Unity Family Guy Series of Unfortunate Events [v0.0.3 Alpha] [Crooked Mind Games]

1.60 star(s) 5 Votes
Jan 23, 2019
I feel like American dad would of been a better choice at least the daughter is someone who is kind of hot and the mother is better looking as well
Yeah I know this started a long time ago as a collaboration with CopyPasteZombie who was a rule 34 artist I came into contact with on DeviantArt. They stopped making art and I ended up picking up the project and doing everything myself. I already had art for a Family Guy game so I went ahead with it as a starting project. All the code can be reused for future games so I'll be starting an American Dad one once the base code for this game is done including dialogue, save and load, items and skills.

Mar 4, 2022
A dozen people have pointed out control issues. I got her dressed and walked up to Chris and Lois and zip... E doesn't interact, what freaking keys work?

Jan 23, 2019
A dozen people have pointed out control issues. I got her dressed and walked up to Chris and Lois and zip... E doesn't interact, what freaking keys work?
There's custom keybinding in the settings menu. Try and see if that works and if it doesn't let me know your operating system and a screenshot of the issue. Only thing interactable is the closet atm.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
It's a work in progress I don't expect donations it's a completely free to play game. It's to support the development of the game. Already had to buy Spine Pro and I used all the saved up donations of $330 to buy it. If it wasn't for the financial support this would've died due to being unable to afford Spine Pro. Now that I have it I can also start working on other games like American Dad etc.
Maybe try to make this some form of a game before committing yourself to multiple projects?

Reactions: AnnikaE

closetpervert904

Oct 6, 2018
It's a parody game. Parodies of copyright is allowed as long as its not profited from.
patreon might be considered profit. either way i'm rooting for you. just remember that most people understand delays and lengthy process just dont hide the truth from us and let us know its a slow process. Also until you get moving... might be best to not start on the american dad just yet. but when you do... i'll be looking for that too.

signed a potential future fan. I'm rooting for ya.

Reactions: CrookedMindGames
Jan 23, 2019
Out of curiosity.. is there any other programs that you need?
No actually the only other tool I would use later is 15.ai voice synthesis which is free to use at the moment. Current donations are going towards a new SSD to help with development currently running off of 3gb empty local disk space which causes a lot of problems since most software uses local disk app data and I've been struggling with that.

Last edited:

nwoguy

May 30, 2017
The game would be better if the dev made the mouse usable i.e. click where you want the MC to go, click on what/who you want the MC to interact with instead of using keys.

Reactions: CrookedMindGames
Jan 23, 2019
The game would be better if the dev made the mouse usable i.e. click where you want the MC to go, click on what/who you want the MC to interact with instead of using keys.
Already working on it for mobile release as an option to use touch controls or touch joystick. Which would allow for PC to use click to move.

Reactions: nwoguy
Jan 23, 2019
idk why but it feels like a lot of people are complaining about a game in alpha. the dev should ignore them and keep doing what they are doing because i feel like its headed in the right direction
Don't worry I am indeed ignoring it unless it's useful information for bug fixing. I've already expected it because it's so alpha and I'm just trying to be as transparent as possible. People who complain usually aren't the brightest individuals.

Zirionzone

Mar 14, 2020
Meg as a main character for this game is a bad decision. I mean I get what they are trying to drive at here but I think that Chris would be a more suitable choice as most who play these games are guys themselves and it would be more cannon to show. But if you want you could try doing a duo story and have the player choose between Chris or Meg at the beginning and parallel story lines for replay value.

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
Don't worry I am indeed ignoring it unless it's useful information for bug fixing. I've already expected it because it's so alpha and I'm just trying to be as transparent as possible. People who complain usually aren't the brightest individuals.
Well I do know this game is pretty good ideawise, and my only issue is a matter of being able to play the game in windowed form. It would be really useful.

1.60 star(s) 5 Votes