3.80 star(s) 66 Votes

nonymouse

Jan 4, 2018
My camera is bugged, the game starts under the ground
Maybe you didn't download the updated copy where this is fixed. Either download it again to get the fixed version.

OR

Follow the instructions on this post here to edit your Paralogue0.17\WindowsNoEditor\Paralogue\Saved\CamPos.config file to the right value

Just a heads up, the CamPos.config file on your cracked version is messed up (atleast for me). The camera appears outside of the map and there's no way to move it back into the map. The camera also didn't follow the actors when you chose positions. I went and downloaded the noncracked version and copied the CamPos.config values from that over to your cracked version. Fixing the issue. Just putting this out there for anybody that wants to know how to fix it if they're experiencing the same issue. I'll paste the values in the spoiler below.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I appreciate what you guys are doing and thanks for uploading the cracked version of 0.17. Wish I could understand how to crack stuff, but that shit's way above my IQ level lol.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

May 21, 2019
Maybe you didn't download the updated copy where this is fixed. Either download it again to get the fixed version.

OR

Follow the instructions on this post here to edit your Paralogue0.17\WindowsNoEditor\Paralogue\Saved\CamPos.config file to the right value
so what about your fps??

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
If the author actually keep adapting the crack and Bupo keep staying to guide, this would be a great place to learn for cracking stuff :D
That seems to be happening. But I'm retired. Only posted this one because nonymouse read and learned and tried. That inspires me.

For those having performance issues: Change resolution. I cracked the game on my 4K monitor, so many settings may be specific to my rig. I run a 4K setup, multiple monitors, blablabla... The author uses local file settings instead of using UnrealEngine SaveGame objects. So stuff got overwrote by mine. Too lazy to cleanup. *yawn* And despite poor optimization in the game, I get a solid vsync on my rig but I have a big rig.

Mr.Shark

May 5, 2017
For those having performance issues: Change resolution.
That was the first thing i went after but everything was set how it was supposed to be. If i want to have same FPS as in ver. 0.16 i have to lower quality from high to low. I didn't have to do that in 0.16. Could be some fuck up from dev who knows.

edale

Apr 1, 2018
I have the updated version of the crack, and it's definitely the non-VR version... But SteamVR starts up with Paralogue 0.17 (nothing is actually sent to my headset though... which is a shame, it'd be great to get a VR view with the non-VR controls... I don't have VR controllers or tracking, just the headset), and closing SteamVR closes the game...

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I have the updated version of the crack, and it's definitely the non-VR version... But SteamVR starts up with Paralogue 0.17 (nothing is actually sent to my headset though... which is a shame, it'd be great to get a VR view with the non-VR controls... I don't have VR controllers or tracking, just the headset), and closing SteamVR closes the game...
Unreal Engine has API that talks to SteamVR if it is available. But the game must also do more than just "enable" support for VR. It needs to set up cameras and such. You need the VR version. Waiting on someone to upload it.

You can try editing: .\WindowsNoEditor\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\SteamVR.uplugin: "EnabledByDefault" : true, set false?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
That was the first thing i went after but everything was set how it was supposed to be. If i want to have same FPS as in ver. 0.16 i have to lower quality from high to low. I didn't have to do that in 0.16. Could be some fuck up from dev who knows.
Okay that took a whole second but I managed to forcibly re-enable the console to do some testing. This build is slower than 0.16 builds. Not crack's fault. Dev.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Bupo, you've retired now but, will you still be active on this forum? I'm new to this forum but not new to programing and always wanted to get better at reverse engineering. I've some free time now and what better time to learn than the present. Do you have any pointer to good information on reverse engineering, books, videos, links, whatever for beginners and, if you are still going to be active on these forums do you mind people asking questions?
More or less distracted by life for now. Trying to eat every day and save up enough to emigrate out of this fascist nazi country. I'd suggest learning the x86 architecture. That'd get you started. A bit vague, I know, but to try and summarize over a decade and a half of fairly usually 16-hours of PC-per day is...difficult considering I've so many interests and so many also tie to reverse-engineering.

Last edited:
Reactions: yomamasass

edale

Apr 1, 2018
Unreal Engine has API that talks to SteamVR if it is available. But the game must also do more than just "enable" support for VR. It needs to set up cameras and such. You need the VR version. Waiting on someone to upload it.

You can try editing: .\WindowsNoEditor\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\SteamVR.uplugin: "EnabledByDefault" : true, set false?
Editing that file, or even completely deleting that file, doesn't stop SteamVR. My understanding is to stop Unreal Engine from loading SteamVR at startup for non-VR games something needs to be done dev-side before compiling the game...

I actually can't use the VR version, as I only have a headset with 3 degrees of tracking, and no VR controllers (I mostly use it for watching 3D movies and things like Waifu Sex Simulator). I can get it going for a short time with FreePIE, but I can't actually figure out how to set controls in FreePIE, and all the pre-made configs I can find for other games don't map too well to Fallen Doll... and I have to install and uninstall the setup every time I want to use it, because I can't use my gamepad as an actual gamepad while it's setup... That's why I was saying the non-VR version's controls on one with VR output would be awesome.

As to someone uploading the VR version?
https://f95zone.to/threads/paralogue-v0-16-project-helius.33403/post-2216561
Not sure when it got edited into that post, but it's there now.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Editing that file, or even completely deleting that file, doesn't stop SteamVR. My understanding is to stop Unreal Engine from loading SteamVR at startup for non-VR games something needs to be done dev-side before compiling the game...

I actually can't use the VR version, as I only have a headset with 3 degrees of tracking, and no VR controllers (I mostly use it for watching 3D movies and things like Waifu Sex Simulator). I can get it going for a short time with FreePIE, but I can't actually figure out how to set controls in FreePIE, and all the pre-made configs I can find for other games don't map too well to Fallen Doll... and I have to install and uninstall the setup every time I want to use it, because I can't use my gamepad as an actual gamepad while it's setup... That's why I was saying the non-VR version's controls on one with VR output would be awesome.

As to someone uploading the VR version?
https://f95zone.to/threads/paralogue-v0-16-project-helius.33403/post-2216561
Not sure when it got edited into that post, but it's there now.
Editing the plugin is usually the way to disable it. As I don't have a common VR hardware setup (very obscure), I can't test these things. As for the VR version, I'll cracked it. I have no filehost accounts (I don't use filehosts normally). This one shouldn't have those camera issues. Remember though, there seems to be a performance change between 0.16 and 0.17. Not a result of crack. I can simply skip the protection and not bother anything and it behaves meh.

Last edited:

Skyzwind

Dec 22, 2018
That seems to be happening. But I'm retired. Only posted this one because nonymouse read and learned and tried. That inspires me.
Yea I understand you post this time is an exception. I found the most interesting part is that we noob keep trying and you are guiding us, so if the author adapted, next time a new puzzle will appear for us to solve and you will guide us knowing all the answer, kinda like a game and it is a great learning opportunity.

AdultPro2017

Mar 16, 2018
Editing the plugin is usually the way to disable it. As I don't have a common VR hardware setup (very obscure), I can't test these things. As for the VR version, I'll cracked it. I have no filehost accounts (I don't use filehosts normally). This one shouldn't have those camera issues. Remember though, there seems to be a performance change between 0.16 and 0.17. Not a result of crack. I can simply skip the protection and not bother anything and it behaves meh.

Please no VR :)

edale

Apr 1, 2018
Reuploaded Bupo's shared cracks to mega. Credit where it's due for BupoTiling03-Retired cracking it, and nonymouse for inspiring Bupo to not give up on us just yet. :D

Paralogue 0.17 cracked links:

Non-VR:
Mega:
Transfer.sh:

VR:
Mega:
Transfer.sh:

3.80 star(s) 66 Votes