VN Ren'Py Fake Father [Second v0.1] [Netero3009]

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I honestly don't know why devs try to write VN's in English if they don't properly know the language, it makes no sense to do it.. and it really ruins the VN, it's all too common these days. What a shame.
Simple answer for that question, bigger market. Even if it was free game, you want most available players to play it, so you can get more visibility and perhaps at some point start making money out of games. And if there's people that really like the game and know the language better than you, they might offer help by proofreading/translating things.

netero3009

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2022
And I agree with other comments, grammatically and punctuation-wise, this update was horrible and definitely needs to be edited a lot.
Constantly switching genders and using wrong tenses, and even things like having the first word in a sentence without a capital letter. That's not excusable due to English not being your first language, it's simply not caring enough and not doing the necessary quality control
It's true, it's my fault. Sometimes I forget to check Google translations. I can't dedicate all my time to the game, so I apologize, sometimes I forget things.

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Nice game. There seems to be a continuity issue. After Chloe passes out drunk you just appear Lilly's bed, spanking her.

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
the game is good but i find it too rushed which ends up leaving several gaps (example when you finish talking to cloe we jump straight to the spanking that the MC gives Lily but we don't know the context) another complicated thing is the spelling mistakes several times I thought they were talking about someone else who wasn't in the scene which complicates if you don't pay attention, the game is good and has an interesting premise but the dev should polished the story, spelling and images to make the game have some success and he can make some money with it, the way it is going alot of players are going to leave and not make the game grow.

Reactions: jinxw1

Netrom

Dec 20, 2017
I like the game :) but BaasB could you please stop saying he/his/him about the females and stop saying she/her about the males?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I like the game :) but BaasB could you please stop saying he/his/him about the females and stop saying she/her about the males?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Baasb isn't the dev, also dev isn't native English speaker and don't seem to have proofreader to go through their text. Don't remember if it has been mentioned what language the dev speaks natively, but there are languages where there is no gendered pronouns, so it can be some times confusing to those that are not fluent enough in English.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I don't think the pronoun problems are on purpose. I get the impression the Dev uses a mostly machine translation, and with spanish having both masculine and feminine words regardless of the speaker or the subject, the pronouns probably get translated automatically.

My only real complaint about the content of the game is the complete lack of interaction with the wife, including her not getting even a name. That's not what the game's cover art implies. It looks like you should be able to seduce the wife as well, but it's never even approached.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
My only real complaint about the content of the game is the complete lack of interaction with the wife, including her not getting even a name. That's not what the game's cover art implies. It looks like you should be able to seduce the wife as well, but it's never even approached.
Kind of makes sense thought, at least for the moment. She hates her husband with passion, incoming divorce and could rather easily get suspicious of MC's behavior, or uncover him if his knowledge doesn't add up. Who knows, maybe in the future.

HPZAT

Mar 9, 2018
Baasb isn't the dev, also dev isn't native English speaker and don't seem to have proofreader to go through their text. Don't remember if it has been mentioned what language the dev speaks natively, but there are languages where there is no gendered pronouns, so it can be some times confusing to those that are not fluent enough in English.
It's not confusing but I still make these kind of mistakes when I speak Swedish (not as much of practice as with English). Written language is a totally different thing and these kind of mistakes don't really happen unless you use machine translation.

kratos1234

Dec 27, 2018
no problem spent the last 10 minutes deleting file going to spent another hour double checking & also know have to change passwords and every other sensitive information :(
In another 2 games I also skip the antivirus I don't know if it's because it's where the file is hosted
in this when I download it I don't skip anything

I think both were hosted on pixeldrain

BobBobBob321

Sep 30, 2021
In another 2 games I also skip the antivirus I don't know if it's because it's where the file is hosted
in this when I download it I don't skip anything
It's a pain i always read comments just to be sure no issues I try to scan everything but this time forgot but computer slowed down so scanned it and found multiple trojans so going to have to review computer to hopefully find any scan missed

Reactions: kratos1234

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Renpy sometimes give false positives. Not the first game to do so. Not to say that it can't, but I don't think this one does. Unless it's files has changed since i last downloaded.

BobBobBob321

Sep 30, 2021
Renpy sometimes give false positives. Not the first game to do so. Not to say that it can't, but I don't think this one does. Unless it's files has changed since i last downloaded.
I tried today found multiple trojans and after looking found more but up to u I used MEGA and tried GOFile not sure if second party uploaded trojan files and replaced link or developer did but I'm just warning people. I would like to play game but not going to destroy my computer to do so. sorry if my English isn't the best but again it's a friendly warning

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes