support many other link types by littleraisins and he contributed it to my repo, but its not in a full release yet. install the addon from beta version and it works.

2. Different lists

2.png 2.png (It would be nice to be able to change the names of the lists)
4.png
this one im the most on t
3. Tag highlighting : positive, negative, critical

01.png 01.png 2.png 2.png 4.png 4.png 5.png
now that is a good idea. doing it on forum too might be finnecky, but in the tool most definitely something ill add.

1. It would be nice to have the option to merge/group multiple games. For example, I merge/group three games: "Game G," "Game T," "Game Z." I press "sort by name," and all the games are arranged by name, but grouped games stays together

301.png 301.png

And so with other sorting methods, the merged/grouped games always stay together.

This kind of merging/grouping would prevent similar games, or games grouped by personal criteria, from scattering throughout the list and would provide extra navigation tools.
By merging/grouping games, they would always stay together regardless of any sorting manipulations.
  1. 1. It would also be nice to be able to collapse grouped games 3021.png
not entirely sure how i'd even go about implementing that, so this is definitely a no for now.

2. It would also be great to add the option to pin games, so that pinned games are always at the top, and pinned games can be manually reordered. For example, I want "Game O" to be at the top, "Game U" in the second position, and "Game R" in the third.

302.png
maybe yeah, bit lower priority but i see the use here.
he fence about. will take a lot of thinking. but as ive said in the past (not sure if publicly), i eventually intend to sit down and comb through all the changes littleraisins had made and see what i was to keep, what i want to change, and what i dont think should be in.

Reactions: Sober-man

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
EDIT3: Hmmm... Listview now only shows one version and the icons are gone... that's going to take some getting used to, since I can't see which version I actually have installed anymore in one glance. Now only after hovering the yellow star icon...
and when hovering the installed checkbox, if it is half checked.
although, i could make new column options to show other version types (not in new columns, just you enable in the column selection which kind of versions you want to see in the same place as before)

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
i eventually intend to sit down and comb through all the changes littleraisins had made and see what i was to keep, what i want to change, and what i dont think should be in.
LOL, wait until you see what I did with the leftovers :D

Ok, grid view and kanban view...I can't see the immediate value of no more labels in front of the dates. The vertical gain is minimal, aside from that. Tooltips for which date is which would be handy, those icons don't tell me much...

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
LOL, wait until you see what I did with the leftovers :D

Ok, grid view and kanban view...I can't see the immediate value of no more labels in front of the dates. The vertical gain is minimal, aside from that. Tooltips for which date is which would be handy, those icons don't tell me much...
I kinda rushed the icons, I'll take a better look. Tool tips sound good. Disagree on vertical save, I think it's a lot cleaner now

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
already adds icons next to game you have added, so i take this request is about changing the colors for them. not so sure about that to be honest
if it doesnt do that for you i think its because it was made to support many other link types by littleraisins and he contributed it to my repo, but its not in a full release yet. install the addon from beta version and it works.
The point is that games added to different lists are marked with different icons. littleraisins had three lists: 1 tracked, 2 reminders, 3 favorites. these 3 lists are useful too
it is very useful when the game link shows which list the game is in.

here's the actual screenshot, not edited.
11.png
so I was wondering if you would add that too ( I'd like to) (sorry if there was a misunderstanding, English is not my native language)
If I understood correctly you will do it, three lists with different icon displays on the site

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I also confirm for my part that the "Young Maria" problem of accessing an external URL from a local file has been corrected.

However there seems to be a new error when launching some games (the game crashes on launch).

Example The Company - https://f95zone.to/threads/the-company-v5-8-0-public-westane.4153/
logs :
doh set to "" -- SystemOnly
js: Config.saves.onSave has been deprecated, use the Save.onSave API instead
js: Config.saves.onLoad has been deprecated, use the Save.onLoad API instead
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\webview.py", line 138, in handle
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'encode'
fixed this issue, beta build soon. have to say though, that game is doing some very sketchy things to the javascript environment... it managed to pollute the RPC functions with garbage data

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
fixed that just now

i suspect thats a problem with the new RPC method... got any crash logs?
had to run debug to get the error in terminal. I have RPC disabled.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

for the db i did it the caveman way of comparing the columns and copying what i missed :)

as for the sorting, since i messed up the last finished version anyway, i set all the unfinished games to finished = 0. now they are all half-checked and with sort finished asc now all my unfinished games are at the top

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientConnectorError: Cannot connect to host 127.0.0.1:57095 ssl:default [The remote computer refused the network connection]
thats... peculiar... so it worked with localhost but not with 127.0.0.1? what goofy firewall do you have setup?

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
thats... peculiar... so it worked with localhost but not with 127.0.0.1? what goofy firewall do you have setup?
haha i don't even know, between Hyper-V virtual switches, modified hosts file with loopbacks then firewall blocks, manual ip configs, random firewall rules, kaspersky free antivirus blockings some ports.
My configs are a mess, im amazed my laptop can even connect to the internet

I've actually noticed some of my programs work the opposite way around where localhost didnt work but 127.0.0.1 worked.. so im even more confused now as to whats happening with my config

Luci3per

Apr 5, 2023
Good day,
please help me with some problems...
1. is it possible to convert F95Checker to my native language? (I found something, but I don't understand it at all.. I don't know anything about programming) ... the ideal would be a library that I could just copy somewhere ..
2. Is there a way to set F95Checker to start with already set filters, e.g. installed, played, archived .....?
3. if I have a game that is not from F95, is there a way to set all the attributes? In custom, I'm missing the last update attribute, for example...
I'm sorry my English is very bad and that's why everything is done through a translator ....
Thank you all in advance for your help....

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
2. Is there a way to set F95Checker to start with already set filters, e.g. installed, played, archived .....?
3. if I have a game that is not from F95, is there a way to set all the attributes? In custom, I'm missing the last update attribute, for example...
both of these are implemented in beta. check the FAQ for how to get the beta.

1. is it possible to convert F95Checker to my native language? (I found something, but I don't understand it at all.. I don't know anything about programming) ... the ideal would be a library that I could just copy somewhere ..
translations are not a thing yet nor on the radar any time soon

Luci3per

Apr 5, 2023
both of these are implemented in beta. check the FAQ for how to get the beta.

translations are not a thing yet nor on the radar any time soon
Thanks for the very quick reply....
Features work 100 percent ....
However....
d:\Download\F95Checker-Windows\lib\PyQt6\Qt6\translations\qtwebengine_locales\cs.then ....
Can it be used for translation somehow??? I found it by chance and I was quite interested in it, but as I said, I can't program and I don't really know how to use it....

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Thanks for the very quick reply....
Features work 100 percent ....
However....
d:\Download\F95Checker-Windows\lib\PyQt6\Qt6\translations\qtwebengine_locales\cs.then ....
Can it be used for translation somehow??? I found it by chance and I was quite interested in it, but as I said, I can't program and I don't really know how to use it....
That's for qt, it's used in the web browser windows. The main interface does not use qt, it's custom made

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes