5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Code:
Retries: 0

Workers: 1

Timeout: 120 sec

Successfully completed early multiple times, refreshing 41 games consistently between ~50-65 seconds.
hm ok yeah, either keep lower workers and higher timeout, or use the new setting in build 655...

Reactions: BrockLanders

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
been having that sephamore error the past few days only, build 574. then the error randomly stopped today
still on build 574. havent updated or anything

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
been having that sephamore error the past few days only, build 574. then the error randomly stopped today
still on build 574. havent updated or anything
Thanks for the insight. Gives me hope that my solution since build 655 to have a setting to ignore those errors, but keep them by default, is the best compromise

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Yea I know it’s still an issue, but really I don’t have many ideas and haven’t looked into it properly yet. The only detail I can think of is that maybe it’s is something Debian based related, because yohudood also reported the same issue and they were on pop os, while I remember you saying that you’re on devuan (both Debian based in some way)... and I haven’t had issues on either arch Linux or Garuda Linux (which is arch based
I have no clue how to get a complete source with all packages so i can only assume it's something that goes from gui.py to imgui.
Or it's related to Debian's updates and something is way too outdated.
I doubt it's my laptop GPU as the Intel HD 4000 (i915) and the GTX 660M (nouveau) should be above GL 2.0 (no clue if the GTX is ever used). OS is Devuan Chimaera, basically Debian without systemd.
The i found via google wasn't helpful at all as i have no clue where that function is called.
So all i can do is to test each release and give a short feedback here.

No type of pressure intended with that at all.

Sorry for that wall of text, i just tried to include all useful info i could think of.
EDIT: If it helps, i looked into the debian-packages and found no qt6 ones installed here and pyqt5 and related at version 5.15.2 with python 3.9.2

Last edited:

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
Hey WillyJL, is it possible to make adding thread posts a thing? For example, whenever someone edits their post, a message pops up similar to the "new update" one but says something like "the content's post has been updated/edited" or something. Many mods nowadays don't use separate threads and make a post in the thread so I think it's needed if possible.

JustAnIllusion

Sep 26, 2019
Sorry, I was out of town for a few days on business. I see that we've found fixes for the issue. Honestly, I turned on the app today, did a refresh, and it worked just fine. Still using the 9.4 build (non-beta). I did a few more just to make sure it didn't work on a fluke, there were no issues. If I have any more issues I'll check out that beta build you mentioned, but for now, it seems to be working as intended.

JustAnIllusion

Sep 26, 2019
I forgot to mention yesterday, I had an update for Windows 11 before I ran the refreshes. If it was a Windows problem, there's a chance it may be fixed. I've ran refreshes a few times since my last post and it's been running smoothly.

DamienSilvert

Feb 4, 2020
Hi, WillyJL i'm a mac user having this problem:
lwf.png
I read that you can fix it by taking db.sqlite3 from a windows install, but i don't have access to a windows machine...
Maybe you can tell me what i have to add to the db.sqlite3 archive so i can add it manually?
Thank you for your time.

Reactions: simple_human

Lalmo_Robs

Feb 15, 2022
View attachment 2159359
I read that you can fix it by taking db.sqlite3 from a windows install, but i don't have access to a windows machine...
Maybe you can tell me what i have to add to the db.sqlite3 archive so i can add it manually?
Thank you for your time.
You can download a VMware Fusion free trial and a windows 10 iso from microsoft to quickly create a virtual machine, then launch/log in to f95checker on it, then transfer the database files created back on to your mac. Thats what I did and it worked fine

Dragzner

Aug 17, 2019
Yo WillyJL The command prompt that usually disappeared after a little bit is now staying there during the runtime of the program with the message, "Redirecting stdout and stderr to E:\entertainment\F95Checker\log.txt". The log is empty. Everything else to my knowledge works fine other than the aforementioned effects. Got a fix or is it just a bug from the newer version?

yvb

Jul 19, 2017
Hello guys,
I just downloaded the tool and when I try to refresh and get it going, I got this error message:
1668250884811.png

Some help will be appreciated. Thanks!

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hey WillyJL, is it possible to make adding thread posts a thing? For example, whenever someone edits their post, a message pops up similar to the "new update" one but says something like "the content's post has been updated/edited" or something. Many mods nowadays don't use separate threads and make a post in the thread so I think it's needed if possible.
might consider it, low priority tho

I don't know if it's possible but it would be cool to add icons to the "F95Checker Browser Addon" that would show which games were added to the "F95Checker" program
cool idea, might not be that easy, but i like myself a good challenge

View attachment 2159359
Thank you for your time.
as you might tell from the file extension, its a sqlite 3 format database, so youll need the proper software to edit it. when you have that, you need to edit the "cookies" table and add the name-value for all the relevant login cookies. you can see your login session cookies on your browser by going to inspect element, to the storage tab, and under the f95zone.to domain cookies youll see all you need. the most important cookies you will need are the ones starting with "xf_", like xf_user, xf_session, xf_csrf and xf_tfa_trust. however i suggest you copy the others too if youre not getting good results. keep in mind that if you have 2 factor authentication, these cookies will expire after 1 month so youll have to repeat the process in that case. also make sure to only edit the database from one program at a time, as in only edit it while the tool is completely shutdown, and dont open the tool again until you have completely closed all the editing software you used.

Yo WillyJL The command prompt that usually disappeared after a little bit is now staying there during the runtime of the program with the message, "Redirecting stdout and stderr to E:\entertainment\F95Checker\log.txt". The log is empty. Everything else to my knowledge works fine other than the aforementioned effects. Got a fix or is it just a bug from the newer version?
i didnt change anything about it recently, and i have no reports of the old method not hiding properly. what likely has changed is that your machine is now using windows terminal instead of the good old cmd conhost, and the method i used doesnt seem to work with windows terminal. im aware of this issue and i plan to look into it

Hello guys,
I just downloaded the tool and when I try to refresh and get it going, I got this error message:
View attachment 2163795

Some help will be appreciated. Thanks!
god damn, 2424 unread notifications?? clear some of those out my brother in christ xD yes this is a bug, but i never really expected someone to have more than 1000 unread notifications xD

DamienSilvert

Feb 4, 2020
as you might tell from the file extension, its a sqlite 3 format database, so youll need the proper software to edit it. when you have that, you need to edit the "cookies" table and add the name-value for all the relevant login cookies. you can see your login session cookies on your browser by going to inspect element, to the storage tab, and under the f95zone.to domain cookies youll see all you need. the most important cookies you will need are the ones starting with "xf_", like xf_user, xf_session, xf_csrf and xf_tfa_trust. however i suggest you copy the others too if youre not getting good results. keep in mind that if you have 2 factor authentication, these cookies will expire after 1 month so youll have to repeat the process in that case. also make sure to only edit the database from one program at a time, as in only edit it while the tool is completely shutdown, and dont open the tool again until you have completely closed all the editing software you used.
Thanks, for your help and making this amazing tool.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Forgive me if this has been asked, but what about adding a checkbox for finished and dropped?
finished is already there, its the checkered finish flag box, but dropped isnt a thing. the system i have now with installed and played / finished is already a bit of a stretch since not all users use the tool in the same way, but it is mostly ok in my eyes. however i have planned a custom tag system, so you will be able to make your own tags (well i will call them labels to distinguish from forum tags, but they will mostly act as tags) to mark your games however you wish

Reactions: BrockLanders

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
DamienSilvert Lalmo_Robs tonyalfonso7
tagging you guys because you have the macOS login window issue with the QWebWngineProcess not working

AmBush-UK Dukez FaceCrap
and tagging you guys because you mentioned the command prompt window lingering around when it should be gone

made some changes that should most likely fix the command prompt issue, and maybe hopefully (not so sure, but worth a shot) fix the qwebengineprocess issue. both are in

the command prompt i hope i fixed by changing how the program is bootstrapped, but im not sure if my new method for log.txt works. please confirm that it is created properly (doesnt need to contain anything, just check if it gets created)

for the login window i hope this fixes it because i now spawn the window from the main window process. for it to work properly, the main window is unresponsive, but hopefully this wont confuse qt with the lcoation of the web engine.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
made some changes that should most likely fix the command prompt issue, and maybe hopefully (not so sure, but worth a shot) fix the qwebengineprocess issue. both are in
I'll let you know when it's pushed live and it auto updates, cbf otherwise lol

DarkMask

Oct 16, 2017
finished is already there, its the checkered finish flag box, but dropped isnt a thing. the system i have now with installed and played / finished is already a bit of a stretch since not all users use the tool in the same way, but it is mostly ok in my eyes. however i have planned a custom tag system, so you will be able to make your own tags (well i will call them labels to distinguish from forum tags, but they will mostly act as tags) to mark your games however you wish
Ah, I thought that was the played indicator. The custom tags system sounds great, I look forward to it.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
DamienSilvert Lalmo_Robs tonyalfonso7
tagging you guys because you have the macOS login window issue with the QWebWngineProcess not working

AmBush-UK Dukez FaceCrap
and tagging you guys because you mentioned the command prompt window lingering around when it should be gone

the command prompt i hope i fixed by changing how the program is bootstrapped, but im not sure if my new method for log.txt works. please confirm that it is created properly (doesnt need to contain anything, just check if it gets created)

for the login window i hope this fixes it because i now spawn the window from the main window process. for it to work properly, the main window is unresponsive, but hopefully this wont confuse qt with the lcoation of the web engine.
update: i am now confident both issues are properly fixed.
macos now should be able to find qtwebengineprocess, since now i forcefully point it to the correct file
and the console window i fixed in a better way: there are now 2 executables bundled with the application. the normal F95Checker.exe will redirect most of the output to the log.txt file, and will never create a console window. however some errors dont get logged properly, so i added a F95Checker-Debug.exe that will enable more logging and will not use log.txt, instead it will leave a console window open so that you can see the errors and report them if needed.

try out
DamienSilvert Lalmo_Robs tonyalfonso7 AmBush-UK FaceCrap

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes