Mod QSP Completed Family Life: Spectre1viper Mod version 26

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Hi peeps. I searched a bit around but I couldn't find a solution. I unzipped all the modded packs in one place and added the modded qsp files from part 1 but when i open the game.qsp it totally seems broken. I just see a big broken file image. All parts have been extracted in the same place. The unmodded version runs fine.
You need to follow all of the instructions under the 'Downloads' and 'Installation' sections on the OP.

Xoiros

Mar 19, 2018
You need to follow all of the instructions under the 'Downloads' and 'Installation' sections on the OP.
I'm fairly certain I know how to extract zips and copy paste qsps. Here's a screenshot of my file after extracting all the .zip parts. The second screenshot is the game.qsp whenever I run it.

ammo4fun

Jul 20, 2017
I'm fairly certain I know how to extract zips and copy paste qsps. Here's a screenshot of my file after extracting all the .zip parts. The second screenshot is the game.qsp whenever I run it.
look at this location:

Original Game Link

Note: The original game link above doesn't contain the latest version of the game. It doesn't get updated very frequently. The latest version of the game is listed below.

Reactions: Xoiros

mrtyormaa

May 4, 2017
What issue are you having? And what are the steps that you did to install this game + mod?
1. Downloaded the torrent link. provided here
2. Extracted Family live 1.4.5
3. Downloaded all 6 parts
4. Extracted all 6 parts into the original folder and merged all folder and overwrote the files.
5. Tried to open the game.qsp file by qspgui.exe.

The problem happens as posted here.

I don't understand how to proceed. I tried to Settings->Show/Hide->Objects/Actions/Additional Description. I don't see any links to click to move forward past the initial image with the game title.

Deleted member 23006

May 3, 2017
1. Downloaded the torrent link. provided here
2. Extracted Family live 1.4.5
3. Downloaded all 6 parts
4. Extracted all 6 parts into the original folder and merged all folder and overwrote the files.
5. Tried to open the game.qsp file by qspgui.exe.

The problem happens as posted here.

I don't understand how to proceed. I tried to Settings->Show/Hide->Objects/Actions/Additional Description. I don't see any links to click to move forward past the initial image with the game title.
What is the filesize of your family life folder?

And can you post a screenshot of your pic folder

Deleted member 23006

May 3, 2017
I must have overwritten the pic folder in the initial step instead of merging it. I will give it a try again and update. Thanks for the help.
You should overwrite when asked to. But you also must choose to extract here and not to a folder. Do you have any other folders than the ones in my screenshot. If so. Cut and past any files in that folder to the main folder. If you have there is no need to download the mod again.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
@spectre1viper is there a variable or a button that resets daily actions
Not really. The best way to handle this is to save your game frequently using different save game names. You can repeat or spawn the same or new events in some situations by reversing time, but not all of them. In many cases you have to advance the day by one in order for the same or new content to spawn. If you knew all the variables involved, you could use the command injector to reverse previous choices but you would have to dig into the code for that.

A lot of my mod content checks for a certain variable as a condition to enable the event. This is the reason why you cannot have more than one sex event or camera event per day with most of the characters in game. If you knew what the variable was you could set it to zero which would allow more than one of that type of event to occur per day. You would have to set the variable to zero again with each new instance of the event.

It would be possible to do something like this by adding a new cheat. I'll have to think about this...

mrtyormaa

May 4, 2017
You should overwrite when asked to. But you also must choose to extract here and not to a folder. Do you have any other folders than the ones in my screenshot. If so. Cut and past any files in that folder to the main folder. If you have there is no need to download the mod again.
Dude. Thanks a ton for taking the time to help out. I really appreciate it. Keep up the good work.

The problem was when I was extracting the first part I did it in my Mac and then for the subsequent parts I did using winrar in my VM, And while I was extracting in Mac accidentally overwrote the pic folder which ended up deleting the original content of pic folder instead of merging it. Your screenshot of the pic folder helped me identify the issue.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes