Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Would there be any way to have two different libraries on one PC? I want to track two distinct sets of games, ones that I work on and ones that I play.

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Just as a notice: if i put the Checker in bg-mode and get an alert, the systray-icon is stuck as bulb and never changes back (during runtime, closing and reopening resets it)

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
WillyJL Uh oh, I think i broke something. I tried moving the checker to a new PC and just grabbed the json file and dropped it in the appdata directory, now when the app refreshes it says it is downloading a bunch of image files, but there are very few that actually get saved, then it hangs with "Downloading x images" with x being some number and it stays that way forever.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Would there be any way to have two different libraries on one PC? I want to track two distinct sets of games, ones that I work on and ones that I play.
you would have to swap the config files... you might make it work with some batch scripts so that when you open one it copies one config and the other manager the other config like

config1: %appdata%\f95checker\config1.json
config2: %appdata%\f95checker\config2.json

script1:
copy %appdata%\f95checker\config1.json to %appdata%\f95checker\f95checker.json
open checker
copy %appdata%\f95checker\f95checker.json to %appdata%\f95checker\config1.json

script2:
copy %appdata%\f95checker\config2.json to %appdata%\f95checker\f95checker.json
open checker
copy %appdata%\f95checker\f95checker.json to %appdata%\f95checker\config2.json

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Just as a notice: if i put the Checker in bg-mode and get an alert, the systray-icon is stuck as bulb and never changes back (during runtime, closing and reopening resets it)
idk, for me it does change back after some time...

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
WillyJL Uh oh, I think i broke something. I tried moving the checker to a new PC and just grabbed the json file and dropped it in the appdata directory, now when the app refreshes it says it is downloading a bunch of image files, but there are very few that actually get saved, then it hangs with "Downloading x images" with x being some number and it stays that way forever.
it might just be taking a while...? maybe enable debug mode in the config and send a log in my dms if it really doesnt progress

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
idk, for me it does change back after some time...
well, not for me. i don't use the build-in view alerts function cause i don't have a supported browser installed (if it is connected to that), and switching between gui and bg doesn't change it (would be the fastest fix to implement if no cause can be found).
(just noticed: the first check the tray icon changes to a loading symbol, then to the bulb and then it's stuck. without an alert it keeps switching between the logo and the reload-symbol as intended)
EDIT: Just went into the source and i can't even find when the bulb is changed and where it comes from... seems the times are gone when i could read the code like a good book

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
well, not for me. i don't use the build-in view alerts function cause i don't have a supported browser installed (if it is connected to that), and switching between gui and bg doesn't change it (would be the fastest fix to implement if no cause can be found).
(just noticed: the first check the tray icon changes to a loading symbol, then to the bulb and then it's stuck. without an alert it keeps switching between the logo and the reload-symbol as intended)
EDIT: Just went into the source and i can't even find when the bulb is changed and where it comes from... seems the times are gone when i could read the code like a good book
bulb is not applied by me, its done by your desktop environment... when you send a desktop notification, atleast on windows, it has to be associated with a tray icon. on linux this is not the case but how i spawn the notifications is through the tray icon regardless, so your DE detects that the notification is coming from that icon so it changes to a bulb... thats my best guess... maybe clearing the notification history can help?

sunachichi

Mar 27, 2021
Great tool! I just downloaded it and liked it although can I ask on your next update can you please add on auto sort the "recently updated" instead of showing a version, thanks

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Great tool! I just downloaded it and liked it although can I ask on your next update can you please add on auto sort the "recently updated" instead of showing a version, thanks
i dont really understand your request, but i think you are misinterpreting what "last updated" does. using "last updated" will put the games that have been updated the most recently to the top of the list. this, however, depends on when the tool found out about the update. so if you have just added the games, it will have no knowledge of when the last update for each games was. it will instead use the date of when you added the game to the tool. i know this is not ideal but there is no reliable way to get the last update timestamp reliably as of now.

• Angry
Reactions: sunachichi

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
maybe clearing the notification history can help?
well... nope, doesn't work. At least it's only a minor optical flaw, everything else still works as intended with longer runtimes (max was 5 days so far, had to install nvidia drivers after that:rolleyes:).

• Sad
Reactions: WillyJL

sunachichi

Mar 27, 2021
i dont really understand your request, but i think you are misinterpreting what "last updated" does. using "last updated" will put the games that have been updated the most recently to the top of the list. this, however, depends on when the tool found out about the update. so if you have just added the games, it will have no knowledge of when the last update for each games was. it will instead use the date of when you added the game to the tool. i know this is not ideal but there is no reliable way to get the last update timestamp reliably as of now.
Thanks for clarifying about "Last Updated" button I got confused because I thought it was supposed to sort the games that are updated last on my list. My bad for not reading it correctly (I think I'm kinda dyslexic). Anyway, Keep up the Good work!

• Red Heart

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Thanks for clarifying about "Last Updated" button I got confused because I thought it was supposed to sort the games that are updated last on my list. My bad for not reading it correctly (I think I'm kinda dyslexic). Anyway, Keep up the Good work!
yea i can see how it can be confusing. however i have planned a full rework of the sorting, which will also add proper filtering, and this will add a completely new pane on the right side and next to the sort option you will have a button to inverse the sort anyway. and ill probably change it from last updated to recently updated for clarity

Kroelle Cook

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2018
Exactly the same issue as mine. If you look closely an other window does open - but it's just black with no entry fields. Have tried to change the color scheme but it doesn't help.
HA!!!! Got it!!!!
None of the other suggestions posted here seemed to solve my particular problem, so I figured I would just wait for an update. Today however I thought I might give it another try. So I downloaded the tool again and just ran it directly from my download folder - and it worked o_O
Then I moved the folder to a different location on another drive, and then my previous problem reappeared. Hmmmm..... I have now worked out that running from any location on my d: drive does not work, but running from any location on my c: drive does work - go figure...
Anyway - I'm really excited to give this tool a try now (y)

Noctie666

Dec 5, 2021
This is exactly what I needed and it's an invaluable tool. Watching threads is a mess since you get notifications for every reply and 99% of the time it has nothing to do with the game being updated.
Thank you good Sir!

• Red Heart

Soulonus

Dec 23, 2021
Thanks for sharing this amazing tool!

I have been working on a similar tool before I found this, I might still complete it just for the experience of completing a finished product

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Haven't looked at your software in a while, I can see you plan to add game tags etc at some point which is good and very helpful but I was wondering if you've considered some of these features as well.

A pre-set games path so when you add a game and 'locate' it, it will instead move it to where you've set in the program and adjust the folder name as required (E.g just the game name, or maybe adds version number too?)
Adding on to this, I guess keeping the 'saves' folder (atleast in renpy games, unsure on others) when you update the game and it replaces what exists.
Layout options? Instead of having them in a list you could have something similar to what the website does here with Latest Updates.

I guess adding onto that last one, perhaps you could remove the side-bar with all the options to be a top or bottom panel, might look better I have no idea.

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
A pre-set games path so when you add a game and 'locate' it, it will instead move it to where you've set in the program and adjust the folder name as required (E.g just the game name, or maybe adds version number too?)
Adding on to this, I guess keeping the 'saves' folder (atleast in renpy games, unsure on others) when you update the game and it replaces what exists.
As I understand it, right now it can keep the game path after updates if you remove the version number from the folder. Folders with changing version numbers may be possible in future according to the dev (might be via editing the path manually in the config file).

RenPy has two saves-positions (win and linux at least), one in the game folder and one in the users path (unsure where exactly in win or mac, linux has a .renpy folder in home dir). If you want to keep the one inside the game dir, the best way would be a script to move it temporarily away (be aware: some games come with saves included, so the script should check before merging folders unpredictable)

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
Hey WillyJL, I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm still getting connection errors even after downloading the certificate and all the latest windows updates. Is there any other solution or do I just have to wait for Microsoft to push an update?

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes