Mod QSP Completed Family Life: Spectre1viper Mod version 26

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Deleted member 23006

May 3, 2017
Dude. Thanks a ton for taking the time to help out. I really appreciate it. Keep up the good work.

The problem was when I was extracting the first part I did it in my Mac and then for the subsequent parts I did using winrar in my VM, And while I was extracting in Mac accidentally overwrote the pic folder which ended up deleting the original content of pic folder instead of merging it. Your screenshot of the pic folder helped me identify the issue.
No problem, glad to be able to help.

Deleted member 23006

May 3, 2017
Not really. The best way to handle this is to save your game frequently using different save game names. You can repeat or spawn the same or new events in some situations by reversing time, but not all of them. In many cases you have to advance the day by one in order for the same or new content to spawn. If you knew all the variables involved, you could use the command injector to reverse previous choices but you would have to dig into the code for that.
Yes it only seems to work for the daughters events in the original game. It for example won't work for peeking into the neighbors rooms. It does help a lot saving time with Foxy, massage and playing for example. But when you need to give Foxy the books to advance it won't work. This game doesn't have a reset day button like a modded SOB of Big Kayush have.

Plus it would't work in the same way as some scenes require time to have elapsed.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
This is such a convoluted process for download and installing, no wonder so many people are having problems. A simple, single file torrent, or split archive patch is all that is needed, so it can be extracted in one hit. Also the root folder should be included, so when users 'extract here', they all extract to the same place, without the need for most people to drag files and folder around, and possibly creating more issues. The naming of the files should also signify that they are add-ons, and don't include the base game, and the part 1 and 6 (WTF), should just be a patch to apply after the main add-on. With the size of this, it would just be easier, safer and faster to have a torrent.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
This is such a convoluted process for download and installing, no wonder so many people are having problems. A simple, single file torrent, or split archive patch is all that is needed, so it can be extracted in one hit. Also the root folder should be included, so when users 'extract here', they all extract to the same place, without the need for most people to drag files and folder around, and possibly creating more issues. The naming of the files should also signify that they are add-ons, and don't include the base game, and the part 1 and 6 (WTF), should just be a patch to apply after the main add-on. With the size of this, it would just be easier, safer and faster to have a torrent.
I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree. The installation instructions are clear, players just don't read them. Not that many players are having installation issues either. Most installation issues (especially lately) are due to player error.

Players sometimes rename the default Family Life folder to a different name so your suggestion of including the root folder name would make matters worse. I tell players to extract the contents of each archive into the root folder of Family Life without creating an additional folder ("Extract here"). The instructions are basic and clear, players just think they can download all the files and install away without reading anything. I also make it very clear in the "Downloads", "Installation", and "Requirements" section that the base game is required (text is highlighted in red).

The reason the version number of the game is included is due to the fact that the mod isn't a drop-in to the original game. This mod replaces all of the original game code files with its own. I merge in the updates from new versions of the game with each mod update. So the versions need to match (original game version with the mod). If they don't match players run into many issues.

The mod changes too frequently to make a torrent viable. For a long time I was releasing two to three versions per month. The Google Drive links for the mod are full speed downloads so the player can download the mod faster than a sparsely shared torrent.

A split archive patch isn't a good fit for this mod either. I design each part of the mod so that once it is downloaded, it doesn't need to be downloaded again (except for Part 1 which changes with each new version). This way players only have to download what has changed between each release and not the entire mod again. With a split archive patch I would have to re-upload the whole mod again with each new version which would be a nightmare (since most parts of the mod are roughly 2 GB in size). This method works well for downloads that don't change frequently (which mine does).

I understand and respect your opinion but I know what I am doing and I do it this way for many reasons.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree. The installation instructions are clear, players just don't read them. Not that many players are having installation issues either. Most installation issues (especially lately) are due to player error.

Players sometimes rename the default Family Life folder to a different name so your suggestion of including the root folder name would make matters worse. I tell players to extract the contents of each archive into the root folder of Family Life without creating an additional folder ("Extract here"). The instructions are basic and clear, players just think they can download all the files and install away without reading anything. I also make it very clear in the "Downloads", "Installation", and "Requirements" section that the base game is required (text is highlighted in red).

The reason the version number of the game is included is due to the fact that the mod isn't a drop-in to the original game. This mod replaces all of the original game code files with its own. I merge in the updates from new versions of the game with each mod update. So the versions need to match (original game version with the mod). If they don't match players run into many issues.

The mod changes too frequently to make a torrent viable. For a long time I was releasing two to three versions per month. The Google Drive links for the mod are full speed downloads so the player can download the mod faster than a sparsely shared torrent.

A split archive patch isn't a good fit for this mod either. I design each part of the mod so that once it is downloaded, it doesn't need to be downloaded again (except for Part 1 which changes with each new version). This way players only have to download what has changed between each release and not the entire mod again. With a split archive patch I would have to re-upload the whole mod again with each new version which would be a nightmare (since most parts of the mod are roughly 2 GB in size). This method works well for downloads that don't change frequently (which mine does).

I understand and respect your opinion but I know what I am doing and I do it this way for many reasons.
I respectfully disagree with your disagreement :)

If your installation is 15 paragraphs of various instructions, when it only needs to be one ("extract the archive and open in QSP"), then it's getting too complicated for most the non-computer-savvy people on the forum.

A big part of the problem is that 'part one' changes, which is really confusing and goes against almost every standard patching system I've every encountered. Generally the formats are more like this:
v1.0 - core game files (not changing)
v1.01 - small patch to core game files.
v1.2 - update patch, with major changes, incorporating previous patches.

Patches come last, not first. At most, you should have a two files. Or at least, you could have a 2gb split archive for the main core game files, only requiring a single extraction, then apply the patches over that. All of which should have a root folder within the archive, so they extract to the same folder, even if the user decides to rename them (much like every other game on F95zone). I agree, that if you update frequently, then you probably don't want have a full combined torrent, but you can have the core files done that way, as it only requires a single download, no matter if the archive is split. However, considering your base files aren't changing, and replace a lot of standard game files, how much extra in size would it be to have the base files included in the base package?

Either way, your instructions are also confusing and far too lengthy for what should be a simple process.

1. Download and install the base game (should be your very first link, right above the mod links).
2. Extract the main archive into the base game folder and overwrite.
3. Apply latest patch to your game.
4. Use QSP version blah-blah to play (or include the right version like other's do).

- and these are the sort of instructions you would normally find, not 10 steps of muddled instructions that people tend to skip over. Sure, if you made made it this way, or have been using the mod since the start, it's not that complex, but looking through pages of similar issues, it's evident that many do find it complicated, which is odd, as qsp games aren't that complex normally. I wouldn't be surprised if many people simply skip this mod, because the instructions are overly complex, which is a shame, as I'm certain you intention wasn't to over-explain, but to cover all bases.

Lastly, I would also put the files into a mega folder, then you only need one mega link that never changes, and allows file queuing. Google isn't as user friendly, but torrent certainly is.

Bard

May 1, 2017
guys i really like that you made this mod ..... but i dont want to download it through mega/google. For something so large /more than 9 gb/ u should really use torrent not some mega/google. And i dont have previous version so download everything is pain in the ass. I understand if its 1-2 gb but not something so large.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
guys i really like that you made this mod ..... but i dont want to download it through mega/google. For something so large /more than 9 gb/ u should really use torrent not some mega/google. And i dont have previous version so download everything is pain in the ass. I understand if its 1-2 gb but not something so large.
If taking the time to download the mod is too much trouble then you should definitely look elsewhere. Posts like this blow my mind. I can download the entire mod in under 15 minutes from Google Drive. :(

Blaxe

Oct 22, 2017
Version 12

• Moved the mod project from Beta to Production status – I haven’t seen any bug reports for a while
  • Added 10 new scenes to the beach
  • Added two new scenes to the Gym when working out alone
  • Added 16 new random camera events for Foxy. You have to be approximately 33% of the way through her path in order to trigger the new scenes when looking at the cameras in your office.
  • Developed some code to handle the random number problem in the QSP game engine. Random die rolls won’t roll a duplicate number until all options/scenes/events have been triggered. Applied this code to the random Johnny events and all camera events added by this mod. I will apply this code in the future as needed. This should fix most issues with the same scenes repeating over and over while others rarely trigger.
  • Updated the mod to include all version 1.3 changes and additions
Downloads updated in the OP (opening post). Players upgrading from version 11 of the mod should download Parts 1, 4, & 5. Players new to the mod will need to download all 5 parts. The reason the mod is so large is due to adding many HQ HD videos to the game.

I haven't had time to play with the new changes to Gina's path introduced in version 1.3 of the original game. Hopefully it is bug free (too much to hope for or lol?). :)

Upgrading from Version 1.2.x to Version 1.3
The download below will fully update version 1.2 or version 1.2.5 to version 1.3 without mods included. It can be installed over the top of version 1.2 or version 1.2.5.

This update is only 325 MB as opposed to 4 GB for the full 1.3 version.

To get my mod after updating to version 1.3 just download and install Parts 1 - 5 in the Downloads section in the opening post (page 1 and top post). You do not need this update if you have already downloaded the full Family Life 1.3 version (approximately 4 GB).
not to sound rude can u reupload this patch?
my version is 1.25 and need update to 1.3 so i can install next update
basically i have patch 1.3 to 1.45 but my own version is 1.25
forgot to check on update 1.3

thanks you

Bard

May 1, 2017
If taking the time to download the mod is too much trouble then you should definitely look elsewhere. Posts like this blow my mind. I can download the entire mod in under 15 minutes from Google Drive. :(
Downloading from google or mega is really fast. I personally go for torrents as a last resort.
look guys - i dont care how fast it take - even i dont have fastest internet - 20Mbits/sec - so usually i download around 1,7-2,5 MB/sec - 1 part is 15 minutes so around +/- 1hour15 minutes /part 1 is 9MB so i dont even care/. The difference is i dont live 15 years ago to use sharing servers without an option to verify integrity of packets. And after an hour of downloading I need to be sure that every single file - and I pressume there are fucking lots of them /pics and mp4´s/ - are uncorrupted. Even if i download from torrent slowly for 6-8 hours i dont care /I can simply start before "bed time"/ but in the morning I am sure that all of thousands of files are OK and I dont need to download and try which of those parts has corrupted files - shit happen - just try to browse pages here from people who discovered that after downloading from mega/google they HAVE a corrupted parts. But again this is NOT something I have against creators or uploaders of this mod - they did and doing excelent work and have my thanx - this was just a fucking suggestion.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
not to sound rude can u reupload this patch?
my version is 1.25 and need update to 1.3 so i can install next update
basically i have patch 1.3 to 1.45 but my own version is 1.25
forgot to check on update 1.3

thanks you
I no longer have it. You need to download the full game. Download link is on the opening page.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
@Bard - Torrents are only helpful if plenty of players share them. There are tons of torrents that I download that stay at 0% for days and weeks because no one is actively sharing them. Due to how often the mod gets updated torrents aren't a good solution. Torrents aren't like regular downloads where once I upload a torrent anyone can download it at any time. People have to actively have their torrent client open and actively share the torrent before anyone can download it. Additionally, if only one or two people are sharing the torrent, the download speed is extremely slow, sometimes taking days or even a week to download.

If I did provide a torrent, players would then complain that it was too slow or that no one was sharing it when they went to download it with their torrent client. Either way it is a lose - lose situation for me.

Regarding the corrupted downloads from Google Drive or Mega. This simply isn't the case for this mod. I've read every post on my mod page forum. The original game page was having this problem but not here.

I'm not accusing you of this but players post here demanding things because they have a sense of entitlement. Forget the countless hours I put into this project for free, because I didn't provide the download (or something else) in their preferred method they complain or want more. This makes authors less inclined to produce content for free. There are tons of players out there yet only a handful of people willing to author content for free. It isn't easy being an author because there are always a group of people who are unhappy or expect more.

I wish players would just accept what I am offering and be grateful. I have never been opposed to player suggestions or new ideas as long as they are presented respectfully.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Version 21

• Translation improvements by @Massanian. Thank you!
  • Improved Foxy’s walkthrough so it leads all the way up to the beginning of Foxy’s “Nymphomaniac” path added by this mod.
  • Small bug fixes and game flow improvements
  • Made a few of the events added by this mod easier to trigger (ones players seemed to have trouble with)
  • Replaced Laura’s glory hole scene with an HD HQ version (mod version). This mod was the first to add Laura’s glory hole event. The original author came up with one several versions after my mod introduced it. The HD HQ improved video clip only affects the one added by this mod. The one added by the original game (later) is unchanged.
  • Added a new command to the command injector: FoxyNewPathStart = 1 that will simulate a save game at the beginning of Foxy’s “Nymphomaniac” path. This should only be used for players who have played through the game at least once or are really stuck and can’t get to this point in the game. Foxy’s “Nymphomaniac” path leads to Tamara’s “Fuck Toy” path.
  • Added one Tamara event (post-Tamara path) written by @zhadum. Thank you!
  • Added one Tamara event (post-Tamara path) – no text added yet, just video clips currently
  • Added two events for Lana Rhoades (post-Tamara path) – no text added yet, just video clips currently
  • Added a new scene with Laura (post-Tamara path)
  • Added two events for Kelly Klass (post-Tamara path)
  • Added two events for Dani Jensen (post-Tamara path) – no text added yet, just video clips currently
Downloads updated on the OP (opening post).

Players upgrading from version 20 of the mod should download Part 1 and Part 7.
Players upgrading from version 18 or version 19 of the mod should download Part 1, Part 6, and Part 7.
Players upgrading from any other version will need to download ALL parts of the mod.

The original game of Family Life (latest version) is required for all versions of the mod.

I apologize that some of the new events don't have descriptions/story added to them. This may be completed at some point but I didn't want to hold back this version any longer.

I hope you enjoy the new version! :)

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
The mod is On-Hold until further notice.

This isn't due to any player or players but mainly because I've been really burned out for some time now. I need a long break before considering doing anything else with the mod. This mod has occupied 90% of my free time for the past five months. I went fast and furious for a long time with few breaks. Most developers release new versions once a month at best (usually 2 - 4 times per year) and I was releasing new versions 2 - 3 times per month with a good amount of new content with each version.

I really appreciate all the help, support, and feedback I have received! Thank you! :)

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes