3.90 star(s) 38 Votes

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Is this game abandoned? A month with no updates and they're losing patrons rapidly.
Theres the 0.1 release in late september and 0.2 early january. From those data points you can extrapolate the approximate release date for 0.3.
I suspect the devs being russian means they wont bother making english patreon posts too often.

Gagoloth

Oct 18, 2017
Not really. They lost about 24 patrons on February First, Not really a huge drop, but it does tell you something. People want info and release dates. If you stop posting info or updates on a regular basis people lose interest. A simple teaser would keep people interested and paying between updates. Little art sneak peek or even updates on how development is doing would suffice.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Not really. They lost about 24 patrons on February First, Not really a huge drop, but it does tell you something. People want info and release dates. If you stop posting info or updates on a regular basis people lose interest. A simple teaser would keep people interested and paying between updates. Little art sneak peek or even updates on how development is doing would suffice.
Not to contradict your points about people wanting updates because that is true, but pages losing patrons on the first of the month more frequently is a sign that those were scam patrons whose charges were rejected. Dvoika's loss only stands out as a "large percentage" because they're still such a small page with under a thousand patrons.

Wedged

Jan 30, 2018
Didn't version 2.0 drop a month ago? Is there something wrong with it? Is the OP and thread title locked at v0.1g for a reason?

Edit: Thanks, crust

Iggybousse

Jun 16, 2017
The negativity I see here in certain comments are quite funny.
Most developers don't give much info on their patreon and a sneak peak doesn't tell you much honestly.
What matter more to me is what they deliver every month and not what they tell you during the progress.
So far, I can't really be negative when it comes to this game, it's well made for a 0.2 and the updates are solid.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Most developers don't give much info on their patreon and a sneak peak doesn't tell you much honestly.
What matter more to me is what they deliver every month and not what they tell you during the progress.
So far, I can't really be negative when it comes to this game, it's well made for a 0.2 and the updates are solid.
Couch devs always think they know better. Drops in the first day of the month happen because that is when a pledge made in the previous month end. This happens to every patreon developer.

Anyway, time for some news:

Well, it's been over a month since our last post. We apologize for the long absence, we needed some time away from the project to gain new experience and ideas, and begin to work with fresh forces.
What plans do we have? During two weeks we are going to release version 0.2 gamma, which will be fixed known bugs, added 2-3 new scenes, transfer saves system, new gameplay features and other trivia. If the difficulties do not arise, you will finally be able to take Ian to the team.

After that, we plan to expand the content for Shady Sands, continue the Tandi's story and adding new locations such as Khans camp. Аnd the list goes on.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Are you saying you want content creators to release a monthly build? If so I hate to break it to you but game development isn't that easy, especially with complex games, I'm not talking about VN's here. A full fledged walking interacting 2D/3D sprite/model, with intractable objects. Just give it a try, take some time and make a simple, walking 2D sprite, or if you feel like you're up to the challenge a walking, jumping, Swimming 3D model that can move in 3D space. I don't agree with the monthly releases, I however believe that the content creators, should at least post some dev log to the rest of us who are interested in the game. Then again that's just me and how I would conduct my business. Aside from this, back to the subject at matter.

Art looks good, I can't draw to save anyone's life, so I'm a bit envious of those who can. (Though I can 3D model and texture just fine) Haven't gotten far enough to give it a honest review (walked out the room and did 3 laps around the vault), killed my some molerats, ate a corpse (you know good old fashion fallout style)

J103

Sep 22, 2016

Help me dont no what to do here
Check the wall to the right before you enter that door, or at least I think it's the right side. I think there's something you can interact with there but it's not clearly visible.

Reactions: ponyguy

Gagoloth

Oct 18, 2017
Go back through the door, on the right wall you will see a little difference in the wall. That's the locker you have to put your stuff in. Took me a minute see it as well.

Reactions: ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017

Help me dont no what to do here
Before you go inside, to the right of the door there's a hard to see grey pipe-like object. Click on it to leave all your stuff there.

EDIT: Three answers for the price of one. Oops. XD

Reactions: Misaki

Gagoloth

Oct 18, 2017
Wasn't my intention to be "negative". I was simply replying to julkul question asking if the game was abandoned. I listed a couple of statistics from graphtreon and a possible explanation and cause. If that's negativity then I'm losing my mind.

z0r

Jun 1, 2017
Kinda late on the update don't ya think? Since .02 been out for like a month

aydetore

Nov 25, 2017
It's fun to watch how they cry about the fact that the game is abandoned. Probably you did not know that the developer is Russian and that's why he basically gets his game out on the Russian site (for example, v0.2 beta was released on January 3)

Reactions: Brololol

Iggybousse

Jun 16, 2017
Are you saying you want content creators to release a monthly build? If so I hate to break it to you but game development isn't that easy, especially with complex games, I'm not talking about VN's here. A full fledged walking interacting 2D/3D sprite/model, with intractable objects. Just give it a try, take some time and make a simple, walking 2D sprite, or if you feel like you're up to the challenge a walking, jumping, Swimming 3D model that can move in 3D space. I don't agree with the monthly releases, I however believe that the content creators, should at least post some dev log to the rest of us who are interested in the game. Then again that's just me and how I would conduct my business. Aside from this, back to the subject at matter.

Art looks good, I can't draw to save anyone's life, so I'm a bit envious of those who can. (Though I can 3D model and texture just fine) Haven't gotten far enough to give it a honest review (walked out the room and did 3 laps around the vault), killed my some molerats, ate a corpse (you know good old fashion fallout style)
I didn't say I want a monthly release, alot of devs do however, parallel to the monthly Patreon payment date mostly.
But again, I didn't ask for that, I was just saying.

3.90 star(s) 38 Votes