Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
are you on kde plasma? because i use a bit of a workaround there. as in, qt and plasma have had a retarded bug for years now. so basically you can setup a callback for when a notification is clicked. i set that to show the interface, so that stuff happens in the (hidden) interface and the notifications tells you "hey this happened, click to view" and it opens the main interface. issue is that for years now clicking on notifications just closes them on kde plasma. to have the click execute the callback you gave it, you must mark it as a critical error notification. and critical error notifications dont close by themselves after a few seconds and tend to be quite persistent...
Nope, I use Xfce 4.16 (i think it's using Qt5). That dialog i meant was the one F95Checker generates for alerts.
The desktop notification is showing for a few seconds (that's when the F95 symbol in systray changes to the light bulb), some time after that i click on that bulb to open the window and more often then not that dialog (that offers to show new alerts in the browser) needs up to eight clicks to disappear (it feels like multiple stacked dialogs rather than one that doesn't accept the click. forgot to screenshot till now. will try to move it next time too)

EDIT:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This time i had to click "No" two times. Dialog is not dragable, so no way to see if they're stacked.
As that alert was about the post below (43 minutes ago atm.) i guess i missed one popup (15 min) and it showed me 2 alerts as it wanted to remind me 2 times (15 and 30 mins after it found the new post)

Last edited:

Only1P

Sep 10, 2021
Hi, when I execute the file in RAR it works fine but after I export it to desktop I get this:

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "windows" in ""
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
wtf. the only thing this can mean is that you dont have powershell installed, what the actual fuck windows. its supposed to be built into the system. can you open a cmd and try to run powershell?

and no need, its in the bottom right corner :p
used that to track the commit, but yeah, what i said above.
powershell works. i dont think its possible to not have it on a windows system?
I also tried to run the tool as admin incase of access privilege, but same thing

• Thinking Face
Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hi, when I execute the file in RAR it works fine but after I export it to desktop I get this:

This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
You either have some spaces, or some special characters (even letters with accents count as special), somewhere in the path to the tool. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately, qt is stupid, and also having spaces and special characters in folder names and path is a disaster waiting to happen.

Only1P

Sep 10, 2021
You either have some spaces, or some special characters (even letters with accents count as special), somewhere in the path to the tool. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately, qt is stupid, and also having spaces and special characters in folder names and path is a disaster waiting to happen.
Well shiet, my folder description on my desktop had spaces in it, changed it and it works!

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Updated to the latest version 9.5 and can't even use the program anymore. Every time I start it I just get the same error. Even tried a fresh install directly from GitHub. Previous version worked fine for me.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Updated to the latest version 9.5 and can't even use the program anymore. Every time I start it I just get the same error. Even tried a fresh install directly from GitHub. Previous version worked fine for me.
Known issue, but doesn’t mean it makes sense. The interface toolkit I use was written around OpenGL 3.3, but I wasn’t enforcing that previously, and OpenGL is backwards compatible so you were probably using OpenGL 4.6 and it was working fine. But really it wasn’t because some users were having issues with it and also couldn’t launch the app. I contacted the team for the interface toolkit and they said that the correct way to fix this issue is to enforce the correct version of OpenGL, which I am now doing. But apparently something now goes wrong with the 3.3 implementation for 2 users that I know of. In my opinion this is very likely a driver issue, and if you’re asking me it’s probably nvidia, fuck nvidia, fuck their retarded drivers, shitty mf company.

Essentially this boils down to: previously my app was not configured correctly, so some users couldn’t open it, and by miracle yours worked. Now I fixed my app, the users with issues before now are fine, but the underlying issues with your driver / system decided to show themselves when before they were working when they shouldn’t have.

for now I ask that you and Yamanote try to update your graphics drivers, update your system, and see if that changes anything.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Known issue, but doesn’t mean it makes sense. The interface toolkit I use was written around OpenGL 3.3, but I wasn’t enforcing that previously, and OpenGL is backwards compatible so you were probably using OpenGL 4.6 and it was working fine. But really it wasn’t because some users were having issues with it and also couldn’t launch the app. I contacted the team for the interface toolkit and they said that the correct way to fix this issue is to enforce the correct version of OpenGL, which I am now doing. But apparently something now goes wrong with the 3.3 implementation for 2 users that I know of. In my opinion this is very likely a driver issue, and if you’re asking me it’s probably nvidia, fuck nvidia, fuck their retarded drivers, shitty mf company.

Essentially this boils down to: previously my app was not configured correctly, so some users couldn’t open it, and by miracle yours worked. Now I fixed my app, the users with issues before now are fine, but the underlying issues with your driver / system decided to show themselves when before they were working when they shouldn’t have.

for now I ask that you and Yamanote try to update your graphics drivers, update your system, and see if that changes anything.
Possibly NVIDIA. I just updated last night to the latest driver version. Windows is fully updated to Windows 10 22H2. Nothing has changed but my NVIDIA drivers since the last time I used it.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Possibly NVIDIA. I just updated last night to the latest driver version. Windows is fully updated to Windows 10 22H2. Nothing has changed but my NVIDIA drivers since the last time I used it.
Do you have any sort of software that injects into other applications? Like say msi afterburner and riva tuner statistics server that show overlays over games? Maybe try running it in windows safe mode? Maybe try right click > properties and try one of the compatibility modes? And can you send your nvidia driver version please?

Yamanote

Feb 8, 2018

After nvidia update still not working for 9.5. But no problem i just stay with 9.4.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Do you have any sort of software that injects into other applications? Like say msi afterburner and riva tuner statistics server that show overlays over games? Maybe try running it in windows safe mode? Maybe try right click > properties and try one of the compatibility modes? And can you send your nvidia driver version please?
Yep. Just disabled Rivatuner's Show On-Screen Display and it worked. Thanks.

Yamanote

Feb 8, 2018
disabling rivatuner worked for me too. thanks for the help

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
What if you guys try to update rtss and enable it? I’d prefer to tell users to update it rather that removing / disabling
Already on the latest stable build of Afterburner 4.6.4 and latest version of RTSS 7.3.3.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021

1. don't execute it inside the rar.
2. it is called extract not export
3. you are not supposed to move the exe to the desktop. it won't work because it needs ALL the files. And their locations compared to the exe must remain unchanged

The correct way to do it is
step 1: place the rar in a reasonable folder. such as "C:\games\H\F95Checker\" or "C:\programs_portable\F95Checker\" or some such. you choose something that is clear to you.
step 2: right click the .rar compressed file and select "extract to \foldername\". foldername will vary based on the name of the rar file. You can freely move the folder it create, so long as you move the whole thing and not just individual files
step 3: go into the folder it created. right click the exe, select "create shortcut".
step 4: cut and paste the shortcut into the desktop.

the shortcut part is extremely important. if you just copy the exe to the desktop it will not work because it cannot find the supporting files. instead you want to create a shortcut which, when double clicked, instructs the computer to open (double click) the exe in its original folder.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes