• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Trincen

Mar 6, 2021
Hey, just downloaded the game, wanted to try it and this popped up
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't know if it is a known bug or anything, but I'd appreciate the help.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Hey, just downloaded the game, wanted to try it and this popped up
Don't know if it is a known bug or anything, but I'd appreciate the help.
Definitely not a known bug, and it's the first I've heard of any trouble running the program in over a year. Did you download the compress version or the regular version? Did you add any of the event packs yet? If there are any .rpyc files in your game folder you could try deleting them (but keep the .rpy files).

yepcinko

Apr 16, 2022
Hey so i downloaded the game and tried to play it on android via joiplay but i got this msg back, however if i go to the game folder and delete the endings.rpy file, the game starts normally, should i just keep that file in the trashcan for now?

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Hey so i downloaded the game and tried to play it on android via joiplay but i got this msg back, however if i go to the game folder and delete the endings.rpy file, the game starts normally, should i just keep that file in the trashcan for now?
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as this is a bug, although older versions of Ren'py don't have a problem with this.

You should probably keep the endings.rpy file in your game folder, because if it's missing you may run into problems in the future. You can fix the bug by editing endings.rpy and removing the 'xpos' at the end of line 76. If you're not comfortable doing that I can send you an updated endings.rpy file.

yepcinko

Apr 16, 2022
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as this is a bug, although older versions of Ren'py don't have a problem with this.

You should probably keep the endings.rpy file in your game folder, because if it's missing you may run into problems in the future. You can fix the bug by editing endings.rpy and removing the 'xpos' at the end of line 76. If you're not comfortable doing that I can send you an updated endings.rpy file.
Ty for the fix, i did that and the game starts normally now!

Reactions: NightTrain

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Already tried; doesn't work.
I've never heard of anyone getting this game to work on MacOS. You can try downloading the version in
this post, and there's a chance it'll work. If it doesn't, and you're patient enough to try trouble-shooting with me, we
may be able to patch together a working version. I know there are a few others who'd be interested in getting a working Mac version, so I'd like to get one, but since I don't own a Mac I can't really troubleshoot the problems without help.

BlackWing16

Sep 11, 2022
Does anyone know a way to restart a single thread without affecting the others and/or starting a new game? I would like to replay several events.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Does anyone know a way to restart a single thread without affecting the others and/or starting a new game? I would like to replay several events.
The short answer is 'no'. The long answer is 'probably', but it may mess things up. You can go to the Console (press SHIFT-O - that's O, not zero) and then enter
threads["threadID"].reset()
exit
where threadID is the ID of the thread you want to restart. You can get the thread ID by hovering over the thread name on the left side of the thread board (the thread IDs are a single word, starting with the name of the NPC that the thread primarily involves, such as lauraPoolPhoto for the first of Laura's threads). Make sure you enter everything with the correct upper and lower case letters.

This will probably do exactly what you want, but it may temporarily suspend some other threads until you recomplete the thread you've restarted. To be honest, I've never really tested this, but that reset() function must exist for a reason, right? Just keep a save until you're sure the game is still playing properly.

Reactions: BlackWing16

BlackWing16

Sep 11, 2022
The short answer is 'no'. The long answer is 'probably', but it may mess things up. You can go to the Console (press SHIFT-O - that's O, not zero) and then enter
threads["threadID"].reset()
exit
where threadID is the ID of the thread you want to restart. You can get the thread ID by hovering over the thread name on the left side of the thread board (the thread IDs are a single word, starting with the name of the NPC that the thread primarily involves, such as lauraPoolPhoto for the first of Laura's threads). Make sure you enter everything with the correct upper and lower case letters.

This will probably do exactly what you want, but it may temporarily suspend some other threads until you recomplete the thread you've restarted. To be honest, I've never really tested this, but that reset() function must exist for a reason, right? Just keep a save until you're sure the game is still playing properly.
Thanks for the help! Will try this later today.

4.00 star(s) 20 Votes