Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

noty2

Jan 6, 2020
I keep getting an error message saying "couldn't connect to f95zone check your internet"
it is fine.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I keep getting an error message saying "couldn't connect to f95zone check your internet"
it is fine.
read this
The current release of f95cjecker is quite old and I’m aware it is quite problematic... in the past 2 months I’ve been rewriting it completely from scratch, and it’s very close to release; totally usable as a replacement for current release. Give the latest build a shot!
Btw that link will always show new builds when I request them
Just look for the newest entry with a green tickmark and download the artifact appropriate for your system. Keep in mind you will need a GitHub account to download the dev builds. Otherwise you can wait about a week or so for the official release, but if you can try out the beta I could also get more feedback about it so please consider it!

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Did you ever run a full refresh since I changed the prefix type thingys shenanigans? Cos internally they are handled numerically so adding or renaming one in this case changed the number for the others
View attachment 1886252
Just right click the refresh button and do a full refresh. If that wasn’t the issue let me know and I’ll look more into it
yeah that fixed, wow 1350 out of 1410 were wrong XD

• Haha
Reactions: WillyJL

sim64k

Aug 18, 2017
Upon attempting to download requirements I get the following error:
Keep in mind like most people I have a 64 bit system.

Collecting aiohttp
Using cached aiohttp-3.8.1-cp310-cp310-manylinux_2_5_x86_64.manylinux1_x86_64.manylinux_2_12_x86_64.manylinux2010_x86_64.whl (1.2 MB)
Downloading aiohttp-3.8.0-cp310-cp310-manylinux_2_5_x86_64.manylinux1_x86_64.manylinux_2_12_x86_64.manylinux2010_x86_64.whl (1.2 MB)
|████████████████████████████████| 1.2 MB 114 kB/s
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pywin32
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pywin32

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Upon attempting to download requirements I get the following error:
Keep in mind like most people I have a 64 bit system.

Collecting aiohttp
Using cached aiohttp-3.8.1-cp310-cp310-manylinux_2_5_x86_64.manylinux1_x86_64.manylinux_2_12_x86_64.manylinux2010_x86_64.whl (1.2 MB)
Downloading aiohttp-3.8.0-cp310-cp310-manylinux_2_5_x86_64.manylinux1_x86_64.manylinux_2_12_x86_64.manylinux2010_x86_64.whl (1.2 MB)
|████████████████████████████████| 1.2 MB 114 kB/s
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pywin32
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pywin32
there should be a requirements_linux.txt, if its not there simply remove pywin32 from the requirrements file. as the name suggests, pywin32 is windows specific and thats why it cant find a version suitable for you

sim64k

Aug 18, 2017
Did as requested, am still getting an error:

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Did as requested, am still getting an error:
by the output of the previous pip command it looks like it installed in user folders, while im guessing python itself is searching in system folders. if you set it up that way yourself youll have a different python executable, run F95Checker.py with that python. if thats not the case then try running the pip command with sudo aswell.

or avoid all that crap and try the upcoming release. betas are very close to release and totally usable as a replacement to the current "stable" version which is a mess.
read here
The current release of f95cjecker is quite old and I’m aware it is quite problematic... in the past 2 months I’ve been rewriting it completely from scratch, and it’s very close to release; totally usable as a replacement for current release. Give the latest build a shot!
Btw that link will always show new builds when I request them
Just look for the newest entry with a green tickmark and download the artifact appropriate for your system. Keep in mind you will need a GitHub account to download the dev builds. Otherwise you can wait about a week or so for the official release, but if you can try out the beta I could also get more feedback about it so please consider it!
other linux users have noted that they have issues on the latest builds tho, if thats the case for you too then try build 171
(these builds are binary, they should include all needed dependencies so that gets around all pip and python bullshit, you dont even need python installed!)

sim64k

Aug 18, 2017
by the output of the previous pip command it looks like it installed in user folders, while im guessing python itself is searching in system folders. if you set it up that way yourself youll have a different python executable, run F95Checker.py with that python. if thats not the case then try running the pip command with sudo aswell.

or avoid all that crap and try the upcoming release. betas are very close to release and totally usable as a replacement to the current "stable" version which is a mess.
read here

other linux users have noted that they have issues on the latest builds tho, if thats the case for you too then try build 171
(these builds are binary, they should include all needed dependencies so that gets around all pip and python bullshit, you dont even need python installed!)
Thank you for all of your help, I'll just install the beta or build 171 and see.

EDIT: Everything works great, thank you! At your convenience I recommend updating the ReadME file.

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
app crashes when I try to delete a thread
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 78, in <module>
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 58, in main
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 420, in main_loop
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 988, in draw_game_info_popup
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\utils.py", line 188, in popup
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 910, in popup_content
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 583, in draw_game_remove_button
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\callbacks.py", line 225, in remove_game
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\callbacks.py", line 210, in remove_callback
KeyError: 4714

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
app crashes when I try to delete a thread
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 113, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\cx_Freeze\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 15, in run
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 78, in <module>
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\main.py", line 58, in main
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 420, in main_loop
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 988, in draw_game_info_popup
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\utils.py", line 188, in popup
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 910, in popup_content
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\gui.py", line 583, in draw_game_remove_button
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\callbacks.py", line 225, in remove_game
  File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\src\modules\callbacks.py", line 210, in remove_callback
KeyError: 4714
Huh yeah makes sense, deleting the games takes a few milliseconds on the backend and in the meantime the interface wants to render another frame, but when it gets to drawing the game info popup the game was already deleted... easy enough fix, thanks for noticing!

EDIT: actually no, the issue is that when you click remove from the popup it deletes the game from the database, but the information persists in memory as long as the popup is open, therefore trying to delete again causes a crash. again simple fix, just close the popup when clicking remove

EDIT2: fixed and pushed a build

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hey WillyJL, is the "Show Remove Button" supposed to be permanent? Cause every time I enable it, it goes away the next time I launch the app.
it is not supposed to be permanent, its a bit like the "edit mode" on the previous version, an easy way to remove games when you need but the idea is that it should be off most of the time. thats also because for example in list mode it doesnt have its own column and its kinda just there, with no particular thought. almost seems out of place lol

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
it is not supposed to be permanent, its a bit like the "edit mode" on the previous version, an easy way to remove games when you need but the idea is that it should be off most of the time. thats also because for example in list mode it doesnt have its own column and its kinda just there, with no particular thought. almost seems out of place lol
Well now that we have the right-click delete feature wouldn't it make sense to make that "Show Remove Button" permanent for people like me that want it there the whole time? Just a thought.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes