3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
As far as I recall, external patching workarounds were against Steam ToS?

But then again, that's the least of Scamlius worries, why bother when you can just buy assets and resell as DLC/season passes? :cool: All the kids will eat it up if it's packed properly ♫
nothing's against the steam TOS as long as you have someone to "create the patch themselves" then distribute it.
Nobody will go into legal investigations over pixels

Reactions: BobKilan

BobKilan

Jun 26, 2019
Does a repack for VAM exist? Also whats up with its thread being 2 years old?
Not sure, but the game basically never updates now so if you pay once while you wont get any updates (or not most usually) for free odds are there will be either 0 new updates or they're extremely minor stuff as the developer works on VAM2 for the rest of eternity before releasing dropping it. The price isn't too high just make sure to get the creator version so you can do custom scenes and everything.

You can definitely find a lot of free content for it, however, such as on Kemono, torrent packs, and probably on here. The store and website also have free sections split from premium so you can filter.

Be warned, you need a pretty decent CPU to play it cause the optimization makes Operation Lovecraft and Helius look like legit god-tier optimization. Even a RTX 4090 will not save you if your CPU isn't good, especially in VR. Almost entirely single-threaded bottleneck, too, so you need good single-thread performance. Don't even get me started on load times as you get more custom assets because of the poorly designed file management system which is literally the worst, without an ounce of dispute, the video game industry has ever witnessed.

If you have sufficient specs and get it be warned it requires a PHd to use as someone else mentioned (okay, not really but it is clumsy). Expect to spend probably 1-2 hours truly tinkering with it to get a proper full grasp, but less than 10 mins to get started. There is a mod you can pay for or find elsewhere free called VamX that also makes it way more user friendly and is made by a third party modder, quite popular at this point, that does the developer's job for them implementing and improving the game in terms of ease of use / convenience, including making your own unique scenes without going through elaborate efforts.

As for the other question you asked me Nihil basically covered the gist of it.

TEXHAPb777

Apr 28, 2020
Does a repack for VAM exist? Also whats up with its thread being 2 years old?
Vam its very powerful tool to make scenes but need really a lot time to understand many aspects, in my case: texture paint, working with timeline to make good anim, adjust model with morphs, working with model physics, adjust light, etc. If you want to create good scene you need a lot time. On average my sessions are approximately 3-8 hours.
For example you can check LoveWolf's last works here, he using Vam too. Its not best example, i think he can do better, but still his works good in my opinion.

Last edited:

DwingF9

May 7, 2020
Haven't seen any discussion about it yet, but the game looks like it is going to be remade in Unreal Engine 5 now:

Current results for the poll as of the 23rd of December are:
Upgrade to UE5: 5,262 vs Stick to UE4: 1,090
The devs say if they switch to UE5 the game will no longer run on any graphics card below the GTX 1070 (Rip 1060s)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Novari

hpgol

Jun 12, 2022
Haven't seen any discussion about it yet, but the game looks like it is going to be remade in Unreal Engine 5 now:

The devs say if they switch to UE5 the game will no longer run on any graphics card below the GTX 1070 (Rip my 1060)
Also another excuse to keep the game in development to milk patrons

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
without actual news of this game's official release, this game's development process is going nowhere.

Relyks

Aug 9, 2020

The devs say if they switch to UE5 the game will no longer run on any graphics card below the GTX 1070 (Rip 1060s)
Didn't the dev claim they've been porting the game to UE5 for years already? These mfs got dementia.

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
Didn't the dev claim they've been porting the game to UE5 for years already? These mfs got dementia.
Not years, I think they've mentioned it but mostly up until earlier this year they were just on a hiatus not releasing anything for 14 months. Now they're in panic mode they've talked about finally bringing in combat drill, bringing back the VR functionality they removed and upgrading to UE5 as potential next steps.

Presuming they've steered this toward a UE5 upgrade as it's the least possible work that can be used to drag things out for another 6 months or so now that their subscriber count is back up. VR mode would probably be impractical to integrate with Harem and combat drill would require significant dev resource which isn't Helius' strong point.

They'll probably keep dragging it out until their subscriber count drops again then rinse and repeat. Maybe if things get really dire they'll say they're reversing course on Harem mode and have another rebuild.

Nyxcro

Sep 16, 2018
Not years, I think they've mentioned it but mostly up until earlier this year they were just on a hiatus not releasing anything for 14 months. Now they're in panic mode they've talked about finally bringing in combat drill, bringing back the VR functionality they removed and upgrading to UE5 as potential next steps.

Presuming they've steered this toward a UE5 upgrade as it's the least possible work that can be used to drag things out for another 6 months or so now that their subscriber count is back up. VR mode would probably be impractical to integrate with Harem and combat drill would require significant dev resource which isn't Helius' strong point.

They'll probably keep dragging it out until their subscriber count drops again then rinse and repeat. Maybe if things get really dire they'll say they're reversing course on Harem mode and have another rebuild.
So what you are saying is that i can actually fap to this game in 20 years,nice.

user0609

Dec 17, 2018

Happy Holidays! Update 0.7.9 is complete and available for download on Steam. We have mostly finished the optimization work and have started preparing for the release of Research Pass: Juzi before 2024 Lunar New Year.
In this update game loading speed is increased by 300% and RAM usage is decreased by 50%
Full change notes:

Reactions: Novari

Tay623

Oct 26, 2017
Wtfk pay every 36 dollar a month for a fking every new patch of the demo??? Newest patch is 0.79, and 0.8?? Omfg

Reactions: M_e_*
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes