Whiteleaf Studio

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2019
A business should understand that putting forward a product and then abandoning it (twice now) erodes the goodwill of your consumer base until *nothing* brings money.
Rise of the Outcast Hero is not for sale, how is that a product?
It's only a product when I start selling it on Steam. Until then it's just a free game that I can do whatever I want with it.

Reactions: kevjo76 and sava75

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Rise of the Outcast Hero is not for sale, how is that a product?
It's only a product when I start selling it on Steam. Until then it's just a free game that I can do whatever I want with it.
It does make it harder to muster interest if there's the looming potential that it'll be axed just because not enough people jump on board. I do understand that you have to run a business though and I assume that that potential hesitation is factored in.

But for all that it matters, from an artistic standpoint it does sadden me that you're forced to be so cutthroat with your own creations.

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
I really like Whiteleaf Studio games, and I really like this game, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that it was already over. Much like Tamas Awakening, it feels like it had a lot more potential but was rushed to the finish.
Well you heard them. They only do things that make them money. They have no interest in giving good endings. Rush the end to move on to the next cash cow.

Immunity

Jul 8, 2017
We're a business after all. We only do what brings money.
That's an incredibly disheartening line to read from any artist, be it author, musician, or game developer, and in large part sums up what is wrong with the AVN space in a nutshell - all about the money rather than the product delivered to fans. Such a solid idea rushed to the finish just so they can throw something else up on Steam.

3.70 star(s) 19 Votes