Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

4.00 star(s) 65 Votes

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Interesting and thoughtful question.

I do actually have a "next game" in mind, although I still have a lot of work to do to finish FF&S before I consider touching that. As currently conceived, however, it would be a relatively main-stream game. (Another way of phrasing that would be "within Patreon guidelines.") After JohnCBB left FF&S, I found the writing quite challenging. Not all of the genres in it are really my own kink - a lot of them represented John's.

Whether I actually decide to dive into another game is an open question, however. By the time this project ends, it'll have consumed 5 years of evenings and weekends. Big decision as to whether I'm up to committing to a repeat of that. Of course, STDH might give me an opportunity to stretch FF&S into some genres that will not make it into the main story. We'll have to see. But even though I have the general outline for "Rich's Game Mark II," I'm far from certain I'll do it.

FYI, one of the competitors for "next game" is the idea of instead devoting myself to tutorials and sample code that other game makers could use, plus maybe some utilities that might be useful for people using Daz Studio. I am a professional programmer, after all, so maybe I'll head in that direction.

So, I know that's an answer that isn't an answer. Maybe the TL;DR of it is "I don't know?" :D
You should do whatever you enjoy doing. While I am sad that your story veered away from Melissa, I understand that your heart has to be in it to make it work. Maybe you can find a writer / storyteller that better fits your interests, so you can stick to what you enjoy doing - the code and the Daz.

As someone who has watched a lot of tutorials in the past year, I appreciate the effort people have put into them. Not sure what kind of revenue they would generate, if that is a factor.

Reactions: lala2122

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Can we expect more plot twist in the coming update to path A?
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of characters? The author knows! Mwaaah haaah haaah haaah!"

(For you youngsters, and those not of the American persuasion, that's a reference to )

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of characters? The author knows! Mwaaah haaah haaah haaah!"

(For you youngsters, and those not of the American persuasion, that's a reference to )
Loved those types of shows. They have some "radio shows" on Youtube, some were Twilight Zone episodes turned into radio plays you can listen to.

ifss

Mar 3, 2019

I'll take that as a yes. -.-

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Rich, are you convinced that distinct paths deserve to be their own games?
You are misunderstanding me. This project has a single choice that the player makes in Chapter 9. So, what started as a pure kinetic novel then branches into what I refer to as the "a" path and "b" path. The "b" path portion of this project has been completed - if you choose that particular option, you can go all the way to the end of that option. If you choose the other option, the content down that branch is not complete.

So, there's only one "Family, Friends and Strangers" game - it just has two separate story lines after Chapter 9. One complete, one not.

4.00 star(s) 65 Votes
!-- Place this before closing the element (if you have multiple ads, place it only once). -->