VN Ren'Py Fairwood Retreat 87 [v0.2 Ch.1] [Sakura Blossom Games]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
Not bad at al promising start, you got an extra patreon ;)
Thank you for visiting the thread and for leaving a comment. Am glad to hear that you enjoyed and and my heart felt thank you for your pledge and hope that you'll enjoy later Chapters as the game progresses. :love::cool:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So, I decided to give this game a shot, and I will be honest, with the Prologue, wasn't sure if I made the right choice in advancing this to games I would be playing, but once the first chapter got going, really started enjoying it. Only request I would have is to make the walkthrough and specially the part showing where the Polaroids are at more easily accessible while playing the game, that would be great. Had to have a second game window open so I could switch back and forth to help me find the 9 Polaroids. But other than that, really enjoyed this game, and totally looking forward for more to come. Thank you so very much for this!!!

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
So, I decided to give this game a shot, and I will be honest, with the Prologue, wasn't sure if I made the right choice in advancing this to games I would be playing, but once the first chapter got going, really started enjoying it. Only request I would have is to make the walkthrough and specially the part showing where the Polaroids are at more easily accessible while playing the game, that would be great. Had to have a second game window open so I could switch back and forth to help me find the 9 Polaroids. But other than that, really enjoyed this game, and totally looking forward for more to come. Thank you so very much for this!!!
Thank you so, so much for taking the time to both play the game and comment on this thread. I genuinely appreciate it. And for lovely feedback at that. The prologue, which I visually redid for this release is a nice starting scene to set a vibe for the game. Anyone, who watches slasher movies, especially those horror slashers from the 80's will be aware that those movies usually have an opening scene that gives an outcome like that of the prologue. :cool:

Now as for Chapter 1, in regards to the walkthrough guide. Thank you for mentioning that. As mentioned the walkthrough prior is a work in progress, but also I already have it planned that you can also in-game, via that in-game journal have the guide button there also. So for those that are stuck can more conveniently access the walkthrough from the Chapter 2 release onwards. So it's nice to hear that something am planning to add to improve the game already has others that would appreciate it. Is a quality of life feature that I have every intention to add.:D

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Kemb

Jul 25, 2019
Just finished playing it, and very good start. It's a female protag with a lesbian tag, so that automatically elevates in my eyes. and a horror too so that's the holy trifecta for me.

just a couple of criticisms/suggestions, I'm aware is that we are just at the prologue and characterization isn't fleshed out yet, but the whole meek/reactive MC things is really over done and i really don't know why devs do it, and its especially prevalent in games with a female MC which quickly turn into a slut/corruption fest. I'm talking about the Vanessa encounter, I'm pretty sure anyone especially a woman would have a very different and probably violent reaction to what she did.

From what i get so far, you are going for realistic vipe here, and considering it's going to be a slasher horror, a dumb or a reactive MC would be a exercise in frustration for a reader. And that encounter has me nervous. And considering the lack of harem tag, i hope you can give the romance it's due, though its probably hard balancing it in horror story.

For character design, the girls look unique and pretty so far, with the exception of Tiffany and MC. From my perspective, Tiffany has something weird about her, I think her eyes are bit too small, and the MC is a bit plain.

Regarding the NTR bit, not a fan personally, but you are doing it for story reasons and it's intrinsic to someone's characterization, not just shoehorned there, and its avoidable, so do your thing no matter who bitches and moans.

All in all, a very interesting start and i can't wait for what's next.

Speedfeed

Dec 19, 2020
Just finished playing it, and very good start. It's a female protag with a lesbian tag, so that automatically elevates in my eyes. and a horror too so that's the holy trifecta for me.

just a couple of criticisms/suggestions, I'm aware is that we are just at the prologue and characterization isn't fleshed out yet, but the whole meek/reactive MC things is really over done and i really don't know why devs do it, and its especially prevalent in games with a female MC which quickly turn into a slut/corruption fest. I'm talking about the Vanessa encounter, I'm pretty sure anyone especially a woman would have a very different and probably violent reaction to what she did.

From what i get so far, you are going for realistic vipe here, and considering it's going to be a slasher horror, a dumb or a reactive MC would be a exercise in frustration for a reader. And that encounter has me nervous. And considering the lack of harem tag, i hope you can give the romance it's due, though its probably hard balancing it in horror story.

For character design, the girls look unique and pretty so far, with the exception of Tiffany and MC. From my perspective, Tiffany has something weird about her, I think her eyes are bit too small, and the MC is a bit plain.

Regarding the NTR bit, not a fan personally, but you are doing it for story reasons and it's intrinsic to someone's characterization, not just shoehorned there, and its avoidable, so do your thing no matter who bitches and moans.

regarding the shower incident the mc can push her away and you can choose to not show interest in vanessa which prompts dialogue from the mc saying how she won't let vanessa walk all over her and do whatever she wants. Vanessa when rejected to me seems to have shown more interest in the mc. It looks like your mc can either be submissive and meek or the opposite. Despite her appearance and personality giving off that nervous, timid and shy girl vibe. Which I personally don't mind. Especially given the setting and its atmosphere.

Reactions: sagerock820

Speedfeed

Dec 19, 2020

lesbian, female protag and horror is a holy trifecta for me too.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
And considering the lack of harem tag, i hope you can give the romance it's due, though its probably hard balancing it in horror story.
A key requirement for a harem is that multiple LI's need to be available.
From the sound of the plans it is possible that MC ends up alone or even dead at the end of the story.

Meaning unless somewhere in the story MC magically transforms into a necromancer a harem is ... difficult.

Reactions: SakuraBlossomGames

KarokaKOHORT

Jun 16, 2018
Wouldn't change a thing so far, although I have no clue why we're suddenly shown image with bags lying by the bus in the middle of convo with Tiffany (just before option to check her out. Out of order?) Besides that, great visuals and introduction to the rest of campers.

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
Female protag + Lesbian View attachment 3467374
Promising to be great (Female protag + Lesbian) game and all optional actions YET :love: , SO pls pls NO forced actions pls.:love:
Thank you for taking the time to try it out, for the nice comment and for visiting this thread. As you've seen so far, the protag does get to decide yes/no to things. Now when you say "please NO forced actions pls" that is up for debate. If you're saying "Please do not have any sexual themes that are forced, that you yourself cannot reject", then you have no worries. Even with that scene at the end of Chapter 1, you can say no and not proceed with what "could" happen in that scene.

Sexual themes aside, you will in-game have to make decisions. And those decisions I plan later on will be some very tough ones, which will not be without consequences. Without giving too much away people are starting to speculate and read what I said previously on what sort of decisions those might be. Of course, to find out what really happens you'll all have to play the game and the finale arc when "shit hits the fan". So you will have to sexual themes aside make some very tough decisions.

But thank you again for playing this game and I hope that you'll enjoy later releases in the future.

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to try it out, for the nice comment and for visiting this thread. As you've seen so far, the protag does get to decide yes/no to things. Now when you say "please NO forced actions pls" that is up for debate. If you're saying "Please do not have any sexual themes that are forced, that you yourself cannot reject", then you have no worries. Even with that scene at the end of Chapter 1, you can say no and not proceed with what "could" happen in that scene.

Sexual themes aside, you will in-game have to make decisions. And those decisions I plan later on will be some very tough ones, which will not be without consequences. Without giving too much away people are starting to speculate and read what I said previously on what sort of decisions those might be. Of course, to find out what really happens you'll all have to play the game and the finale arc when "shit hits the fan". So you will have to sexual themes aside make some very tough decisions.

But thank you again for playing this game and I hope that you'll enjoy later releases in the future.
thank you very much for explaining and YES that is what I mean as you said "you will in-game have to make decisions" (y) (y) cause whatever the consequences but it still will be the player choice , thank you again for Great game with Female MC .(y):love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: SakuraBlossomGames

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
FIRST BATCH OF F95 SIGNATURES. If you enjoyed this game and want to show your support, then please consider adding a signature onto your accounts signature setting. Be sure to URL link this games thread please upon doing so:
F95 Thread

FairwoodRetreat87SignatureTemplateDawn.gif FairwoodRetreat87SignatureTemplateTiffany.gif FairwoodRetreat87SignatureTemplateTanya.gif FairwoodRetreat87SignatureTemplateTara.gif FairwoodRetreat87SignatureTemplateVanessa.gif

FIRST BATCH OF OFF-SITE SIGNATURES. If you enjoyed this game and want to show your support, then please consider adding a signature onto other off-site accounts. Be sure to URL link this to my Patreon or Itch.io page when doing so:

FairwoodRetreat87SignatureTemplateDawn2.gif FairwoodRetreat87SignatureTemplateTiffany2.gif FairwoodRetreat87SignatureTemplateTanya2.gif FairwoodRetreat87SignatureTemplateTara2.gif FairwoodRetreat87SignatureTemplateVanessa2.gif

Kind regards all, :love:

LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022
Very promising start so far.
I always liked these kind of horror movies, so the plot will most likely be to my taste (allthough not really shown atm as it is a rather early version).

The characters we got to meet (outside of the prolouge) are both beautiful and lovely. It is important for me to have quite unique personalities in LIs when it comes to non-harem games, and from what I gathered so far you'll accomplish that nicely. The main character is beautiful and I allready am anxious about losing her to a dire fate.

I'm excited to see how you'll present the late 80. vibe in regards to public behavior and general belief, especially when it comes to same-sex relationships and the repercussions of it. Most horror movies from that time period had still a fixated hetero-only mindset, maybe with an odd shoe-in of the stereotypical rebel lesbian.

Since your male characters so far are rather disgusting, I really hope we don't have to endure larger portions of "voyeur" scenes. Maybe throw in one or two more likable examples for good measure?

All in all I am very excited to see where this will go. I won't leave a review yet because I don't think there's enough to do it justice. Keep up the awesome work.

Oh and best girl
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
Very promising start so far.
I always liked these kind of horror movies, so the plot will most likely be to my taste (allthough not really shown atm as it is a rather early version).

The characters we got to meet (outside of the prolouge) are both beautiful and lovely. It is important for me to have quite unique personalities in LIs when it comes to non-harem games, and from what I gathered so far you'll accomplish that nicely. The main character is beautiful and I allready am anxious about losing her to a dire fate.

I'm excited to see how you'll present the late 80. vibe in regards to public behavior and general belief, especially when it comes to same-sex relationships and the repercussions of it. Most horror movies from that time period had still a fixated hetero-only mindset, maybe with an odd shoe-in of the stereotypical rebel lesbian.

Since your male characters so far are rather disgusting, I really hope we don't have to endure larger portions of "voyeur" scenes. Maybe throw in one or two more likable examples for good measure?

All in all I am very excited to see where this will go. I won't leave a review yet because I don't think there's enough to do it justice. Keep up the awesome work.

Oh and best girl

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit this thread and give this feedback. There are many who are nostalgic of the 80s, as well as just in general love the culture and many aspects of that decade, so am glad to hear that you're potentially one of those that this game will appeal to.

I hope that you'll enjoy future chapters of this game going forwards and you've made some excellent and insightful points in general. Will have to see what direction I take the story as time goes on.;)

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
Fun little AVN dev character face train response, courtesy thanks for the tag Daggum Games (with my own tags applied in my own post to other AVN devs to keep the character train going).

1712668983058.png
SBG
Also shared on the development Discord and Patreon a respective posts.
Both Patreon & Discord links can be found via the threads description bio.

Hope you're having a lovely week so far y'all! And for those of you who were able to see it, I hope that you lot over in America were able to enjoy the Eclipse! Blessed Be! :cool:

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
Could someone please explain how to add the signature of this game! I love it so much!
Evening there. Thank you for taking the time to visit this thread, for leaving a comment, as well as trying out the game as that means a lot. :)

At first it took me some figuring out to do, but is pretty simple and quick to do, so have put a very step by step process for you below. :cool:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Levitation
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote