3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

farom

Nov 13, 2020
The censor on the steam forums seems very loose nowadays.
A few years ago I remember a moderator "Ruby" killing all threads with discontent towards the game.
He's still active on other steam forums, so I wonder what happened?

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
A few years ago I remember a moderator "Ruby" killing all threads with discontent towards the game.
One of the main moderators that was silencing and deleting threads named Kira or Kerbonkles or something like this isn't part of the moderation team anymore.

Reactions: farom

Frankenjok

Aug 16, 2022
Not sure about the latest build but I tried it a few months back and they have a log output folder here: \Paralogue\Saved\ErrorLog

It might not catch this though as it seems like an initialisation error and the logging service might not have started running yet. When I looked their logger was really, really badly written as well so it might not catch anything. As it is it puts every single error into individual files rather than appending to one for a session, mangles the date and timestamp format and the error messages are useless so it may well just reiterate what you were already seeing.

*Failing that you could also look in Windows error logs by pressing windows key + x > event viewer > windows logs > application. It might give a hint as to what library or whatever it was hunting for and couldn't find.
I found this, does it mean anything?
1706026586623.png

Aug 13, 2020
There was a major breakout between Scamlius and the previous mods due to some questionable content in their discord, it got out of hand and in the end most, if not all of the old mods, quit, and were quickly replaced by other loyal followers.
No clowning/no pooping rule is still in full effect nonetheless.

Reactions: Ryproar and farom

Nungunner

Mar 19, 2023
Most people in this thread don't own the game so i'm not sure if you should take their words for it.

So far in 0.79 there are 2 new characters, roughly 100+ new sex scenes, 60 new outfit sets and 60 (not sure about this one, I haven't collected them all) costume pieces.
Some environment interactions like masturbation, glory hole and machine fuck.

iirc there will be a new character coming and the game will be upgraded into UE5 next month.

EDIT: Oh forgot that there's a new map and small things like framerate improvements and pole dance.

I hate to break it to you but the UE5 update will not be anytime soon, much like the previous "upgrade" where there was zero content for 18 months and the game development stalled even more than normal.
It's just the usual scammer cycle, the day before did the exact same thing. Stall for time with an "upgrade" that takes time, milk supporters and repeat.

I supported the game years a go and still have access to harem and would 100% say it is not worth the money right now. Even the demo has better textures, better frame rates, higher fidelity and other than some outfits (that mainly clip into the bodies and furniture) there's not much more in the current version.
I logged in last week to see if it had improved, most "new" poses are ones that were removed and most of the new character poses are just copy pasted off other girls, erotes really doesn't add anything to the game as it's still just an animation viewer, log in, have a difficult wank, log out. The demo is the best version of the game in all honesty.

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
Are we talking about the same game?
View attachment 3292094
They are suggesting that Helius won't actually deliver on the 10th which to be fair would be perfectly in line with his historic behaviour.

Personally I'm not so sure though, he seems to be pushing out patches at a steady clip recently. Maybe losing his mod team and his subs dropping through the floor after that 14+ month hiatus (and not recovering when he dropped 0.7.0 in a barely functional state) was a wakeup call. Upgrading to UE5 is also probably a quick win as I doubt the migration tool would break much for such a small project.

In my opinion nothing really interesting or meaningful is going to happen until he:
  1. Confirms Galatea is cancelled (that will be funny);
  2. Tries to integrate a new VR mode with Harem; or
  3. Implements combat drill.
1 is almost inevitable at this point, 2-3 are going to be a shit show like all of Helius' major patches. Everything in the interim is probably going to just be minor tweaks that don't meaningfully change anything.

It will also be fun when we get to the point where people who have paid $36 don't get any new characters they introduce. Especially since we're on track for that to happen before it even comes out of beta.

alocks

Mar 8, 2018
View attachment 3292094
Funny how everyone nowadays knows "everything". Migration from UE4 to UE5 is seamless. Basically, is just fixing whatever it wasn't converted properly, which doesn't take long. The major issue they could have, is if they didn't refactor the code, which they did already. For Pete's sake, the lack of updates last year and lack of development in the last years were really bad for sure, but do you guys really have the game? Lately the game is being updated quite frequently, and I really don't understand why you guys keep writing like the game is still in development hell, like it was 1~2 years ago.

Feels stupid to read the same shit every time. Parrots may I say.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
View attachment 3292094
The fact he didn't include screenshots makes me doubt that the UE5 transition is complete. This on top of the fact they just did the poll on whether to focus on UE5 or not, it just doesn't seem realistic. Majority of 2023 was spent bug fixing the big update that they most certainly weren't working on all of 2022 when we didn't receive any updates. To me it just sounds like more lies from Helius. His usual behavior of announcing something just for it to not be delivered on time.

Maybe I'm wrong, but unless they Project Helius team are suddenly awakened geniuses, most UE4 to UE5 transitions don't happen in a matter of weeks, they usually take months on top of more bugfixing. Look at Carnal Instinct and Wild Life for example, both games that have much more competent developers.

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
Maybe I'm wrong, but unless they Project Helius team are suddenly awakened geniuses, most UE4 to UE5 transitions don't happen in a matter of weeks, they usually take months on top of more bugfixing. Look at Carnal Instinct and Wild Life for example, both games that have much more competent developers.
Didn't Carnal Instinct basically redo their entire map during the transition though? I can't remember if wildlife changed dramatically, I think it was UE5 last time I played it but it was also all blockout and placeholders anyway, but either way both of them have way more stuff implemented than Helius does.

Kind of makes sense if it was a lot more straightforward for him especially if he isn't really changing anything. Plus his tolerance for bugs is... somewhat higher than CI or WL devs.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Funny how everyone nowadays knows "everything". Migration from UE4 to UE5 is seamless. Basically, is just fixing whatever it wasn't converted properly, which doesn't take long. The major issue they could have, is if they didn't refactor the code, which they did already. For Pete's sake, the lack of updates last year and lack of development in the last years were really bad for sure, but do you guys really have the game? Lately the game is being updated quite frequently, and I really don't understand why you guys keep writing like the game is still in development hell, like it was 1~2 years ago.

Feels stupid to read the same shit every time. Parrots may I say.
For context on why people are still doubtful; the game has been receiving updates more frequently, sure, but majority of those updates were bug fixing the patch we spent the entirety of 2022 waiting for, so don't think Helius has earned the benefit of the doubt yet, and not going to pretend like hes turned a new leaf. We got 2 new characters, which is nice, but characters are supposed to release quarterly(4 each year). Since 2023 was spent bugfixing the patch they very obviously neglected to work on/test throughout 2022, they're still "behind" by Helius' own release scheduling, but again that isn't anything new. If you're in the Discord server and look at the progress-report channel you'll see that's Helius' typical behavior of announcing something then missing the deadline and going silent about it or continually pretending like it's around the corner until it actually gets here.

I'm against shitting on developers when it's uncalled for, but Helius hasn't really done anything lately, in my eyes at least, for people to consider him trustworthy. I can admit that with all the updates that released in 2023 the game has improved compared to the initial early patch released back in March, but again, from my pov, after a year with no updates in 2022, the initial 2023 update had no business being as bad as it was.

Once we really start progressing and things like Combat Drills and Dormitory mode see the light of day, Helius can start earning good dev points, but until then he's just playing a game of delay and catch up still.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Didn't Carnal Instinct basically redo their entire map during the transition though? I can't remember if wildlife changed dramatically, I think it was UE5 last time I played it but it was also all blockout and placeholders anyway, but either way both of them have way more stuff implemented than Helius does.

Kind of makes sense if it was a lot more straightforward for him especially if he isn't really changing anything. Plus his tolerance for bugs is... somewhat higher than CI or WL devs.
Carnal Instinct's map did increase in size with the UE5 transition, but just going by what the WL devs were saying during the transition, majority of the workload came from the coding side of things and updating plugins and such so that features still worked after the transition. For ex. Wild Life UE5 version reverted back to the old fur system for a good while because plugins they needed for their newer improved fur system hadn't been updated yet. From a player's perspective as of now, I wouldn't really say WL changed dramatically with the UE5 transition. The WL devs spoke about the transition a decent amount and gave good insight on what goes on behind the scenes, but their old Discord server got hacked so all those convos are lost. I just remember them talking about the fur specifically because people kept asking about it.

The transition for WL dev team took a few months, and this is with a bigger dev team than Helius'.

Henri Okita

Mar 13, 2019
Hi everyone !
Wanted to replay the game, seen there is no update but it seems there is update for the official version.
I'm not against to buy it, at contrary, I liked Karryn's Prison for exemple and bought it.

But in Steam there is only a demo, does it contains the news things, or is this for a closed beta or something like this ?

Erest

Sep 9, 2018
Hi everyone !
Wanted to replay the game, seen there is no update but it seems there is update for the official version.
I'm not against to buy it, at contrary, I liked Karryn's Prison for exemple and bought it.

But in Steam there is only a demo, does it contains the news things, or is this for a closed beta or something like this ?
Hi, do not enter the abyss. Please wait the game completely done and release if it did happen then you may proceed with purchase. For more info you can check tons of pages or reviews about situation.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Hi, do not enter the abyss. Please wait the game completely done and release if it did happen then you may proceed with purchase. For more info you can check tons of pages or reviews about situation.
abyss? no. but this game has one of the slowest development than any game i know of. and the game is not completely done, if that were true it would be available to purchase on Steam's store, which it is not. To keep track of this game you can either go to their twitter or patron, but don't expect too much progress on updates or any game progress for the game.

Neon_simp

Mar 19, 2022
The game will never "come out". (Star citizen says hi)

No amount of money will ever be enough for them to give a complete product. This business model suits helius and it will continue to be used. You can purchase the key on patreon and thats all.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes