• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

AngelsAfterDark

Formerly 'DetroitAfterDark'
Jun 11, 2021
She probably didn't cheat on him, nor was she raped, surely it was a prank from the others since they didn't like the MC and the next day they were waiting for him, so they must be the ones who sent the photos or messages, maybe they drugged the "friend" too , they stripped both of their clothes and set up the whole scene. (I still think it is better to remain in doubt, in case the dev wishes or has time to continue the story in the future)

ohh so it was also the guy's idea, I thought it would have been the others
I mean surly she would've known if she had intercourse, it would be obvious if she did or did not so there would be no reason for her to believe that she was raped if she and that dude were both drugged and nothing happened...although if she told MC she "thinks" she was raped then that theory holds water but if she was certain she got raped and then it turns out nothing happened between her and the dude and it was all a setup then it would just be dumb storytelling. It does seem more plausible that it was a set up tho cause it's hard to believe she was raped when she woke up with the dude next to her, I'm sure if you drugged a girl and raped her you wouldn't sleep with her till the next morning you'd dip. But alas as plausible as that theory seems it feels like the dev had no idea wtf he was doing.. I mean you can argue that she and the dude both thought they had sex because they were drunk and woke up naked and only later she found out she and him were set up but still it brings me back to the point above, if they didn't have intercourse she would've known. Her body would've told her.

Reactions: v1900

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Ahh I see, perfectly understandable reason, do wish him the best with his life.
Maybe if he decides to one day return to Fallen Roads he'd bring us a rewoked game with a complete overhaul.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I mean surly she would've known if she had intercourse, it would be obvious if she did or did not so there would be no reason for her to believe that she was raped if she and that dude were both drugged and nothing happened...although if she told MC she "thinks" she was raped then that theory holds water but if she was certain she got raped and then it turns out nothing happened between her and the dude and it was all a setup then it would just be dumb storytelling. It does seem more plausible that it was a set up tho cause it's hard to believe she was raped when she woke up with the dude next to her, I'm sure if you drugged a girl and raped her you wouldn't sleep with her till the next morning you'd dip. But alas as plausible as that theory seems it feels like the dev had no idea wtf he was doing.. I mean you can argue that she and the dude both thought they had sex because they were drunk and woke up naked and only later she found out she and him were set up but still it brings me back to the point above, if they didn't have intercourse she would've known. Her body would've told her.
I don't remember her making any claims one way or the other about being raped - or not. She didn't get a lot of chance to explain anything. Trying to get him out of there to explain seems reasonable. She didn't get that chance.
Doesn't seem that hard to believe a guy would pass out after sex, rape or no rape, especially if he's under the influence or drugs / alcohol. Dumb people do dumb shit.
Just my take.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I don't remember her making any claims one way or the other about being raped - or not. She didn't get a lot of chance to explain anything. Trying to get him out of there to explain seems reasonable. She didn't get that chance.
Doesn't seem that hard to believe a guy would pass out after sex, rape or no rape, especially if he's under the influence or drugs / alcohol. Dumb people do dumb shit.
Just my take.
I don't remember saying she claimed to be raped,I was strictly talking about theory and what possibly happend between her and the dude, it is obvious she didn't have consensual sex with him otherwise she wouldn't have said she didn't cheat on MC(yes she could be lying but what does she have to gain by doing that?) there's also the fact that she was emotional about what happened that night so one can only assume she was sexually assaulted,It was also heavily implied but like I said it's just theory based on what we were shown and yeah you do have a point, it would be possible that he passed out after assaulting her but clearly he wasn't that intoxicated to pass out so I feel like that's not likely what happened but I could be wrong.
Guess we'll never know...probably.

Reactions: clowns234

naniwtf

Dec 16, 2020
my own head canon cause i needed some closure

Next day after leaving the pastor's house

Annie: Leo, you mind driving for a bit? I'm getting tired.
Leo: sure

*After a while*

Leo: you guys ever get tired of living?
Ava&Annie: Huh?
Leo: Just that, lately these...burdens that I have seems to be getting heavier and heavier and I'm tired of it.

*Leo starts playing highway to hell*
*starts speeding up*
Annie and Ava looks at each other with visible worry

Annie: Leo, if you want to...vent, we're he-
*crashes*

TV: Breaking news, a highway car crash lead to the death of 3 young adults, Leo, Annie and Ava. Consequently, it also caused a pile up which injured dozens and killing two brothers, Bryce and Dick.

The end

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yusuf69, take care and best of luck for the future. This was an interesting story idea and I would have liked to see the end. However, I understand how unlikely that is with everything going on in your life. It would be nice if you posted some spoilers of the direction you were heading, cleared up some stuff. It's just a fact that once a game is abandoned it is unlikely to be "unabandoned". Just a truly rare thing... Telling the story, whatever you have to tell, would take a lot of pressure off in terms of expectations and allow you to move on. Thank you for having the class to let everyone know instead of disappearing like so many other devs we could name.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Yusuf69, take care and best of luck for the future. This was an interesting story idea and I would have liked to see the end. However, I understand how unlikely that is with everything going on in your life. It would be nice if you posted some spoilers of the direction you were heading, cleared up some stuff. It's just a fact that once a game is abandoned it is unlikely to be "unabandoned". Just a truly rare thing... Telling the story, whatever you have to tell, would take a lot of pressure off in terms of expectations and allow you to move on. Thank you for having the class to let everyone know instead of disappearing like so many other devs we could name.
Gods, you can be a sappy fuck at times, bro. Ahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: MrFriendly

ivanov95

Oct 23, 2017
Sad to see this one abandoned! Wish all the best to the dev and hopefully one day when he is in a better state in his life, to continue this game!

Reactions: xXwankerXx

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Gods, you can be a sappy fuck at times, bro. Ahahaha
Nah, I just know what it's like to have some "mental issues" and lose a parent. I figure the best thing for his mental health is to not have this sitting in the back of his mind. A clean break, spoil the story, and then focus on what really matters.

I am still very much an asshole who lives in a garbage can.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Nah, I just know what it's like to have some "mental issues" and lose a parent. I figure the best thing for his mental health is to not have this sitting in the back of his mind. A clean break, spoil the story, and then focus on what really matters.

I am still very much an asshole who lives in a garbage can.
I've lost both of mine. But, I'm not such a cold-hearted asshole. I feel for him. I may not understand it, as my family wasn't normal in any sense of the word. So, I wish him well.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes