3.50 star(s) 66 Votes

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Well, I do hope for his patrons sake he paused the payments, seems to still have 44 of'm left. And if the monthly amt is accurate and up-to-date, he's still cashing in $173 and odd cents a month for doing nothing.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well, I do hope for his patrons sake he paused the payments, seems to still have 44 of'm left. And if the monthly amt is accurate and up-to-date, he's still cashing in $173 and odd cents a month for doing nothing.
It's a bit presumptuous to say he's "doing nothing". Not having a release out doesn't mean he's not working on his next update. To be clear, I'm not saying he has, either: there's no evidence either way, since there's no communication about anything. Typically there are crickets for months and months (even over a year sometimes) and then suddenly a new update shows up. That's standard for this developer, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is actually working on the next release.

But it's definitely hard to know what's going on. I just hope he's not in the big war going on in eastern Europe, because that's always a risk. I can't remember if he's Russian or Ukrainian, so maybe the war doesn't matter, either. I'm not sure.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
It's a bit presumptuous to say he's "doing nothing". Not having a release out doesn't mean he's not working on his next update. To be clear, I'm not saying he has, either: there's no evidence either way, since there's no communication about anything. Typically there are crickets for months and months (even over a year sometimes) and then suddenly a new update shows up. That's standard for this developer, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is actually working on the next release.

But it's definitely hard to know what's going on. I just hope he's not in the big war going on in eastern Europe, because that's always a risk. I can't remember if he's Russian or Ukrainian, so maybe the war doesn't matter, either. I'm not sure.
You're right, of course, presumptuous of me to say "doing nothing". Still, the fact there's not even a single quick post letting us know what's going on is enough to put a frown on anyone's face to say the least.

Feb 7, 2022

He is Ukrainian

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
He is Ukrainian
I hope that he and all other soldiers on either side of the war get home safely....
I know that is not gonna happen, but let´s just hope so that he and all the others can go back home one day and celebrate that they are still alive
Oh, I didn’t know that He is also from Ukraine...
It’s strange why the game doesn’t have a Ukrainian or at least ruzzian language officially...

p.s. Thanks for the information, this is one of my favorite games, I just finished the last update the other day
I don't buy into that he is Ukrainian thing at all. Call me a narcissist skeptic but a lot of dev used that excuse to milk more of their patrons. And with the track record of this particular dev, where he tells update is ready and just need finishing touches. Then disappear for year after showing just one render progress report makes it hard to believe him.
Being Ukrainian was an instant sympathy card and many abused it.

Or I could be totally wrong and dev might really have been killed in war in Ukraine and come looking out as an total asshole on internet but i think i can take my chances here.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
This is one of the best games with the abandoned tag on this site
It's always sad seeing that tag next to the name of a game you really like
The Tag mean nothing really in this specific case. Perv2k16 is (in)famous for vanishing for quit some time.
Most likely at some point in the future he materializes a new update out of thin air, then vanish again.
And the loop starts again. ;)

Reactions: Joshy92

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't buy into that he is Ukrainian thing at all. Call me a narcissist skeptic but a lot of dev used that excuse to milk more of their patrons. And with the track record of this particular dev, where he tells update is ready and just need finishing touches. Then disappear for year after showing just one render progress report makes it hard to believe him.
Being Ukrainian was an instant sympathy card and many abused it.

Or I could be totally wrong and dev might really have been killed in war in Ukraine and come looking out as an total asshole on internet but i think i can take my chances here.
I didn't realize people were trying to justify delays by his nationality. Perv2k16 may be from that country, but this happened long before Putin saw Zelenskyy's shaved ass and got a hardon. Like WICKEDp4th says, this has been going on for a long time. It's now 2023 and the OP of this thread is 2018 — before the war and before the bat herpes.

The dev does a great job with his art, but he's a perfectionist, like several others. Some claim it's milking, but the problem is never being satisfied. You can always find something you want to improve on with your creation, trust me. But at a certain point you have to move forward or your entire life will be one long, incomplete work.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
quick question, is the game on hold or is the dev never coming back to it?
There's no way to know. I would watch this thread and keep your saves (if you've played through current content already), but otherwise move on. In the past, Perv2k16 has released an update and then gone quiet for 1 or even 2 years, then released another update. It's thus really hard to gauge whether this latest radio silence means it's abandoned or just if the dev hasn't bothered to post any update news.

Last edited:

SmeltedPickle

Feb 27, 2018
There's no way to know. I would watch this thread and keep your saves (if you've played through current content already), but otherwise move on. In the past, Perv2k16 has released an update and then gone quiet for 1 or even 2 years, then released another update. It's thus really hard to gauge whether this latest radio silence means it's abandoned or just if the dev hasn't bothered to post any update news.
Have to say holy shit, never thought I would actually see some activity in this thread, this was one of the few games that I had on watch that got buried deep into recess of my list.

So imagine my surprise as I am scrolling the notifications tab and see this sub-forum highlighted.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Have to say holy shit, never thought I would actually see some activity in this thread, this was one of the few games that I had on watch that got buried deep into recess of my list.

So imagine my surprise as I am scrolling the notifications tab and see this sub-forum highlighted.
Yeah, I get surprised myself when I see a post over here. If pattern holds for the developer, some update will show up without notice in May or somewhere around there. Like I said previously, the lack of communication makes knowing what to expect impossible, though.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 66 Votes