3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Homey1111

Mar 21, 2019
I've been a backer of this for like a year, and this was the biggest slap in the face I've experienced with a Patreon-funded lewd game. The online harem mode is obnoxious and forced. Literally no one asked for it. All the time used to develop it could've gone into more actual content (animation, monsters etc) which what people play this for. Gacha-like progression is ridiculously slow and grindy for no reason.

I hope this gets cracked, not for me, I'm done with it. I just want them to fail.
What are you even talking about? How can the mode be obnoxious and forced when its not even playable right now? Of all the things currently wrong with it and thats what you go with?

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
What are you even talking about? How can the mode be obnoxious and forced when its not even playable right now? Of all the things currently wrong with it and thats what you go with?
Obnoxious and forced sums up Harem Mode perfectly.

niarax

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2017
Harem mode always worked for me (the two or three times I tried playing it, that is). I know some people had issues even getting into the mode, not to mention being locked out for "suspicious login activity", but these technical hurdles can be fixed eventually.

What can't be fixed is the stupid direction this game took. They're fully on track to gacha hell, and we were just along for the ride. And yeah, I guess I could've seen it coming, but I had hope it wouldn't be so bad.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

kblah40

Mar 11, 2020
I get people being annoyed at an always online mode - I am too, frankly - but this plan has been on patreon...for basically the entire year . . There was time to pull out your funding if you were doing it monthly.

I

Honestly I'd say if you're complaining about a closed beta test not being stable, then I have an FPS set in 2042 to sell you.

At least do your due diligence first to make sure you have the info before yelling that this wasn't planned or what you expected. The onus is on you to read up on what you spend your money on, at the end of the day. No one forced you to hand over your money, and no one is forcing you to keep giving money either.

But yes, comms were abysmal - all over discord, patreon, twitter or whatever. Really wish that was better. There is a limit to digging that should be done. That, and I think more consistent comms would've smoothed out expectations with more people.

And yes obviously we can't take everything Helius says at face value. Whether you trust him with your money or not is up to you. I've only pledged once (a good while ago now) to help him continue this development myself because of Patreons going under, kickstarters going under, indiegogo's going under, fucking gofundme's going under. At that point, I was happy with Fallen Doll 1.31 and Paralogue to say that it was worth my money then. You shouldn't be buying things based on future promises. I guess this is a good wake up call for some on the value of their money.

TL;DR Stop pre-ordering games lol

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
Sunk cost fallacy alongside FOMO (fear of missing out) and habit building (by time gating progression) are the three pillars of gacha games.
Couldn't have said it better. I was considering (barely lol) buying through their Patreon over a year ago until I saw that crappy fomo scheme of empty monthly costume promises.
Let's talk hypothetically for just a moment. Let's imagine a bizarre, twisted world where Helius isn't a scumbag and can be taken at face value... In this upside-down hypothetical, who is the target audience who finds this gacha multiplayer harem mode they've wasted the last year of development on desirable?
I love this exercise. It's very satisfying to look at nonsense from a genuine perspective, and completely dismantle flawed logic. Sadly the target audience for gacha is a small percentage of the population that genuinely need help and are being taken advantage of. Without my own determination through circumstance, I could easily be the target of a scam like this. I know what it's like to chase numbers for "efficiency" when there is little real point or enjoyment. I have no sympathy for scum that use these manipulative tactics in any way. Everyone's time is too valuable to be so blatantly wasted just to pump numbers for the scammers ego. Doesn't matter if those numbers are play time or bank account, it's still wasted time that you can't get back.

On a less serious note. I've enjoyed the entertainment from this clusterfuck. :KEK: :HideThePain:

Last edited:

Greywraith

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i had my bags packed ready to abandon ship the second i saw "You have to run it on Steam" and "Online mode", but that Gacha like mess was the straw honestly.

Technical faults of the Closed beta be damned i already expected that, i mean the game has basically been that since ages... but what was supposed to remedy that in the Closed Beta, being "Harem mode" did the very opposite, the concept was outright repulsive, the technical issues looked heavenly in comparison to the design.
0.34 was the last good thing they have done.

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
Tbh wildlife has way more content than this game. Better animations and gameplay. FD has better looking character models and transition between animations is better. Wildlife animations don't have any transitions.
Fallen doll character models aren't better looking per se, They've been made over the top because they're literally the only content the game has. So you've got these pixel packed models that absolutely smash your framerate (just because it has more in it, doesn't mean it's better). The majority of animations is simply going in visually, but most of them don't have proper stretching of the models orifices. Most of their animations are also very rough and have some of the most awkward movements of the breasts to top it off. Like watching someone using a skip it from the 80's.

I'd say objectively they look much worse than wild life models as you can really tell how much effort went into their models down to the smallest detail, FD's are just your generic big tit and ass models with not much else.

"Wildlife animations don't have any transitions"

This part here confuses me, as they have a ton of transitions between their sex scenes, actually confused as to how you came to this thought. Maybe you meant FD had no transitions, as that would be correct. I don't consider hitting a button on the side to end the sex scene a transition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johanna Jane

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
sniped for response

hell yay this closed beta rapes my 3080, I get like 20fps in it...

I've been a backer of this for like a year, and this was the biggest slap in the face I've experienced with a Patreon-funded lewd game. The online harem mode is obnoxious and forced. Literally no one asked for it. All the time used to develop it could've gone into more actual content (animation, monsters etc) which what people play this for. Gacha-like progression is ridiculously slow and grindy for no reason.

I hope this gets cracked, not for me, I'm done with it. I just want them to fail.
lol saw it from a mile away, that why I stopped my backing in feb when they announced this junk. you would be wise to stop supporting them

This part here confuses me, as they have a ton of transitions between their sex scenes, actually confused as to how you came to this thought. Maybe you meant FD had no transitions, as that would be correct. I don't consider hitting a button on the side to end the sex scene a transition.
what that user meant that WL animations don't transition properly for the most part, very few animations have the complete phases of foreplay, penetration/actual act/climax

their new demo animations are very good and have full transition. Steve also said in light of this game gacha bs that wild life will not have any of that trash

Last edited:

emptyslot

Oct 1, 2018
99% sure that is completely false. They already said that the two modes are incompatible and they can't add new stuff to the gallery without a complete rework. Also..I have no new scenes after opening like 40 packs.
I litterally masturbated to my unlocked scenes yesterday. So yes. This is how it works. At least yesterday.

Reactions: Johanna Jane

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
what that user meant that WL animations don't transition properly for the most part, very few animations have the complete phases of foreplay, penetration/actual act/climax
I got that part, the issue I had is FD literally has zero transition other than entry (and it's honestly a waste of time). Steve has already begun on more transitions as that's what the campaign scenes are for. That's why I was confused, because it's factually incorrect that wildlife has none and least of all, less than FD.

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
I litterally masturbated to my unlocked scenes yesterday. So yes. This is how it works. At least yesterday.
Had you played the gallery before? because most of the online scenes are just the old gallery scenes. At no point has anyone else claimed the scenes are being unlocked via gallery as even the communications staff has said it's not really backwards compatible atm.

Hell, the gallery is missing a handful of scenes that were there before and still haven't returned. I've been checking it daily to see if he'd buckle and try to add them, but nobody else is reporting the new scenes unlocking in gallery as they said it wasn't currently possible due to them being separate instances. Not sure what gallery you're playing, but I don't think it's FD.

Maybe if you took a screen shot and posted it here of one of the actual new scenes and not one of the 0.34 ones we might be able to figure this out.

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
Females look so weird. They look like loli characters. Only one who does look like a normal human is the dr. No wonder her scenes are the best in the game by far.
They couldn't even get their 4th character in as it looks like an absolute child. I'll be surprised if they manage to get her in with little changes. Hopefully it will come with a toggle to hide it as most people don't want a child looking character to have sex with, let alone just having it in the background standing around.

Thing could cosplay as an ironing board.

Can deff tell what part of the world influences their art style.

Reactions: magaclaawe

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
I got that part, the issue I had is FD literally has zero transition other than entry (and it's honestly a waste of time). Steve has already begun on more transitions as that's what the campaign scenes are for. That's why I was confused, because it's factually incorrect that wildlife has none and least of all, less than FD.
their campaign scenes are top tier, a f95 user made a mod that allowed you to use maya scenes with other girls which is sick as hell

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
their campaign scenes are top tier, a f95 user made a mod that allowed you to use maya scenes with other girls which is sick as hell
Nice, I haven't tested it in months so I have no clue how progress is going. Got tired of supporting and not getting a confirmed copy for the finished product. Also kinda got burnt out testing it each release so I think I'm waiting for the finished project in a few years.

Glad to see some have managed to mod parts of it and hopefully that becomes a developer sanctioned thing in the future. Mods make everything better or that's what mount and blade taught me.

Aug 23, 2017
hm didnt work. is this for the playtest version?
Yep, it's the playtest build from the MEGA link that was posted. This key might be out of order or formatted wrong - the official UnrealPak tool wasn't accepting the 0.34 encryption key so I made my own PAK extractor that I use now, and it might take the key a bit differently.

emptyslot

Oct 1, 2018
Again. I used the gallery. And when I did that, all of the experiments I unlocked were available in gallery mode. That was not the case the first time I tried the gallery mode. But yesterday that was the way it worked. The models were also much more similar to the ones in harem mode. Since I also have the cracked 0.34 version on my system for comparision, I litereally can say that new scenes are now available in the gallery after playing a little of the shitty harem mode.

They also didnt announce it yet, but I got a in-game mail with a booster backage, thats how I unlocked the scenes in the first place

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
Again. I used the gallery. And when I did that, all of the experiments I unlocked were available in gallery mode. That was not the case the first time I tried the gallery mode. But yesterday that was the way it worked. The models were also much more similar to the ones in harem mode. Since I also have the cracked 0.34 version on my system for comparision, I litereally can say that new scenes are now available in the gallery after playing a little of the shitty harem mode.

They also didnt announce it yet, but I got a in-game mail with a booster backage, thats how I unlocked the scenes in the first place
Again, can we please get a screen shot showing the new scenes in gallery mode? I want to believe you, but you're literally the only person to claim that the new scenes are there when even the developers team say it's currently not possible due to current design differences between the two modes.

I apologize if I come off as an ass, but I've been baited plenty by the "just trust me bro".

Reactions: Howdo
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes