seronis

May 9, 2022
Hi everyone.. I'm trying to start the game using JoiPlay on my tablet but it gives me this error.. Is it possible to have an updated ending.rpy?? Thank you
just delete the letters 'xpos'. Alignment already set the position so its invalid to manually set the position when using alignment.

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
What are the minimum chores you need to do? Are they weekly minimums? I thought I might do one of each and by the end of the week I was considered a horrible father. I'm sure I was, but baby events take up a long time and you need to do them at times where other stuff is also happening (such as family dinner). So it would be awesome to know exactly what the minimum is, so I can fill it and dedicate the rest of the game time to other sorts of grind :p

(Joking, but I enjoyed the game so far. The slow grind is okay, there's a lot of stories going on and you always feel like some progress is happening)

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
What are the minimum chores you need to do? Are they weekly minimums? I thought I might do one of each and by the end of the week I was considered a horrible father. I'm sure I was, but baby events take up a long time and you need to do them at times where other stuff is also happening (such as family dinner). So it would be awesome to know exactly what the minimum is, so I can fill it and dedicate the rest of the game time to other sorts of grind :p

(Joking, but I enjoyed the game so far. The slow grind is okay, there's a lot of stories going on and you always feel like some progress is happening)
The grind is pretty bad (too much for me, and I'm pretty patient), so I did put in some cheats that allow you to lock your stats when you get them high enough (you can also boost them manually). I do recommend grinding them up yourself, if only to allow you to fully appreciate it when you don't need to any more! Personally, I enjoy learning how to efficiently grind through a QSP game, but once I have that figured out, the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Regarding chores, at a minimum you have to clean the pool once per week, and clean in the house twice per week. Althernatively, you could play with the baby twice, and clean the baby twice. If you do all of the above in a week, you get a slight boost in your relationship with Laura, but I can't be bothered. So: Pool once, house twice, ignore the kid = good father.

Reactions: reidanota

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
Pool once, house twice, ignore the kid = good father.
Thanks! As for the grind, I've played my share of open ended qsp games, as long as there are events to keep things interesting, it helps with the "life sim" aspect (but does get old quickly).

Tbh I don't mind qsp at all, it can be enjoyable, depending a lot on how much work is put into the interface, shortcuts, stats, etc. I'm playing your version mainly because of its QOL features, including cheats, and secondly because I've had recent bad experiences trying to play different qsp games that rely on different versions of the player. Even when the game includes the player, some weird file association problem on my side causes the version used by GL to be called, and there's much crashing and chaos. Eventually I'm able to sort things out, but never sure that everything's working as intended. ETO, for example, has only male class mate head images in my game, despite their names indicating both male and female npcs. So, thanks also for sparing me the rage and frustration.

Reactions: NightTrain

seronis

May 9, 2022
Out of boredom i checked to see if the game could load from the renpy 8.2.2 sdk and it has the same byte error in 01vscene.rpy that was posted about the other day, even after doing a clean recompile. I had noticed there was a small archive alt.rpa so just moved it out of the project and the game loads fine.

Too lazy at the moment to extract the rpa and find out specfically which file inside is causing problems but thought id share this much info in case its useful.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Out of boredom i checked to see if the game could load from the renpy 8.2.2 sdk and it has the same byte error in 01vscene.rpy that was posted about the other day, even after doing a clean recompile. I had noticed there was a small archive alt.rpa so just moved it out of the project and the game loads fine.

Too lazy at the moment to extract the rpa and find out specfically which file inside is causing problems but thought id share this much info in case its useful.
I'm a little surprised that removing alt.rpa makes a difference, but that did involve some pretty dubious coding on my end to easily allow for upgrading the quality of some pictures without requiring a full download of all the event packs, so I'm not entirely surprised.

To help me fix this problem, I really need to know if you're working with the compressed version or the regular version. If you're using the compressed version, I'll need to download it and take a look, but I'd rather not!

seronis

May 9, 2022
I'm a little surprised that removing alt.rpa makes a difference, but that did involve some pretty dubious coding on my end to easily allow for upgrading the quality of some pictures without requiring a full download of all the event packs, so I'm not entirely surprised.

To help me fix this problem, I really need to know if you're working with the compressed version or the regular version. If you're using the compressed version, I'll need to download it and take a look, but I'd rather not!
using the standard. i did download the compressed too but havent installed the compressed extras from it yet so none of those files are in the project folder

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
using the standard. i did download the compressed too but havent installed the compressed extras from it yet so none of those files are in the project folder
Thanks for your feedback. I've found the bug, and will eventually provide an updated version.

In the meantime, if you (or anyone else who finds this) wants to get the game working using a newer version of Ren'Py, you'll need to edit 01vscene.rpy in the game folder, and change line 190 from
Python:
afile = renpy.file(ifile).read().strip();
to
Python:
afile = str(renpy.file(ifile).read()).strip();

Reactions: seronis
4.00 star(s) 21 Votes