4.10 star(s) 28 Votes

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Reley was in the original story. She's getting a lot more fleshing out now though than she had been.
Was she? I don't remember her at all, she was Elisabeth's sister?

Edit: I vaguely remember her helping defend Elysium during the invasion, and that's about it.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Was she? I don't remember her at all, she was Elisabeth's sister?

Edit: I vaguely remember her helping defend Elysium during the invasion, and that's about it.
Ryle was Elisabeth's sister in the old story too. But she started working for Zenera and was part of the attack on Elysium and on Earth

Reactions: linkinn

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Ryle was Elisabeth's sister in the old story too. But she started working for Zenera and was part of the attack on Elysium and on Earth
Yeah, I don't remember her at all then. Love her in the remake tho.

Edit: She first appeared in Chapter 3, that's why I don't remember her, once the remake was announced I stopped playing waiting for it. Chapter 3 was released after the announcement.

You know she's probably gonna die......right?
As I said, I don't remember her at all from the old version. It would be weird to add a "love" stat and then just kill her, if the story still plays out as S1nsational said there might be something for her down the line.

Last edited:

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Well, remakes after this long are pretty hit or miss but for this one I think it's fine. Everything started to happen almost too quickly before as characters would get close for no apparent reason other than MC plot-aura. So hopefully that's addressed throughout the remake and the story allows for some actual relationship building so it's somewhat more believable.

Aldy1995

Aug 9, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load from archive scripts/partners.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 496, in main
File "renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
File "renpy/script.py", line 785, in load_appropriate_file

Why after play game in 3 sec force close
Play pc ver with joiplay on android

TrueDragon

Jul 13, 2020
Both sides have their merits. For the most part I share your thought process, but your goanna lose credibility when ya make statements like this. Makes ya look like ya only want to deny the other side and didn't matter what they actually say ya just goanna be contradictive.
And for those games that you mentioned, none of them are free. You have to buy those games, and then they're free to continue playing online. Certainly Halo Infinte and Apex. And yes I know Halo is or was on Gamepass. Not the point.
Apex and Fortnite are two widely known to be 100% FTP games. No Gamepass or Playstation Plus or whatever equivalent you want to use needed.

Reactions: Jnx and Cernunnos.

13th Sin Games

Fall of the Angels
Game Developer
Dec 26, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 496, in main
File "renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
File "renpy/script.py", line 785, in load_appropriate_file

Why after play game in 3 sec force close
Play pc ver with joiplay on android
That's strange... the script is in there or else I'd get a ton of complaints it didn't work

MOGGERrn

Apr 10, 2023
I don't wanna get spoiled, I'm currently playing the old version, should I continue playing before playing this new version or is it a completely different story?

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
... for now... or at least until I can think of good plot point of having it valid, lol. I personally don't mind the tag, but I do wanna make sure it'll fit without anyone feeling... hurt? If that makes any sense
I really hope you don't add it. So many Harem games have it and i for one dislike it and it is very hard to find a good VN that doesn't have it. And making it avoidable is fine but adds extra work. Personally i would just leave it out if ppl is looking for girl/girl action there is tons of VNs out there that has it.

Reactions: qaywsx

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
Hold on.....someone please tell me the developer did NOT pull the same sleazy bullshit that was pulled with "Scarlet Law".

Scarlet Law reached 2.0, then IMMEDIATELY after that, the game was restarted, with the claim of wanting to re-do the graphics. The plot was reversed back to the initial release, and that dev has SLOWLY been releasing content. So slowly, that even now, about a year after the re-release, he STILL isn't back to where the story was.
It doesn't seem fair to compare every dev who decides to flesh out/rework their story to the shenanigans the Scarlet Law dev has been perpetrating with their continuous remake model of game development. Scarlet Law dev didn't just start remaking their game once. They claim every time that they're remaking to improve writing and render quality, but the narrative and visual quality seem more low effort with each rework. Scarlet Law's rework timing isn't why they're a sleazy dev. They've established a pattern of starting a rework to avoid finishing the game, while simultaneously releasing an inferior product each time. This dev's pattern so far seems to be that they're working toward their stated goals for their rework and may have already acheived some of them.

Various kinds of reworks are really common with indie games to attempt to improve player experience as well as attract new players (especially if they feel new players are bouncing off some aspect of their early work that they could fix with the rework). Personally, I prefer devs to wait until the game is complete to do reworks of any kind or add bonus content. It's a lot more common to either try to do reworks concurrently with game development or to pause active development to focus on completing the rework as quickly as possible. Nevertheless, I wish the dev luck with their rework and hope it doesn't end up stalling out development on the rest of the game

Reactions: Shadowen

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Play the old one first, lol.
I'm actually curious here: why?

Reports are that the story is already significantly altered in the remake prologue, so what does playing the old version benefit someone? It gets them to a point that will never be completed, and it shows characters and events that may be completely different, interactions that won't have happened that way, and so on. It feels like it would be more confusing than anything else.

I have to echo what another poster said: I did not play old Chapter 3 because of the announcement of the rework and having to meet several new characters who I wouldn't see again for years given the development pace and how long it took just to get a prologue. These factors combined all made me mostly lose interest in the game as a whole, and I'd been following it for a while (been in the Discord since January 2023, at least).

Reactions: Wolfeszorn

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021

Reports are that the story is already significantly altered in the remake prologue, so what does playing the old version benefit someone? It gets them to a point that will never be completed, and it shows characters and events that may be completely different, interactions that won't have happened that way, and so on. It feels like it would be more confusing than anything else.

I have to echo what another poster said: I did not play old Chapter 3 because of the announcement of the rework and having to meet several new characters who I wouldn't see again for years given the development pace and how long it took just to get a prologue. These factors combined all made me mostly lose interest in the game as a whole, and I'd been following it for a while (been in the Discord since January 2023, at least).
I mean there is a metric shit tonne of content in the old one so that's a reason to play it. Like just to be clear I do agree with you that there's no point in playing something that'll never be finished (talking about the old one) but there's enough there to get attached to the characters and hype yourself for the remake as well as fap to.

rogokin

Jul 4, 2020
Really like the new version great job so far. Ryley getting more of a background and story is great I like her.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I mean there is a metric shit tonne of content in the old one so that's a reason to play it. Like just to be clear I do agree with you that there's no point in playing something that'll never be finished (talking about the old one) but there's enough there to get attached to the characters and hype yourself for the remake as well as fap to.
I have less than zero interest in seeing multiple versions of the same story. The interactions are different, the personalities are often different, and the experiences shared between the girls and the MC are all different. I'd rather have a game completed, even with a weak first act, and then play a sequel with the same MC or a game with different characters.

I can count the number of successful, completed games that underwent one of these kind of late-game deep reworks on one hand (and still have most of the fingers on that hand left over).

13th Sin Games

Fall of the Angels
Game Developer
Dec 26, 2019

I only say to play it because it'd be nice to compare and contrast, I suppose. Nothing really too crazy. And I'm sorry that it's taken this long to only put out a fraction of what the Remake has to offer... do I get satisfaction out of it? No, I just wanted to apply what all I learned into something new or something.

Yes, I probably could have just went on to Chapter IV, and you all would have likely been much happier had I done that. Me personally, I would have been kinda happy, but I took a gamble in deciding to go back and add a lot of what I felt like was missing from the old version. Is it perfect? Fuck no, and I'll take any backlash that comes my way. But again, just wanted to be able to add more story and content... even if many don't feel or see it that way.

I don't expect to gain much sympathy from this move of doing a Remake now. All I can really do is hope to prove the move was justified.

Also, this wasn't mainly directed to you, but everyone in general, lol. I do apologize either way if it seems a bit negative or anything

Reactions: Shadowen and Ty27

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
And strangely enough, I can't wait to see this remake. I loved the first version and it's the only game where I don't mind waiting, especially if there are positive changes. Let's see how it goes!

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
I have to say I really enjoyed the rework. The models look a lot better but was a bit disappointed on how short the first version was. Hopefully the wait won't be too long before the next one comes out.

4.10 star(s) 28 Votes