Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
unroot yohudood there might be some light at the end of the glGetUniformLocation tunnel!

try , and also please send me the full output of the glinfo command. for reference, it should look something like this:
Code:
$ glinfo
GL_VERSION: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 520.56.06
GL_RENDERER: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_EXTENSIONS: ...
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 4.60 NVIDIA
GLU_VERSION: 1.3
GLU_EXTENSIONS: ...
GLUT_API_VERSION: 4
GLUT_XLIB_IMPLEMENTATION: 13
Tried it again with Github, again i had to verify my device via gmail (i want my good old simple password logins back)

Code:
$ ./F95Checker-Debug
./F95Checker-Debug: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.35' not found (required by ./F95Checker-Debug)
./F95Checker-Debug: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by ./F95Checker-Debug)
./F95Checker-Debug: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by ./F95Checker-Debug)
./F95Checker-Debug: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by ./F95Checker-Debug)
$ ./F95Checker
./F95Checker: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.35' not found (required by ./F95Checker)
./F95Checker: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by ./F95Checker)
./F95Checker: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by ./F95Checker)
./F95Checker: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by ./F95Checker)

$ ldd --version
ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.31-13+deb11u5) 2.31
dang, that debian-typical off-by-one version.
made nearly all updates and still the same (i tend to do those rarely)

NOTE: the 2.35-lines says libm.so.6 <= hope this is only a typo in the message

seems my system has no glinfo but a glxinfo. omitted the last ~200 lines with tables

glxinfo said:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Actually one thing that might? help is a "last run version" similar to last played date which i assume is set when you click the run button. again no big deal for me so ill leave it up to you if you think its worth the hassle.
Might consider it actually :D

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
dang, that debian-typical off-by-one version.
made nearly all updates and still the same (i tend to do those rarely)
Honestly I just don’t get it, the whole holding back packages thing. Like I get the stability and everything, but surely a month or two is more than enough for stability, why hold stuff back for so long. Just becomes such a headache when software needs new features, but the host system is “just” a few years out of date, tough luck and screw you dev!

Any way this is not the place for such rants, my best guess here is that this is due to the switch of the build runners, which I recently updated to Ubuntu 22.04, windows server 2022 and macOS 12. Now, I need some new features in Python, and I made the switch to the new runners while I was trying to iron out some problems with Python 3.11, which at the time was only a few days old so to rule out other problems I just updated the systems. Hopefully downgrading them back a notch won’t break Python and all the other barely working dependencies.

However this doesn’t get us closer to the solution, since this libc error probably means the code for showing the windows was nowhere near being actually executed, so we can’t know if the changes I made to window OpenGL hints were useful or not. As for the glinfo, I can see that it mentions OpenGL 4.2 and shading language 4.20, where the initial suggestion by the pyimgui team was an outdated shading language before 3.30, so drivers should not be an issue, but then again what do I know. Let’s just hope the window hints do the job after I try downgrading (or you try running from source, but then again you’d need Python 3.11 so I don’t want to make you suffer through hell and back trying to setup a bleeding edge Python on fucking Debian)

EDIT: if nothing blows up then might work, I made it build against Ubuntu 20.04 so hopefully your packages aren’t more than 2 years old :/

Last edited:

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
EDIT: if nothing blows up then might work, I made it build against Ubuntu 20.04 so hopefully your packages aren’t more than 2 years old :/
well...

$ ./F95Checker-Debug

EDIT: At times like that I can only hope my system isn't the source of serious health issues like depression or head injuries from hitting the head on the table

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
well...

$ ./F95Checker-Debug

EDIT: At times like that I can only hope my system isn't the source of serious health issues like depression or head injuries from hitting the head on the table
Ok so here it’s trying to update an older structure of the database to the new one, since you never really managed to use the new version I’m guessing the new database format doesn’t really include much changes from your f95checker.json, so try deleting / moving db.sqlite3 to trigger a new migration from the json. The reason for it failing might mean that Ubuntu 20.04 is so outdated that it doesn’t support some basic database operations that I need to update the db structure, but I’ll tackle that later. If it creates the db from scratch there is nothing to update so this error in particular won’t get in the way

EDIT: just remembered that with 9.something I changed the config location, from ~/.f95checker to ~/.config/f95checker. My guess is that it already moved the folder there, so if you run an old version and don’t see your games that’s why

EDIT2: actually it looks like the sqlite version used depends on your system, the library is not bundled... so yeah it’s your sqlite that doesn’t support that database operation... I’ll see if it can be bundled because having the database act up and not work is one of the worst things that can happen. Just to test try to do ./F95Checker -c "import sqlite3; print(sqlite3.sqlite_version)" and tell me what that says

EDIT3: made it bundle libc, libm and libsqlite3 in

EDIT4: you can disregard most of what i said above. i should really stop posting updates when im still not certain on things.
recap:
- proposed fix was the window hints for opengl version
- your opengl seems sufficient, but we havent verified yet if that issue is fixed because of the other issues you found
- newer builds didnt launch at all for you due to being built on new systems with new libc, now im building on ubuntu 20.04
- bundling libc is a bad idea. forget that bit.
- bundling sqlite doesnt seem to pose issues, and ensures that features i need are there
- but the sqlite version on ubuntu 20.04 didnt have one particular feature i needed, it came in 2021. but i managed to switch up the logic to use older features from 2019 sqlite.

finally: has the window hints, should not have libc issues, and has a sufficient sqlite version to fix your db structure. now hopefully we can see if the window hints solve your issue

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
version detection does not seem to work on this thread for some reason

https://f95zone.to/threads/maeves-academy-v0-2-2-hatchet-games.105927/

I refresh and it detects other updates, but still thinks that thread is v0.2.1
My guess is that this might have to do with the fact that there is a ' as part of the thread name? it doesn't appear in the url itself but it does appear in the thread name when you open it.
my best guess instead is that the title was changed first, so your tool detected the version change, and fetched the thread. but when that happened, they had forgotten to change the version number written inside the thread, so the tool saved that version number. when refreshing it does not get all threads all the time, that would use too much internet, take too long, and stress the servers. what it does is check for url redirects, and the url changes when the thread title changes, so when it finds a redirect it then gets the therad content and parses the data. read the "about the speed" section in the OP for more info. a full recheck means that the thread was fetched and parsed, so when theres a redirect, aka a title change, then it does a full recheck instead of a quick check. but as you saw yourself this is not perfect, so it does a full recheck every week if no quick check detected an update. or you can force a full recheck by right clicking the game. i say you do that.

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
my best guess instead is that the title was changed first, so your tool detected the version change, and fetched the thread. but when that happened, they had forgotten to change the version number written inside the thread, so the tool saved that version number. when refreshing it does not get all threads all the time, that would use too much internet, take too long, and stress the servers. what it does is check for url redirects, and the url changes when the thread title changes, so when it finds a redirect it then gets the therad content and parses the data. read the "about the speed" section in the OP for more info. a full recheck means that the thread was fetched and parsed, so when theres a redirect, aka a title change, then it does a full recheck instead of a quick check. but as you saw yourself this is not perfect, so it does a full recheck every week if no quick check detected an update. or you can force a full recheck by right clicking the game. i say you do that.
I see, thank you.
I did a manually ordered full recheck as you suggested and it is now showing as updated.

Reactions: WillyJL

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Ok so here it’s trying to update an older structure of the database to the new one, since you never really managed to use the new version I’m guessing the new database format doesn’t really include much changes from your f95checker.json, so try deleting / moving db.sqlite3 to trigger a new migration from the json. The reason for it failing might mean that Ubuntu 20.04 is so outdated that it doesn’t support some basic database operations that I need to update the db structure, but I’ll tackle that later. If it creates the db from scratch there is nothing to update so this error in particular won’t get in the way

EDIT: just remembered that with 9.something I changed the config location, from ~/.f95checker to ~/.config/f95checker. My guess is that it already moved the folder there, so if you run an old version and don’t see your games that’s why

EDIT2: actually it looks like the sqlite version used depends on your system, the library is not bundled... so yeah it’s your sqlite that doesn’t support that database operation... I’ll see if it can be bundled because having the database act up and not work is one of the worst things that can happen. Just to test try to do ./F95Checker -c "import sqlite3; print(sqlite3.sqlite_version)" and tell me what that says

EDIT3: made it bundle libc, libm and libsqlite3 in

EDIT4: you can disregard most of what i said above. i should really stop posting updates when im still not certain on things.
recap:
- proposed fix was the window hints for opengl version
- your opengl seems sufficient, but we havent verified yet if that issue is fixed because of the other issues you found
- newer builds didnt launch at all for you due to being built on new systems with new libc, now im building on ubuntu 20.04
- bundling libc is a bad idea. forget that bit.
- bundling sqlite doesnt seem to pose issues, and ensures that features i need are there
- but the sqlite version on ubuntu 20.04 didnt have one particular feature i needed, it came in 2021. but i managed to switch up the logic to use older features from 2019 sqlite.

finally: has the window hints, should not have libc issues, and has a sufficient sqlite version to fix your db structure. now hopefully we can see if the window hints solve your issue
The command from EDIT2:
$ ./F95Checker -c "import sqlite3; print(sqlite3.sqlite_version)"

and for the 9.5b731:

• Red Heart
Reactions: WillyJL

tonyalfonso7

Aug 21, 2017
version 9.5 is upon us!
this is probably the longest changelog i ever wrote for a single release lol
as always let me know if you have problems or feedback
Ah man, macOS version isn't opening.
Says it quit unexpectedly and asks to report to Apple. :/

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
version 9.5 is upon us!
Took about 5 attempts (waiting up to 10 minuets first time) for it to finally update for me got there in the end.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
it was not, and now its here! try adding multiple executables in , let me know how it goes, and ill release it shortly along with all the other new features waiting to be released
it was not, and now its here!
This is actually a great idea. Not only for the separate episode based ones but in my case also for another situation.

I'm not one who does multiple playthroughs to try different paths because most times the only difference is ending up with a different LI and only slightly different dialogue.
However some games actually go the extra step where a different path has reasonably different content and dialogues.
What I do in such cases is create a folder for each different playthrough and hardlink/junction the base folder(s) to them.
That way I don't have to keep track of which saves belong to which playthrough. And to not have issues from the shadow saves in the %appdata%\renpy location, I modify the <game>.py file in the executable folder to point to it's own unique save location for the shadow copies. That also will prevent any interference from having values from another playthrough stored in the shadow copy of the persistent file.

EDIT: Woops... the Windows release version doesn't let me navigate the folders when trying to select an exe (it's the first time I'm actually using this feature). Double clicking a folder doesn't do anything, only way to get there is typing the full path in the field in top. (also created issue on github)

Last edited:

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
I one thing that is confusing me every time: Is there a way to change how the dates are displayed? dd/mm/yyyy is too easily confused with mm/dd/yyyy.
My country uses dd.mm.yyyy and all my systems are set to display yyyy-mm-dd, as i find that more usable for work with older files (some things go back to 1996... damn, i'm getting old:sneaky:)

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I one thing that is confusing me every time: Is there a way to change how the dates are displayed? dd/mm/yyyy is too easily confused with mm/dd/yyyy.
My country uses dd.mm.yyyy and all my systems are set to display yyyy-mm-dd, as i find that more usable for work with older files (some things go back to 1996... damn, i'm getting old:sneaky:)
I also want to change it. I want to set it to

Reactions: unroot

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
version 9.5 is upon us!
So that problem with the command prompt being open with it is fixed but uhh, not because of the update? I run the launcher through a shortcut and it would go through the checking, update notification, download & "install" but never reopened automatically... so I did that myself and it was still the old version. I figured probably needs to be ran as admin so I decided to just run it as admin from the location (not shortcut) and the old version launched up and the command prompt wasn't hanging around lol, updated etc fine after that too and the command prompt has remained gone too even if I don't run it as admin.

I guessing doing that once fixed whatever it was trying to do? lol.

Yamanote

Feb 8, 2018
hi i love this tool, but after the update it doesn't open anymore and i always get this error message on startup

cx_Freeze: Python error in main script

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.0\x64\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 138, in run
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.0\x64\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\console.py", line 16, in run
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\main.py", line 85, in <module>
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\main.py", line 38, in main
File "D:\a\F95Checker\F95Checker\modules\gui.py", line 306, in __init__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.0\x64\Lib\site-packages\imgui\integrations\glfw.py", line 12, in __init__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.0\x64\Lib\site-packages\imgui\integrations\opengl.py", line 60, in __init__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.0\x64\Lib\site-packages\imgui\integrations\base.py", line 17, in __init__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.0\x64\Lib\site-packages\imgui\integrations\opengl.py", line 84, in _create_device_objects
File "src\\latebind.pyx", line 39, in OpenGL_accelerate.latebind.LateBind.__call__
File "src\\wrapper.pyx", line 318, in OpenGL_accelerate.wrapper.Wrapper.__call__
File "src\\wrapper.pyx", line 311, in OpenGL_accelerate.wrapper.Wrapper.__call__
File "C:\hostedtoolcache\windows\Python\3.11.0\x64\Lib\site-packages\OpenGL\platform\baseplatform.py", line 415, in __call__
File "src\\errorchecker.pyx", line 58, in OpenGL_accelerate.errorchecker._ErrorChecker.glCheckError
OpenGL.error.GLError: GLError(
err = 1282,
description = b'Der Vorgang ist ung\xfcltig.',
baseOperation = glGetIntegerv,
pyArgs = (
GL_TEXTURE_BINDING_2D,
<object object at 0x0000020BD9A54E20>,
),
cArgs = (
GL_TEXTURE_BINDING_2D,
array([0], dtype=int32),
),
cArguments = (
GL_TEXTURE_BINDING_2D,
array([0], dtype=int32),
)
)

Edit: i downloaded the latest version for windows again, but still get the same error message
Edit2: rolled back to 9.4, which works perfectly

Last edited:

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
Great update. The only thing I don't like is this Screenshot_1.png . Open thread and copy link were way more useful imo. Can you maybe make it an option and not a permanent thing?

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
kept refusing to update, was on a non-release build, forget which one atm but i can find it if you want, i wrote it here somewhere. Had to update manually

Also while updating, it wasnt refreshing the update screen, had to move my mouse over it to render

1668866658872.png

batblue

Sep 6, 2021
Ah man, macOS version isn't opening.
Says it quit unexpectedly and asks to report to Apple. :/
Same here. It looks like there's a code signing error on the included python executable, and when it looks for the system python, it's looking for /usr/bin/Python when it should look for /usr/bin/python with a lowercase 'p'.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes