NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Can you continue the story of Caprice? Because I never understood how to start it.
There's lots of content with Caprice, but it's ridiculously hard to start it. First you have to meet your neighbors (Saturday, 9pm, your pool), and then you have to go over to their house on three different days (between 5pm and 10pm), until you meet their friends (Caprice's parents). Then the grind starts. You have to go to the gym 10 times and do the group sessions ten (!!!) times, when eventually you'll meet Caprice. You'll need $500 and you'll have to agree to do yoga lessons with her (if you don't have the $500, you'll have to repeat the group sessions 10 more times to get another chance). Note that you can start doing the group sessions before you meet your neighbors, but don't do it 10 times until you've saved up the $500 and have met Caprice's parents.

I don't know what the dev was thinking, making this thread so difficult to start.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Are you still going to remake son of a bitch?
Still trying to work up the courage. I remade the whole game for v.29, under the assumption that it was abandoned and never going to change again, but once v.30 was released I realized there was no way to incorporate the new content in my ren'py version without introducing a million bugs, so I had to start over again. And since the ren'py version is no better than the QSP version, I still need to figure out how to build a good walkthrough system. I'm sure I'll try again this winter, but until the weather turns cold I have better things to do.

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
Still trying to work up the courage. I remade the whole game for v.29, under the assumption that it was abandoned and never going to change again, but once v.30 was released I realized there was no way to incorporate the new content in my ren'py version without introducing a million bugs, so I had to start over again. And since the ren'py version is no better than the QSP version, I still need to figure out how to build a good walkthrough system. I'm sure I'll try again this winter, but until the weather turns cold I have better things to do.
Did you release the ren'py v.29 version? It doesn't come up in search.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
It's sad the original game (before the html adaptation) was abandoned, as the corruption theme was nearly it's peak. Still, it still missed the last strike, like pregnancy or full harem. Unfortunely my editing skills aren't the best.

Still, a pretty fun game to play.

TheRipper007

Apr 28, 2019
I've noticed, that the event packs are actually called "Family_Life_event1.rpa" (for the first one) after downloading.
In the OP it says, they are suppused to be called event1.rpa and so on.
Do I have to rename them in order to be properly loaded?

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I've noticed, that the event packs are actually called "Family_Life_event1.rpa" (for the first one) after downloading.
In the OP it says, they are suppused to be called event1.rpa and so on.
Do I have to rename them in order to be properly loaded?
Good question! I don't think you need to rename them, since Ren'Py seems to ignore the names of the .rpa files (and the .rpy files). But there's a remote chance you'll run into problems finding a few images if you don't, so you may as well rename them.

Reactions: TheRipper007

elpelon

Apr 29, 2019
Hi, tried the game but I think the compressed version is broken or too much cheat?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/dialogue.rpy", line 76, in script call
call giveGift() from _dialogue_give_gift
File "game/dialogue.rpy", line 329, in script
python:
File "game/dialogue.rpy", line 332, in <module>
renpy.display_menu([msg[1:],0])
ValueError: too many values to unpack

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
python:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1149, in display_menu
for _, val in items:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Family Life 0.1
Sun Jan 15 19:01:12 2023

This only happens when i gave the 3rd dildo to Gina. Only to her.

Thanks for the help

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Hi, tried the game but I think the compressed version is broken or too much cheat?

While running game code:
python:

Full traceback:
python:
for _, val in items:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Family Life 0.1
Sun Jan 15 19:01:12 2023

This only happens when i gave the 3rd dildo to Gina. Only to her.

Thanks for the help
If you can send me a save file from just before this happens, I may be able find and fix the bug.

Reactions: elpelon

elpelon

Apr 29, 2019
If you can send me a save file from just before this happens, I may be able find and fix the bug.
Thanks, this happens too with the wife giving her the bikini

Code:

While running game code:
    python:

Full traceback:
    python:
    for _, val in items:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Family Life 0.1
Mon Jan 16 03:28:34 2023

Seems to be the same error. Really apreaciate your help

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Thanks, this happens too with the wife giving her the bikini

Code:
<<SNIP>>

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Family Life 0.1
Mon Jan 16 03:28:34 2023

Seems to be the same error. Really apreaciate your help
I don't have any problems with your save file, either giving the bikini to Laura or the dildo to Gina. I'm beginning to think the problem is with the compressed version, which I didn't create and haven't used. The reason I say this is because the error messages you posted say 'Family Life 0.1' instead of 'Family Life 1.0.0'. I'll try to download the compress version and see if I can reproduce the problem, but that will take me some time (it's still a pretty big file). But even if I can reproduce the problem, I probably won't be able to solve it other than by saying 'download the full version'!

However, I have an idea that may help. If you download the base version of the game from the original post, you can unpack the game and try again. This is a (relatively) small download of 570 MB, that doesn't contain all of the images and videos, but contains the latest version of the renpy scripts. You should be able to load your save and continue playing where you left off. Please let me know whether the error still occurs when you give the gifts. If it doesn't, great! You can move the files 'event1.rpa', 'event2.rpa', and 'event3.rpa' from the 'game' folder of the compressed version into the 'game' folder of this version, and then you'll have access to all the images and events in the game, without having to download anything else. If the problem still occurs, I can continue to try to figure out how to get you back on track.

elpelon

Apr 29, 2019
I don't have any problems with your save file, either giving the bikini to Laura or the dildo to Gina. I'm beginning to think the problem is with the compressed version, which I didn't create and haven't used. The reason I say this is because the error messages you posted say 'Family Life 0.1' instead of 'Family Life 1.0.0'. I'll try to download the compress version and see if I can reproduce the problem, but that will take me some time (it's still a pretty big file). But even if I can reproduce the problem, I probably won't be able to solve it other than by saying 'download the full version'!

However, I have an idea that may help. If you download the base version of the game from the original post, you can unpack the game and try again. This is a (relatively) small download of 570 MB, that doesn't contain all of the images and videos, but contains the latest version of the renpy scripts. You should be able to load your save and continue playing where you left off. Please let me know whether the error still occurs when you give the gifts. If it doesn't, great! You can move the files 'event1.rpa', 'event2.rpa', and 'event3.rpa' from the 'game' folder of the compressed version into the 'game' folder of this version, and then you'll have access to all the images and events in the game, without having to download anything else. If the problem still occurs, I can continue to try to figure out how to get you back on track.
Yeah it's the compressed version. Downloaded the normal and it works fine. Thanks for the help!

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Yeah it's the compressed version. Downloaded the normal and it works fine. Thanks for the help!
Great, because I tried to download the compress version last night but something went wrong and I didn't want to have to do it again. As I mentioned, you don't need to redownload the three event packs, because the ones from the compressed version are fine if you're able to copy them to the new 'game' folder.

Reactions: elpelon

pheno

Aug 4, 2017
Hey man, just wanted to say thank you so much for these Renpy ports! I'm sure QSP and its horrible spaghetti engine is a nightmare to port from lol so your bravery and talent is hugely appreciated!

Do you still have plans to port 'Son of a Bitch'? I tried the QSP version and it was quite frankly unplayable but have always wanted to try it!

Another favorite of mine is 'Mother's Best Friend' another dogshit QSP game but the gameplay and story is actually decent

I read above that you had a working 0.29 Renpy version working, is that public by any chance?

Reactions: SamHaim

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Thanks!

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to look at Son of a Bitch for a while. I still want to play it, so I'm still going to port it to Ren'Py, but I'm pretty sure I won't have time to work on it for a least 6 months. It's the sort of thing that I can't do in hour-long chunks, but requires a full month of non-stop work.

I did have 0.29 'working', and I use that term loosely because I never actually tested it, so I'm sure there are many bugs. I could try to dig it out for you if you're interested, but honestly, without a built-in walkthrough it was no better than the QSP version (other than having the ability to easily roll-back poor choices).

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I can't do the FollowNanny 17 (last) step and I don't get why.
It looks straightforward. Get your relationship with her over 400, and your handsomeness over 60, and 'follow' her in her room at in the morning. Have you finished the nannyBeach thread yet? If you send me your save file I could easily figure out what you need to do to move forward (any maybe fix a bug while I'm at it).

Reactions: TheSupahDog

TheSupahDog

Apr 10, 2019
It looks straightforward. Get your relationship with her over 400, and your handsomeness over 60, and 'follow' her in her room at in the morning. Have you finished the nannyBeach thread yet? If you send me your save file I could easily figure out what you need to do to move forward (any maybe fix a bug while I'm at it).
I managed it, thanks

Reactions: NightTrain
4.00 star(s) 20 Votes