Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Hey WillyJL, I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm still getting connection errors even after downloading the certificate and all the latest windows updates. Is there any other solution or do I just have to wait for Microsoft to push an update?
Not sure it's a problem with windows right now as i getting some on linux too since yesterday
(Real connection errors would be strange if they only affect one thing and all others like downloads or streams are unaffected)

Just tried it with python3 ./F95Checker.py
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yohudood

May 6, 2017
RenPy has two saves-positions (win and linux at least), one in the game folder and one in the users path (unsure where exactly in win or mac, linux has a .renpy folder in home dir). If you want to keep the one inside the game dir, the best way would be a script to move it temporarily away (be aware: some games come with saves included, so the script should check before merging folders unpredictable)
windows : C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy or via the shortcut %appdata%\RenPy

Reactions: WillyJL

Dragzner

Aug 17, 2019
Error.png
Got this from trying to run NTR by Phone through f95checker, but works fine when manually clicking on the exe file.
Tried attaching the play button to a bat file that would then run the exe file, but same thing as before; bat file runs fine, running through f95checker throws out the same error.

• Wow

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
windows : C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy or via the shortcut %appdata%\RenPy
Likewise, for Mac, it's: /Users/<your username>/Library/RenPy

Library is a hidden directory, so if you're not on the command line, you'll have to enable hidden files with shift-command-period to see it.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
As I understand it, right now it can keep the game path after updates if you remove the version number from the folder. Folders with changing version numbers may be possible in future according to the dev (might be via editing the path manually in the config file).
it keeps the exe path after an update if you enable the option in the sidebar. it is up to you what you call the folder. of course if you do enable this it makes sense that the folder name does not contain a version number.
Not sure it's a problem with windows right now as i getting some on linux too since yesterday
(Real connection errors would be strange if they only affect one thing and all others like downloads or streams are unaffected)
(also in reply to Sttav and yohudood ) yea it seems like its not actually an issue with windows but connecting in general. unroot alreaddy sent the log, please you other two also enable debug mode in the config (%appdata%\f95checker\f95checker.json, you will see a "debug": false, change to true (only do this while the tool is closed!)), run the tool again until you get the issue and send me (preferably in DM so you don't leak any info) the log file (log.txt or f95checker.log)
View attachment 1603636
Got this from trying to run NTR by Phone through f95checker, but works fine when manually clicking on the exe file.
Tried attaching the play button to a bat file that would then run the exe file, but same thing as before; bat file runs fine, running through f95checker throws out the same error.
that is VERY odd to say the least. i kindly ask you do the samee as above with the debug mode and send me a log after this happened

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
it keeps the exe path after an update if you enable the option in the sidebar. it is up to you what you call the folder. of course if you do enable this it makes sense that the folder name does not contain a version number.

(also in reply to Sttav and yohudood ) yea it seems like its not actually an issue with windows but connecting in general. unroot alreaddy sent the log, please you other two also enable debug mode in the config (%appdata%\f95checker\f95checker.json, you will see a "debug": false, change to true (only do this while the tool is closed!)), run the tool again until you get the issue and send me (preferably in DM so you don't leak any info) the log file (log.txt or f95checker.log)

that is VERY odd to say the least. i kindly ask you do the samee as above with the debug mode and send me a log after this happened
I enabled debug mode, I recreated the problem but I can't seem to find the log files. Where are they located?

Dragzner

Aug 17, 2019

Two things:
1. The log only ever says "F95Checker v8.5 starting at 19/01/2022 - 13:59:56"
2.By changing my system locale to Japanese a new Error comes up:
Error.png
Translated(with DeepL) it says:
"---------------------------
Application error
---------------------------
Unable to start the application because the required files cannot be created. There may be no free space on the disk.
OK
---------------------------"
, however only half of my disk space is taken. (1TB HD)
Any guesses?

• Thinking Face

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Unable to start the application because the required files cannot be created. There may be no free space on the disk.
Any guesses?
My first guess? Windows is lying about the space.
My best guess? Some software might not be fit to run in environments that are UTF-8 or higher (Only played japanese Games through locale on XP, so i could be wrong cause i never changed my system to Nihon-go)

• Thinking Face

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
Two things:
1. The log only ever says "F95Checker v8.5 starting at 19/01/2022 - 13:59:56"
2.By changing my system locale to Japanese a new Error comes up:
View attachment 1606294
Translated(with DeepL) it says:
"---------------------------
Application error
OK
---------------------------"
Any guesses?

I was very curious why that would happen so I downloaded the game (only 100mb) to try to replicate and I had the same problem.

Dug through the code and tried to strip the code down to isolate the issue

Code:
from subprocess import Popen
exe_path = "./ddntr/ddntr.exe"
parent_path = exe_path[:exe_path.rfind("/")]
exe_path    = exe_path   .replace("/", "\\")
parent_path = parent_path.replace("/", "\\")
Popen([exe_path], cwd=parent_path, shell=True)
ran it using my system's python and it worked..
tried elevated vs non-elevated and shell=True/False, still worked fine.
very weird..

this is what the file structure looks like, ddntr.exe opens up a launcher with settings that you then click "start game"

Code:
"ddntr\readme.txt"
"ddntr\ddntr.exe"
"ddntr\vctdata"
"ddntr\vctdata\vincent.exe"
"ddntr\vctdata\wndt"
"ddntr\vctdata\full.exe"
"ddntr\vctdata\vct.dxr"

• Thinking Face

yohudood

May 6, 2017
same folder as the tool .exe
The last few days I did not have the error and this is what I find in the log

F95Checker v8.5 starting at 23/01/2022 - 18:39:54
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "modules\api.py", line 464, in check
async with globals.http.head(globals.config["games"][game_id]["link"]) as game_check_req:
File "aiohttp\client.py", line 1117, in __aenter__
File "aiohttp\client.py", line 544, in _request
File "aiohttp\client_reqrep.py", line 890, in start
File "aiohttp\streams.py", line 604, in read
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ServerTimeoutError: Timeout on reading data from socket

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
The last few days I did not have the error and this is what I find in the log

F95Checker v8.5 starting at 23/01/2022 - 18:39:54
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "modules\api.py", line 464, in check
async with globals.http.head(globals.config["games"][game_id]["link"]) as game_check_req:
File "aiohttp\client.py", line 1117, in __aenter__
File "aiohttp\client.py", line 544, in _request
File "aiohttp\client_reqrep.py", line 890, in start
File "aiohttp\streams.py", line 604, in read
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ServerTimeoutError: Timeout on reading data from socket
yea well thats a common timeout error, simply your internet was working a little slow at some point...

JohnSmith7M

May 13, 2019
So I have been having an issue trying to add the game Pine Falls to the checker, since the game has two separate parts that cannot be added into the checker.

I am not sure what the best course of action would be regarding this, but besides this small issue this checker was exactly what I was looking for!

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
So I have been having an issue trying to add the game Pine Falls to the checker, since the game has two separate parts that cannot be added into the checker.

I am not sure what the best course of action would be regarding this, but besides this small issue this checker was exactly what I was looking for!
Well, as the Checker is only designed to handle onle file per entry my best guess would be: Write a little script for it that runs instead of the game and asks you which part is to be started.
In bash you could use case for a good menu (maybe even on MacOS).
In Windows i only remember to have done such things in batch (no PowerShell back then).
That may be not the best or smoothest way to do that, but i know it can work that way.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
WillyJL what's the status with the planned features? any release date or features you know will be present in the next version?

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
Just discovered this and started playing with it. I really like the effort! One item I found so far however which would be really good to have is the ability to drag/drop windows internet shortcut (*.url) files to the add game box. In my manual method of tracking games I save off the direct game page link to a directory with the game so whenever I want to play it I have easy reference. It would be killer to be able to just drag those *.url files right over to f95checker to add/import games in batch.

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Just discovered this and started playing with it. I really like the effort! One item I found so far however which would be really good to have is the ability to drag/drop windows internet shortcut (*.url) files to the add game box. In my manual method of tracking games I save off the direct game page link to a directory with the game so whenever I want to play it I have easy reference. It would be killer to be able to just drag those *.url files right over to f95checker to add/import games in batch.
As I understand it, an URL-file is a text-file with a URL or BASEURL line inside (and more that's unneeded here), so it should be possible to let a batch-script read those lines, feed them into a txt-file and make a small AutoIt-macro to copypaste the urls into the Checker (last step could be done by hand or with a macro-programmable keyboard too)

EDIT:
found something that could work for getting all urls into one file (can't test it right now, no windows here)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
everyone is allowed to make that batch-file better cause i couldn't understand most of the if/for params

Last edited:

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
As I understand it, an URL-file is a text-file with a URL or BASEURL line inside (and more that's unneeded here), so it should be possible to let a batch-script read those lines, feed them into a txt-file and make a small AutoIt-macro to copypaste the urls into the Checker (last step could be done by hand or with a macro-programmable keyboard too)
yes the internet shortcut is basically just a url. and yes something like the above would work or could do similar under linux. (thanks for the windows parsing as well btw). I was mainly looking to see if the option could be handled by the application itself however to parse items by drag over as this would be more intuitive for the end user for gui design.

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
yes the internet shortcut is basically just a url. and yes something like the above would work or could do similar under linux. (thanks for the windows parsing as well btw). I was mainly looking to see if the option could be handled by the application itself however to parse items by drag over as this would be more intuitive for the end user for gui design.
adding a feature has to be decided by WillyJL , but asking for it never hurts (Maybe ask for it on Github too). My preference would be to keep the Checker itself as small and fast as possible and to use another subset of tools for such tasks (type of a linux mindset, i think;))

EDIT: I tend to sound like a Moderator sometimes... No worries, I'm just a regular user that likes this nice tool :giggle:

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes