KoroG90

Mar 26, 2018
If you put Denuvo, expect the game to drop in sales DRASTICALLY. It's a cancer that has no place within DRM.

Reactions: Krull

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
x'DFuck, I bring news which I don't know is good or bad.
A Japanese publisher contacted me in order to sale the game in Japan, however they suggested us to add Denuvo DRM to the completed game and claimed they have the networking necessary to get it done.

I'm still not sure whether to take the bait...
I think they asked that for the sole purpose of them selling the game there , but you can keep the paetron version drm free.
Pretty much like some game are both on steam and gog, they just want drm for Japan sales.

It's all about publishing rights for that region/country, the game it's your IP.

Reactions: brynhildr and bas

Scrichta

Nov 26, 2017
change log?

edit (sorry, it's to know whether I should download the game again because there is a lot of new content or, for example, if the changes to this update are only "buffixes" and downloading it again would be a waste ofo time)

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
But if it's sold in Japan, what risk will the contract pose to the "sales" in other countries? Could they say not to give it away to patreon users? Or perhaps that all copies must have DRM? Or is it only the ones for Japan only? I'm all for the Dev getting more income however not at the risk of making the final product worse.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
x'DFuck, I bring news which I don't know is good or bad.
A Japanese publisher contacted me in order to sale the game in Japan, however they suggested us to add Denuvo DRM to the completed game and claimed they have the networking necessary to get it done.

I'm still not sure whether to take the bait...
Denuvo is known to cause trouble with performance, straight up crashes etc

This, plus it being implemented by some random japanese dudes... oof

Have you thought about putting it up on DLSite for Japan? Wouldnt that be easier, and save you all the trouble of having to sign weird contracts with random japanese people? I really dont know, just assuming.

It would probably just be implementing Denuvo themselves for the country and thats it, but its still signing contracts with random japanese people to implement something in YOUR game that will most likely cause trouble for the people that buys it.

Project Helius

Game Developer
May 20, 2018
Denuvo is known to cause trouble with performance, straight up crashes etc

This, plus it being implemented by some random japanese dudes... oof

Have you thought about putting it up on DLSite for Japan? Wouldnt that be easier, and save you all the trouble of having to sign weird contracts with random japanese people? I really dont know, just assuming.

It would probably just be implementing Denuvo themselves for the country and thats it, but its still signing contracts with random japanese people to implement something in YOUR game that will most likely cause trouble for the people that buys it.
Ugh, the aforementioned "Japanese publisher" is indeed DLsite...they are reaching out to western devs with their localized publishing service recently.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Ugh, the aforementioned "Japanese publisher" is indeed DLsite...they are reaching out to western devs with their localized publishing service recently.
Aaaaaahhhh... And they ask for Denuvo? Really?

Also, if its DLSite they might make you only sell the game on their page or something, since they have a localized one for the west.

We cant decide for you, but my honest opinion is that putting Denuvo in your game (In ANY game, honestly) is a mistake that should be avoided if possible.

Project Helius

Game Developer
May 20, 2018
It seems that their own DRM mechanism never works so they are looking for lab rats to try new toys on.

As for me, I'd avoid messing with Denuvo anytime soon, but it's not 100%. We will see...

Reactions: JerryFK

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
It seems that their own DRM mechanism never works so they are looking for lab rats to try new toys on.

As for me, I'd avoid messing with Denuvo anytime soon, but it's not 100%. We will see...
Well, the part about their DRM not working... There is a game named Skunk 4 that still hasnt been cracked and it allegedly uses their login DRM system, and it released like 6 years ago. So it probably is mostly the lab rats part :p

Also, Denuvo implemented by people that have never used it... oof. Its bad enough when a AAA dev uses it and eats up all your resources, but by someone new it could be an atrocity.

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018

I don't know if it's an unorthodox thing to do but perhaps you could ask other developers that are currently on the site for their experience to see if it's worth it. The dev that made Poke Abby put their game on that site, I don't know how active they are online but perhaps you could ask them.

Reactions: Scrichta

SorLoras

Aug 8, 2016
i cant play the game, when i open the FallenDoll.exe, appear a box saying "The UE4-FallenDoll game has crashed and will...Fatal error!" anyone knows about?
Srry for my english.

4.30 star(s) 25 Votes