Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Noctie666

Dec 5, 2021
Auto-update doesn't seem to be working for me. It closes itself to update as it should but it never reopens and if I do it manually it's still on the old version.

EDIT: Running as administrator seems to work.

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
Auto-update doesn't seem to be working for me. It closes itself to update as it should but it never reopens and if I do it manually it's still on the old version.
I had that problem on the last update (9.4 to 9.5), It only updated when i had the F95 Checker folder open. I dunno how or why but try it.

Last edited:

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Tried the update too and... it works for me (Debian stable).
Only thing to mention: It goes to 33% kinda slow (download, i know) while showing 1/3 and then suddenly the entire thing vanishes before reappearing as 9.5.1 about 40 seconds later. While i know it's completed with the reappearing, it still feels like something is missing...

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
WillyJL

Apart from the obvious score column, is there another difference that requires the beta version to have a vcruntime140.dll included in the archive and the 9.5.1 release not?
Even if the 9.5.1 one also needs it, apart from it also being present in my system32 folder, every g@#%#@ application and its grandmother thinks it needs one in its own folder anyways so my system is absolutely littered with it...

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Just get , try to refresh and you will see that some games will fail but refreshing continues.
IMPORTANT! If you do decide to run mentioned build. Please make a backup copy of your imgui.ini file in %appdata%\f95checker (On Windows at least, dunno where the other systems store that file) and copy it back before reverting back to the release version. That way you get to keep your current column/sort order, because due to the new column added in 772 these will get borked.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Just got a prompt to update from build 752 to latest official version. I said yes but now powershell has been opened for more than 15 minutes and nothing changed. Help
when i updated a powershell window also opened (didnt before). but it worked normally

EDIT: Running as administrator seems to work.
I had that problem on the last update (9.4 to 9.5), It only updated when i had the F95 Checker folder open. I dunno how or why but try it.
Tried the update too and... it works for me (Debian stable).
Only thing to mention: It goes to 33% kinda slow (download, i know) while showing 1/3 and then suddenly the entire thing vanishes before reappearing as 9.5.1 about 40 seconds later. While i know it's completed with the reappearing, it still feels like something is missing...
yeah, i changed a lot of underlying systems and behaviors between 9.4 and 9.5 but forgot to change the updater for it. the changelog for 9.5.1 does in fact state "fixed some self updater bugs", but since you were on 9.5 and those are fixed in 9.5.1, you will have those fixed the next time you update, from 9.5.1 to (presumably) 9.6.

for powershell hanging i can hope that its because of how i do parent and child processes for better error handling, the powershell window being visible im not sure but honestly its not a bad thing, at least you know something is happening?

requiring administrator might be due to multiple reasons, might just be a coincidence that admin worked and the issue was the parent/child process stuff i said before, but also could be where you placed the tool itself requiring admin privileges? i am planning to make it request admin when updating in the future, but it doesnt yet.

on linux im not surprised it works fine, afterall on linux you can delete files even if they are being executed, so its not really an issue swapping out the files on unix-like systems. still good to know its ok though

for the update screen freezing and not showing process, thats simply the interface not refreshing. with 9.5 i made it so the interface only refreshes when needed to save on cpu/gpu usage, but forgot to make it refresh when the updater is doing its thing, so it was working, just not showing it on screen. if you had moved your mouse around while updating then youd have seen the progress.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
WillyJL

Apart from the obvious score column, is there another difference that requires the beta version to have a vcruntime140.dll included in the archive and the 9.5.1 release not?
Even if the 9.5.1 one also needs it, apart from it also being present in my system32 folder, every g@#%#@ application and its grandmother thinks it needs one in its own folder anyways so my system is absolutely littered with it...
there is no such difference, because ALL versions need it. dll files contain a common set of instructions and functions that compiled executables can use and depend on, external code that someone else wrote (in this case microsoft) to abstract away some logic from you (think for example opening a file and reading it, you dont have to implement that functionality yourself by searching for the ones and zeroes on the harddrive yourself, because someone else wrote that for you, again microsoft in this case). the root issue here is that, while dll files have a good purpose of allowing multiple applications to use the same common code without bundling it themselves each time and in turn saving disk space, they are VERY poorly handled, ESPECIALLY on windows (and when ever is windows not a fucking problem am i right?). for example different applications might, and will inevitably, require different versions of such dll files, leading to dll hell:
1669333749834.png
also this means that when the user downloads an app that requires this dll to run, it might very well not be present on the system, so then for each app you would have to install dozens of dll files, each with its own setup screen and install location, all showing up in the installed programs list.

so then, a burden to the user, and a burden to the developer. so, why not just add the dll file inside the zip file and call it a day? many build tools include a way to automatically add all the needed dll files next to the executable, so why not do that? its the easiest solution for everyone, so no need to complain about a 0.1 megabyte file being present multiple times. also, you said that some versions dont have it, well youre wrong they all have it, just that sometimes its next to the executable, sometimes its inside the lib folder, along with all the rest of dll hell. 400 megabytes of dll hell.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
feature request: instead of popping up in windows 10 notification tray, would it be possible to appear as a pop up, kind of like jdownloader2 does? (I feel like I already asked this...)

Or would that requires installation and it's too complicated for a light weight software?

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
there is no such difference, because ALL versions need it.
my apologies if that sounded like I was complaining, absolutely not. Just wondered why it seemed as if it wasn't included with the release version... didn't think to look in the lib folder. But you're right DLL hell is a thing, and .... :eek:
1669370049039.png

• Haha

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
feature request: instead of popping up in windows 10 notification tray, would it be possible to appear as a pop up, kind of like jdownloader2 does? (I feel like I already asked this...)

Or would that requires installation and it's too complicated for a light weight software?
Possible? Probably? Do I want the headache this entails? Probably not?

installation wouldn’t be required, but sorry I’m gonna pass on this one, atleast for now

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
DarkMask magrao121 ogKimra lewdypie (made a quick search in this thread to see who i talked about adding this with before)
has a basic implementation of custom labels. For now I added them to the database and to the games, so you have a section in the settings sidebar to manage them, and you can assign each game its labels by right clicking it and going into the labels submenu. Once added, you can see them in the labels tab of the info popup, I am yet to decide how to display them in list and grid modes.

For now they only have name and color, emojis might still be possible but im not sure. I am already using so i could allow and call it a day. Maybe i could make it so in list and grid it shows the first letter of the label name, so if you put an icon for the first character it looks somewhat cool as a small colored icon?

So to mark this as completed i'm missing:
  • allow selecting the labels from the info popup, currently only shows which ones are already selected
  • maybe allow using MDIcons
  • decide how to show the labels in list and grid views, im thinking of using the first letter of the name + colored background / dot around it
  • linked to the previous point, decide if they should be a separate column and therefore be sortable, im personally leaning towards no because a: i feel like it could be confusing with sorting, b: the column width would only account for the labels of the games currently on screen, so scrolling would make it jump around all over the place, and c: i think it would look better next to the name
do tell me it i missed anything or if you have suggestions / objections (but keep in mind i cant make everyone happy)

View attachment Record_F95Checker_20221128034225.mp4

Last edited:

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
I wasn't one of the ones asking for custom labels so idk how valuable my suggestions will be..

I think there's 2 uses for labels, a quick way of identifying something as well as multiple labels to categorize the game.
eg: interested/dropped vs story-driven/sandbox/funny
so maybe you can split the labels into 1 "main" label and many "other" labels. then you can have a column with only the main label which makes it sortable, and also add the main label in the info popup (under type?) aswell for quick identification

as for how to display the "other" labels, first letter (or first 2 to help reduce name clash) in a dot with color would work, idk if you can add a tooltip to show the full name? an even more complicated solution would be if you can specify the short version of the label

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So i just got this error and F95checker won't start obviously. Got the letest build. Anybody kows what's the deal, how to fix? Thanks!
Personally, I'd download a fresh file

Make a copy of the F95 Checker Folder, Delete contents of the original and Extract new download into it & try launching again.
But I'm impatient lol

while I wait for WillyJL to see the post, He's normally quick to respond.

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes